Re: empf

  • Ralf Hildebrandt
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2011
      * Bulent Malik <bmalik@...>:

      > There is a tool named empf ( email policy framework ) on qmail. How can I do
      > its functions on postfix?

      http://www.inter7.com/?page=empf

      During an SMTP session, when a sender identifies themselves, either
      via SMTP_AUTH, or via the message envelope, as well as a recipient,
      eMPF loads applicable message policies to determine if the sender is
      allowed to message the sender, and if the recipient is allowed to
      receive mail from the sender.

      --> You need a custom policy server for that

      However, if SMTP authentication is required by local users, eMPF can
      prevent remote users from masquerading as local users to bypass policies

      --> You can use smtpd_sender_login_maps and the restriction
      reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch to prebent users from
      faking sender addresses

      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt
      Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin