Re: postfix/trivial-rewrite: warning: mysql query failed: Illegal mix of collations

  • John Fawcett
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 28, 2011
      On 29/01/11 00:02, Reindl Harald wrote:
      > Am 28.01.2011 23:44, schrieb Victor Duchovni:
      >
      >> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:40:42PM +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
      >>

      >>> what i really not understand in this post is why the OP
      >>> doens not change all his charset/collation to UTF8
      >>> to avoid mixing?
      >>>
      >> The input may not be valid UTF8. Not all octet strings are valid
      >> UTF8. Someone posted a solution using
      >>
      > Yes but this seems not the problem as long the message is "mix of collations"

      no, but it would be a solution, since in mysql changing the character
      set sent in the query to the one used in the database will also change
      the collation used and avoid the mix of collations.

      anyway I take Viktor's point that discussion on UTF8SMTP is off topic.
      Sorry for the noise!
      John
    • John Fawcett
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 28, 2011