Re: Postfix as an SMTP proxy?

  • Stan Hoeppner
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
      Victor Duchovni put forth on 11/1/2010 12:27 PM:

      > - Deploy something similar to the Symantec 8600 (aka Turntide)
      > SMTP traffic shaping appliance, that can rate limit outgoing
      > spam without rerouting the SMTP connection (limitation:
      > it can't see through STARTTLS).

      Is this what you refer to Victor?

      http://www.symantec.com/business/brightmail-traffic-shaper

      --
      Stan
    • Rich
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
        Nick I have a simple and elegant solution that has been working for
        years. I am using postfix, spamassassin with spampd proxy server and
        god-forbid, a purchase piece of software for antivirus from Command
        Central called Vexira. It is a simple setup and has worked for us.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2010
          On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 01:43:05PM -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

          > Victor Duchovni put forth on 11/1/2010 12:27 PM:
          >
          > > - Deploy something similar to the Symantec 8600 (aka Turntide)
          > > SMTP traffic shaping appliance, that can rate limit outgoing
          > > spam without rerouting the SMTP connection (limitation:
          > > it can't see through STARTTLS).
          >
          > Is this what you refer to Victor?
          >
          > http://www.symantec.com/business/brightmail-traffic-shaper

          Yes.