Re: Redirect mail from particular sender

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
      lst_hoe02@...:
      > Hello
      >
      > is it possible to redirect (rewrite recipient) incoming mail based on
      > the sender envelope address??

      Built-in: the REDIRECT access map feature, but this causes Postfix
      to ignore all existing message recipients.

      Built-in: the Milter protocol has "add recipient" and "delete
      recipient" primitives. There currently is no policy daemon support
      to manipulate the message envelope.

      Heavy-weight: an external content filter (before- or after-queue)
      could manipulate the message envelope.

      Grotesque: use sender_dependent_transport_maps to select on sender,
      and use smtp_generic_maps to replace the recipient. It does not
      scale well when you have to do this a lot.

      Wietse

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
        On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 12:36:30PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

        > lst_hoe02@...:
        > > Hello
        > >
        > > is it possible to redirect (rewrite recipient) incoming mail based on
        > > the sender envelope address??
        >
        > Built-in: the REDIRECT access map feature, but this causes Postfix
        > to ignore all existing message recipients.

        Also built-in: sender_bcc_maps, which does not replace the recipient,
        but can add a recipient.

        > Heavy-weight: an external content filter (before- or after-queue)
        > could manipulate the message envelope.

        I have some experience with post-queue filters that manipulate the
        envelope. This works well, when the content filter is already in
        place for other reasons, and can be easily customized to add extra
        features.

      • lst_hoe02@kwsoft.de
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
          Zitat von Wietse Venema <wietse@...>:

          > lst_hoe02@...:
          >> Hello
          >>
          >> is it possible to redirect (rewrite recipient) incoming mail based on
          >> the sender envelope address??
          >
          > Built-in: the REDIRECT access map feature, but this causes Postfix
          > to ignore all existing message recipients.

          I was nearly sure postfix provide something perfectly fitting for us.
          Despite the fact i use access maps for ages i have overlooked the
          "REDIRECT" feature totaly :-(

          > Built-in: the Milter protocol has "add recipient" and "delete
          > recipient" primitives. There currently is no policy daemon support
          > to manipulate the message envelope.
          >
          > Heavy-weight: an external content filter (before- or after-queue)
          > could manipulate the message envelope.
          >
          > Grotesque: use sender_dependent_transport_maps to select on sender,
          > and use smtp_generic_maps to replace the recipient. It does not
          > scale well when you have to do this a lot.

          Umm, no. That one i have found first in the documentation, but i was
          sure there is something much cleaner.

          Many Thanks as always

          Andreas