Re: in english, sorry for german mail

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2010
      Le 06/12/2010 01:51, Marius Melzer a écrit :
      > Sorry, did not notice at first, that this is the english mailing list.
      >
      > I have a problem with configuring postfix so that it does virtual
      > mapping and then delivers via dovecot.
      > I have described it in a forum post on server fault:
      > http://serverfault.com/questions/207342/postfix-virtual-mailbox-mapping-and-dovecot

      next time, please do not force us to switch to a browser...

      No postfix won't pass the mailbox to deliver. you need to configure
      deliver to do that. for example (in dovecot.conf):
      mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/vhosts/%u

      from dovecot.conf:
      # There are a few special variables you can use, eg.:
      #
      # %u - username
      # %n - user part in user@domain, same as %u if there's no domain
      # %d - domain part in user@domain, empty if there's no domain
      # %h - home directory

      > The problem is, that the ${user} in master.cf does not result in the
      > virtual-mapping-result but in the first part of the original adress (as
      > in user@...).
      >
      > Is it possible to have both: virtual mapping and "external" delivery?

      all the variables that pipe can set are described in pipe(8) manpage:
      http://www.postfix.org/pipe.8.html