Re: Text Substitution with pcre:

    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 30, 2011
      Jerrale G:
      > -- Well it seems if we cant UNDERSTAND the man pages completely that we
      > shouldnt expect clarification. PCRE is NOT perl even though it uses
      > perl; therefore, we cannot use it and require your man pages to do so.

      Pcre does not use Perl code.

      > Since your man pages give NO examples for string manipulation, we are
      > here. And now we seem be subject to being scrutinized.

      The pcre_table manpage has the following examples:

      EXAMPLE SMTPD ACCESS MAP
      EXAMPLE HEADER FILTER MAP
      EXAMPLE BODY FILTER MAP

      The header_checks manpage has the following examples:

      Header pattern to block attachments with bad file name extensions
      Body pattern to stop a specific HTML browser vulnerability exploit.

      You want to replace headers with pcre maps, so I would expect that
      these manpages are among the first that you would read.