Re: Some question about RFC2920 Frontbridge problem

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
      On 12/1/2010 3:08 AM, lst_hoe02@... wrote:
      > Hello
      >
      > the workaround listed at
      > http://www.postfix.org/workarounds.html does include the
      > following:
      >
      > Disable SMTP command pipelining for all mail. This
      > sledgehammer solution will reduce performance for all outbound
      > mail, by causing extra network round-trip times.
      >
      > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      > smtp_discard_ehlo_keywords = silent-discard pipelining
      >
      > It should also be possible to only do "-o
      > smtp_discard_ehlo_keywords=pipelining" in master.cf for the
      > entry used for SAV, no?

      Yes, I've been using something similar to this for a while, so
      it should work.

      Address verification normally uses the default smtp transport.
      You would clone the smtp transport with added options, and set
      address_verify_default_transport to use the new transport.

      Something like:
      # master.cf
      smtp_sav unix - - n - - smtp
      -o smtp_discard_ehlo_keywords=$no_pipelining

      # main.cf
      address_verify_default_transport = smtp_sav
      no_pipelining = silent-discard pipelining

      -- Noel Jones
    • Michael J Wise
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
        On Dec 1, 2010, at 1:08 AM, lst_hoe02@... wrote:

        > BTW: The problem also apply for mail to microsoft.com, not only for frontbridge customer.

        Check the IP addresses... :)
        mail.messaging.microsoft.com == mail.global.frontbridge.com, plus a number of others.

        Aloha,
        Michael.
        --
        "Please have your Internet License http://kapu.net/~mjwise/