Re: No bounce messages when a milter is enabled

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2010
      Noel Jones:
      > On 12/1/2010 7:52 AM, Jeff Fisher wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I'm writing a milter and I'm having a problem where bounce
      > > messages don't seem to be generated. The milter can change who
      > > the recipient of the e-mail is and if Postfix tries to send to
      > > that e-mail address and it is rejected by the remote server,
      > > there never seems to be a bounce message generated.
      > >
      > > Does anyone know why that might be?
      > >
      > > If I disable the milter and try to send to that same e-mail
      > > address, I get a bounce.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Jeff
      > >

      > This is already fixed in recent snapshots and will be included
      > in postfix 2.8 when it's released.

      It is a simple compatibility fix that should be included with the
      stable 2.4..2.7 releases. Stable releases happen with several months
      between so that will take us to the time of the Postfix 2.8 release.

      It would be nice if someone can confirm that the Postfix 2.8 change
      actually fixes the problem as expected. I can only do limited tests,
      with a hand-crafted milter driver.