Redirect mail from particular sender

  • lst_hoe02@kwsoft.de
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
      Hello

      is it possible to redirect (rewrite recipient) incoming mail based on
      the sender envelope address??

      Many Thanks

      Andreas
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
        lst_hoe02@...:
        > Hello
        >
        > is it possible to redirect (rewrite recipient) incoming mail based on
        > the sender envelope address??

        Built-in: the REDIRECT access map feature, but this causes Postfix
        to ignore all existing message recipients.

        Built-in: the Milter protocol has "add recipient" and "delete
        recipient" primitives. There currently is no policy daemon support
        to manipulate the message envelope.

        Heavy-weight: an external content filter (before- or after-queue)
        could manipulate the message envelope.

        Grotesque: use sender_dependent_transport_maps to select on sender,
        and use smtp_generic_maps to replace the recipient. It does not
        scale well when you have to do this a lot.

        Wietse

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
          On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 12:36:30PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

          > lst_hoe02@...:
          > > Hello
          > >
          > > is it possible to redirect (rewrite recipient) incoming mail based on
          > > the sender envelope address??
          >
          > Built-in: the REDIRECT access map feature, but this causes Postfix
          > to ignore all existing message recipients.

          Also built-in: sender_bcc_maps, which does not replace the recipient,
          but can add a recipient.

          > Heavy-weight: an external content filter (before- or after-queue)
          > could manipulate the message envelope.

          I have some experience with post-queue filters that manipulate the
          envelope. This works well, when the content filter is already in
          place for other reasons, and can be easily customized to add extra
          features.

        • lst_hoe02@kwsoft.de
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 2010
            Zitat von Wietse Venema <wietse@...>:

            > lst_hoe02@...:
            >> Hello
            >>
            >> is it possible to redirect (rewrite recipient) incoming mail based on
            >> the sender envelope address??
            >
            > Built-in: the REDIRECT access map feature, but this causes Postfix
            > to ignore all existing message recipients.

            I was nearly sure postfix provide something perfectly fitting for us.
            Despite the fact i use access maps for ages i have overlooked the
            "REDIRECT" feature totaly :-(

            > Built-in: the Milter protocol has "add recipient" and "delete
            > recipient" primitives. There currently is no policy daemon support
            > to manipulate the message envelope.
            >
            > Heavy-weight: an external content filter (before- or after-queue)
            > could manipulate the message envelope.
            >
            > Grotesque: use sender_dependent_transport_maps to select on sender,
            > and use smtp_generic_maps to replace the recipient. It does not
            > scale well when you have to do this a lot.

            Umm, no. That one i have found first in the documentation, but i was
            sure there is something much cleaner.

            Many Thanks as always

            Andreas