Doubts about some Postfix Configuration Parameters

  • Eduardo Júnior
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 7, 2010
      Hi everyone,

      I'm with some doubts about some postfix configuration parameters,
      even after reading [1], not clear to me.

      They are:

      fast_flush_domains
      delay_warning_time

      [1] - http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

      thanks,

      --
      Eduardo Júnior
      GNU/Linux user #423272

      :wq
    • Ralf Hildebrandt
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 7, 2010
        * Eduardo Júnior <ihtraum18@...>:

        > fast_flush_domains
        > delay_warning_time

        What exactly?

        --
        Ralf Hildebrandt
        Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 7, 2010
          2010/12/7 Eduardo Júnior <ihtraum18@...>:
          > Hi everyone,
          >

          > I'm with some doubts about some postfix configuration parameters,
          > even after reading [1], not clear to me.
          >

          > They are:
          >
          > fast_flush_domains
          > delay_warning_time

          Perhaps the best way would be if you tell us what (and how) you
          understand these, before everyone here reads the postconf-parts to you
          again...

          Arnim
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2010
            On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 09:51:17AM -0300, Eduardo J?nior wrote:

            > I'm with some doubts about some postfix configuration parameters,
            > even after reading [1], not clear to me.
            >
            > They are:
            >
            > fast_flush_domains
            > delay_warning_time

            You need "fast_flush_domains" if want to support ETRN, and or as
            administrator you want to be able to run "postqueue -s adomain" for
            specified (typically relay) domains. In most cases (i.e. otherwise)
            it is best to set "fast_flush_domains =" (empty).

            You need "delay_warning_time = 2h" (or similar) if you want to generate
            a notice to the sender when a message is delayed in your queue for (in
            this example) 2 hours or more. At most one notice will be sent per message
            before the message is either delivered or is bounced. In the latter case
            a bounce notice is typically sent.

            Enabling "delay_warning_time" has no effect on mail already in the queue,
            the behaviour for each message depends on the value of the parameter at
            the time the message entered queue.