Re: Postfix and Postgrey Part II

  • Ned Slider
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 1, 2011
      On 01/01/11 21:37, jason hirsh wrote:

      > I can not find any info where the config file is suppose to be..

      Create the file /etc/sysconfig/postgrey

      and add desired options like so:

      OPTIONS="--delay=30 --auto-whitelist-clients=1"

      Hope that helps.
    • jason hirsh
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 1, 2011
        On Jan 1, 2011, at 7:36 PM, Ned Slider wrote:

        > On 01/01/11 21:37, jason hirsh wrote:
        >>

        >> I can not find any info where the config file is suppose to be..
        >
        > Create the file /etc/sysconfig/postgrey

        I have no such directory

        i am running freebsd 8.0

        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 1, 2011
          On 1/1/2011 6:42 PM, jason hirsh wrote:

          > On Jan 1, 2011, at 7:36 PM, Ned Slider wrote:
          >
          >> On 01/01/11 21:37, jason hirsh wrote:
          >>>

          >>> I can not find any info where the config file is suppose to
          >>> be..
          >>
          >> Create the file /etc/sysconfig/postgrey
          >>

          > I have no such directory
          >
          > i am running freebsd 8.0

          If you installed from freebsd ports collection, you set the
          parameters in the /etc/rc.conf file.

          # /etc/rc.conf
          postgrey_enable=YES
          postgrey_flags="--inet=10023 ...more options..."

          See the port notes for more info, or the postgrey docs for
          available flags.

          Anyway, this is clearly not a postfix issue, but rather a
          postgrey issue. Send followup questions to a postgrey support
          forum.

          -- Noel Jones
        • Jeroen Geilman
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 2, 2011
            On 1/1/11 9:36 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
            > Wietse Venema put forth on 1/1/2011 9:50 AM:
            >> Stan Hoeppner:
            >>> jason hirsh put forth on 12/31/2010 3:38 PM:

            >>> Am I the only one that noticed this^? Or, am I the only one that
            >>> (mistakenly?) thinks it may be relevant?
            >> See RFC 2920 (perhaps after refreshing up on RFC 2821).
            >>
            >> Wietse
            > What exactly am I supposed to be looking for Wietse? What I was
            > pointing out is that it appears he returned both 450 and 554 responses
            > during the same smtp transaction with 17.148.16.104. I was of the
            > understanding that you return one or the other, not both. Is that what
            > I'm supposed to be reading about?

            Recipients are processed one at a time.
            Postfix doesn't know if the previous invalid (450) recipient was the
            last one, until postfix receives a DATA command from the client.
            It has no choice but to act the way it did.

            --
            J.
          • Jordi Espasa Clofent
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 3, 2011
              http://blog.minibofh.org/?p=45

              --
              I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
              And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 3, 2011
                On Jan 3, 2011, at 7:03 AM, Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:

                > http://blog.minibofh.org/?p=45
                >
                > --

                thank you for you info.. This is pretty much what I did to install
                and from what I have seen.. it doesn't "learn" for me asbit will grey
                list the same domain over and over again