Re: Postfix and Postgrey Part II

  • Jeroen Geilman
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 2, 2011
      On 1/1/11 9:36 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
      > Wietse Venema put forth on 1/1/2011 9:50 AM:
      >> Stan Hoeppner:
      >>> jason hirsh put forth on 12/31/2010 3:38 PM:

      >>> Am I the only one that noticed this^? Or, am I the only one that
      >>> (mistakenly?) thinks it may be relevant?
      >> See RFC 2920 (perhaps after refreshing up on RFC 2821).
      >>
      >> Wietse
      > What exactly am I supposed to be looking for Wietse? What I was
      > pointing out is that it appears he returned both 450 and 554 responses
      > during the same smtp transaction with 17.148.16.104. I was of the
      > understanding that you return one or the other, not both. Is that what
      > I'm supposed to be reading about?

      Recipients are processed one at a time.
      Postfix doesn't know if the previous invalid (450) recipient was the
      last one, until postfix receives a DATA command from the client.
      It has no choice but to act the way it did.

      --
      J.
    • Jordi Espasa Clofent
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 3, 2011
        http://blog.minibofh.org/?p=45

        --
        I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
        And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 3, 2011
          On Jan 3, 2011, at 7:03 AM, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:

          > http://blog.minibofh.org/?p=45
          >
          > --

          thank you for you info.. This is pretty much what I did to install
          and from what I have seen.. it doesn't "learn" for me asbit will grey
          list the same domain over and over again