Re: Redirect mail from particular sender

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
      On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 12:36:30PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

      > lst_hoe02@...:
      > > Hello
      > >
      > > is it possible to redirect (rewrite recipient) incoming mail based on
      > > the sender envelope address??
      >
      > Built-in: the REDIRECT access map feature, but this causes Postfix
      > to ignore all existing message recipients.

      Also built-in: sender_bcc_maps, which does not replace the recipient,
      but can add a recipient.

      > Heavy-weight: an external content filter (before- or after-queue)
      > could manipulate the message envelope.

      I have some experience with post-queue filters that manipulate the
      envelope. This works well, when the content filter is already in
      place for other reasons, and can be easily customized to add extra
      features.

    • lst_hoe02@kwsoft.de
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
        Zitat von Wietse Venema <wietse@...>:

        > lst_hoe02@...:
        >> Hello
        >>
        >> is it possible to redirect (rewrite recipient) incoming mail based on
        >> the sender envelope address??
        >
        > Built-in: the REDIRECT access map feature, but this causes Postfix
        > to ignore all existing message recipients.

        I was nearly sure postfix provide something perfectly fitting for us.
        Despite the fact i use access maps for ages i have overlooked the
        "REDIRECT" feature totaly :-(

        > Built-in: the Milter protocol has "add recipient" and "delete
        > recipient" primitives. There currently is no policy daemon support
        > to manipulate the message envelope.
        >
        > Heavy-weight: an external content filter (before- or after-queue)
        > could manipulate the message envelope.
        >
        > Grotesque: use sender_dependent_transport_maps to select on sender,
        > and use smtp_generic_maps to replace the recipient. It does not
        > scale well when you have to do this a lot.

        Umm, no. That one i have found first in the documentation, but i was
        sure there is something much cleaner.

        Many Thanks as always

        Andreas