postqueue command error???

  • Jack Raats
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
      Reposting, because it looks like it didn't reached the mailinglist.

      Hi eryone,

      Happy new year!

      What's wrong with postqueue -f?

      Jan  1 06:18:00 orac postfix/postqueue[71142]: fatal: usage: postqueue -f |
      postqueue -i queueid | postqueue -p | postqueue -s site

      Output postconf -n:

      orac# postconf -n
      address_verify_map = btree:/var/db/postfix/verifymap
      address_verify_negative_cache = yes
      address_verify_negative_expire_time = 3d
      address_verify_negative_refresh_time = 2h
      address_verify_poll_count = 3
      address_verify_poll_delay = 3s
      address_verify_positive_expire_time = 31d
      address_verify_positive_refresh_time = 7d
      address_verify_sender = $double_bounce_sender
      alias_database = $alias_maps
      alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
      body_checks = pcre:/postfix/tables/body_checks
      bounce_size_limit = 1
      command_directory = /usr/local/sbin
      config_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
      content_filter = scan:127.0.0.1:10025
      daemon_directory = /usr/local/libexec/postfix
      data_directory = /var/db/postfix
      debug_peer_level = 2
      disable_vrfy_command = yes
      header_checks = pcre:/postfix/tables/header_checks
      html_directory = /usr/local/share/doc/postfix
      inet_interfaces = 10.10.10.10
      local_recipient_maps = proxy:unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps
      mail_owner = postfix
      mailbox_command = /usr/local/bin/procmail -a $EXTENSION
      mailbox_size_limit = 0
      mailq_path = /usr/local/bin/mailq
      manpage_directory = /usr/local/man
      maximal_backoff_time = 400s
      maximal_queue_lifetime = 7d
      message_size_limit = 40960000
      minimal_backoff_time = 100s
      multi_recipient_bounce_reject_code = 550
      mydestination = jarasoft.net
      mydomain = jarasoft.net
      myhostname = raats.xs4all.nl
      mynetworks = 127.0.0.1, 10.10.10.10
      myorigin = jarasoft.net
      newaliases_path = /usr/local/bin/newaliases
      notify_classes = resource, software
      owner_request_special = no
      parent_domain_matches_subdomains = smtpd_access_maps
      queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
      queue_run_delay = 100s
      readme_directory = /usr/local/share/doc/postfix
      receive_override_options = no_address_mappings
      recipient_delimiter = +
      relay_domains = $mydestination,
      hash:/postfix/tables/transport
      sample_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix
      sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
      setgid_group = maildrop
      smtp_generic_maps = hash:/postfix/tables/generic
      smtp_tls_CAfile = /postfix/ssl/ca-root.crt
      smtp_tls_cert_file = /postfix/ssl/server.pem
      smtp_tls_key_file = /postfix/ssl/key.pem
      smtp_tls_loglevel = 2
      smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:/var/db/postfix/smtp_cache
      smtp_use_tls = yes
      smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name ; The JaRaSoft.net mailserver
      smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining,
      reject_multi_recipient_bounce,  permit
      smtpd_error_sleep_time = 2s
      smtpd_hard_error_limit = 20
      smtpd_helo_required = yes
      smtpd_helo_restrictions =
      smtpd_junk_command_limit = 50
      smtpd_recipient_overshoot_limit = 500
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
      reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unknown_sender_domain,
      reject_unknown_recipient_domain,     permit_mynetworks,
      permit_sasl_authenticated,      reject_unauth_destination,
      check_helo_access       hash:/postfix/tables/helo_checks,
      check_sender_mx_access        cidr:/postfix/tables/bogus_mx,
      check_helo_access       pcre:/postfix/tables/tld_acl,   check_client_access
      pcre:/postfix/tables/tld_acl, check_sender_access
      pcre:/postfix/tables/tld_acl,   check_recipient_access
      hash:/postfix/tables/spamtrap,  check_recipient_access
      hash:/postfix/tables/uce_strong,      check_recipient_access
      hash:/postfix/tables/uce_strong1,       check_recipient_access
      hash:/postfix/tables/uce_strong2,       check_policy_service
      inet:127.0.0.1:10023,   permit
      smtpd_restriction_classes = ucestrong, rhsblchecks, rblchecks, greylist
      smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
      smtpd_sasl_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-client
      smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
      smtpd_soft_error_limit = 10
      smtpd_tls_CAfile = /postfix/ssl/ca-root.crt
      smtpd_tls_ask_ccert = yes
      smtpd_tls_cert_file = /postfix/ssl/server.pem
      smtpd_tls_key_file = /postfix/ssl/key.pem
      smtpd_tls_loglevel = 2
      smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
      smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:/var/db/postfix/smtpd_cache
      smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
      smtpd_use_tls = yes
      strict_rfc821_envelopes = yes
      tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
      transport_maps = hash:/postfix/tables/transport
      unknown_address_reject_code = 550
      unknown_client_reject_code = 550
      unknown_hostname_reject_code = 550
      unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
      unknown_relay_recipient_reject_code = 550
      unknown_virtual_alias_reject_code = 550
      unknown_virtual_mailbox_reject_code = 550
      unverified_sender_reject_code = 550
      virtual_alias_domains = hash:/postfix/tables/virtual_alias_domains
      virtual_alias_maps = hash:/postfix/tables/virtual_alias_maps
      orac#

      Thanks for your time!

      Jack Raats
    • Bjørn Ruberg
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
        Den 01. jan. 2011 22:14, skrev Jack Raats:
        > Reposting, because it looks like it didn't reached the mailinglist.

        It did.

        > Hi eryone,
        >
        > Happy new year!
        >
        > What's wrong with postqueue -f?
        >
        > Jan 1 06:18:00 orac postfix/postqueue[71142]: fatal: usage: postqueue -f |
        > postqueue -i queueid | postqueue -p | postqueue -s site

        When does this occur? You've shown a log extract, proving that someone
        or something has used postqueue in a wrong way. If you are the one who
        uses postqueue in a wrong way, tell us exactly how you're using it,
        don't just show some lines from a log.

        --
        Bjørn
      • Jack Raats
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
          Hi,

          > Den 01. jan. 2011 22:14, skrev Jack Raats:
          >> Reposting, because it looks like it didn't reached the mailinglist.
          >
          > It did.

          I'm sorry. Excuse me!

          >> What's wrong with postqueue -f?
          >>
          >> Jan 1 06:18:00 orac postfix/postqueue[71142]: fatal: usage: postqueue -f
          >> |
          >> postqueue -i queueid | postqueue -p | postqueue -s site
          >
          > When does this occur? You've shown a log extract, proving that someone or
          > something has used postqueue in a wrong way. If you are the one who uses
          > postqueue in a wrong way, tell us exactly how you're using it, don't just
          > show some lines from a log.

          I was the one which gave postqueue -f (as root on FreeBSD 7.4-PRERELEASE)
          Normally It tries to flush the queue, trying to deliver the mail in the
          queue.

          At this moment nothing happend. I got the fatal usage logging in my logfile.

          So again. Is this a bug or is there something wrong with my configs???

          Thanks for your time

          Jack
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
            Jack Raats:
            > I was the one which gave postqueue -f (as root on FreeBSD 7.4-PRERELEASE)
            > Normally It tries to flush the queue, trying to deliver the mail in the
            > queue.
            >
            > At this moment nothing happend. I got the fatal usage logging in my logfile.
            >
            > So again. Is this a bug or is there something wrong with my configs???

            How would we know, without any details about how you actually USE
            the command. Are you using it in some script? Perhaps you have
            corrupted the script file with MS-DOS style carriage-return
            characters.

            Wietse
          • Christian Roessner
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2011
              Hi,

              > What's wrong with postqueue -f?
              >

              > config_directory = /usr/local/etc/postfix

              What, if you specify

              postqueue -c /usr/local/etc/postfix -f

              Christian