Re: postqueue command error???

  • Bjørn Ruberg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
      Den 01. jan. 2011 22:14, skrev Jack Raats:
      > Reposting, because it looks like it didn't reached the mailinglist.

      It did.

      > Hi eryone,
      >
      > Happy new year!
      >
      > What's wrong with postqueue -f?
      >
      > Jan 1 06:18:00 orac postfix/postqueue[71142]: fatal: usage: postqueue -f |
      > postqueue -i queueid | postqueue -p | postqueue -s site

      When does this occur? You've shown a log extract, proving that someone
      or something has used postqueue in a wrong way. If you are the one who
      uses postqueue in a wrong way, tell us exactly how you're using it,
      don't just show some lines from a log.

      --
      Bjørn
    • Jack Raats
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
        Hi,

        > Den 01. jan. 2011 22:14, skrev Jack Raats:
        >> Reposting, because it looks like it didn't reached the mailinglist.
        >
        > It did.

        I'm sorry. Excuse me!

        >> What's wrong with postqueue -f?
        >>
        >> Jan 1 06:18:00 orac postfix/postqueue[71142]: fatal: usage: postqueue -f
        >> |
        >> postqueue -i queueid | postqueue -p | postqueue -s site
        >
        > When does this occur? You've shown a log extract, proving that someone or
        > something has used postqueue in a wrong way. If you are the one who uses
        > postqueue in a wrong way, tell us exactly how you're using it, don't just
        > show some lines from a log.

        I was the one which gave postqueue -f (as root on FreeBSD 7.4-PRERELEASE)
        Normally It tries to flush the queue, trying to deliver the mail in the
        queue.

        At this moment nothing happend. I got the fatal usage logging in my logfile.

        So again. Is this a bug or is there something wrong with my configs???

        Thanks for your time

        Jack
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
          Jack Raats:
          > I was the one which gave postqueue -f (as root on FreeBSD 7.4-PRERELEASE)
          > Normally It tries to flush the queue, trying to deliver the mail in the
          > queue.
          >
          > At this moment nothing happend. I got the fatal usage logging in my logfile.
          >
          > So again. Is this a bug or is there something wrong with my configs???

          How would we know, without any details about how you actually USE
          the command. Are you using it in some script? Perhaps you have
          corrupted the script file with MS-DOS style carriage-return
          characters.

          Wietse
        • Christian Roessner
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
            Hi,

            > What's wrong with postqueue -f?
            >

            > config_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix

            What, if you specify

            postqueue -c /usr/local/etc/postfix -f

            Christian