Re: default_destination_recipient_limit not working after changing the mailbox_transport to local_transport

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
      On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 02:13:53PM -0300, guido@... wrote:

      > Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
      > singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one copy
      > of every recipient.

      This is only possible if you use LMTP delivery directly, without a trip
      through local(8), and move all alias processing from aliases(5) to
      virtual(5).

      The local(8) delivery agent always delivers one recipient at a time,
      even when the recipient concurrency is incorrectly set > 1, it just loops
      through the recipient list, doing one-at-a-time delivery.

    • Reinaldo de Carvalho
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
        On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, <guido@...> wrote:
        > Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
        > singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one copy
        > of every recipient.
        >
        > To make this work, I had to change the:
        >
        > mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
        > local_transport =

        > mailbox_transport =
        > local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp

        As Victor explain, local LDA don't send multirecipients on a message,
        and you must remove mailbox_transport and local_transport values and
        use transport_maps:

        # main.cf

        # /etc/postfix/transport
        exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket

        --
        Reinaldo de Carvalho
        http://korreio.sf.net

        "While not fully understand a software, don't try to adapt this
        software to the way you work, but rather yourself to the way the
        software works" (myself)
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
          On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 03:30:57PM -0300, Reinaldo de Carvalho wrote:

          > > To make this work, I had to change the:
          > >
          > > mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
          > > local_transport =

          > > mailbox_transport =
          > > local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
          > >

          > As Victor explain, local LDA don't send multirecipients on a message,
          > and you must remove mailbox_transport and local_transport values and
          > use transport_maps:
          >
          > # main.cf
          >
          > # /etc/postfix/transport
          > exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket

          No, setting "local_transport" is equivant to using transport_maps, but
          is more drastic, since it disables local delivery for all domains in
          $mydestination. Typically one wants to leave some ability to process
          local aliases in suitably designated domains.

        • guido@lorenzutti.com.ar
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
            > On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, <guido@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
            >> singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one
            >> copy
            >> of every recipient.
            >>
            >> To make this work, I had to change the:
            >>
            >> mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
            >> local_transport =

            >> mailbox_transport =
            >> local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
            >>
            >> When I made this change, now it seems that the:
            >>
            >> default_destination_recipient_limit = 60
            >>
            >> isn't working...
            >
            > What the problem? Do you want enforce 60? Do you want a regular file
            > foreach 60 recipients? why?
            >

            >> Now I can add 600 recipients in one mail, with no problem. Before the
            >> change, the 60 limit was working.
            >>
            >> Why? Any ideas how to fix this?
            >>

            > What the local_destination_concurrency_limit and
            > local_destination_recipient_limit values?
            >
            > With local_destination_concurrency_limit > 1, you can't enforce one
            > regular file. Cyrus will be create 1 regular file peer message, if you
            > have concurrency connections, the recipients will be splited in some
            > messages.
            >
            > --
            > Reinaldo de Carvalho
            > http://korreio.sf.net
            > http://python-cyrus.sf.net
            >
            > "While not fully understand a software, don't try to adapt this
            > software to the way you work, but rather yourself to the way the
            > software works" (myself)

            postconf |grep _recipient_limit
            default_destination_recipient_limit = 30
            default_extra_recipient_limit = 1000
            default_recipient_limit = 20000
            lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
            local_destination_recipient_limit = 30
            qmgr_message_recipient_limit = 20000
            relay_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
            smtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
            smtpd_recipient_limit = 1000
            virtual_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit

            Im still able to send an email to 300 users... I don't understand why.

            Tnxs in advance.
          • guido@lorenzutti.com.ar
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
              > On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 02:13:53PM -0300, guido@... wrote:
              >
              >> Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
              >> singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one
              >> copy
              >> of every recipient.
              >
              > This is only possible if you use LMTP delivery directly, without a trip
              > through local(8), and move all alias processing from aliases(5) to
              > virtual(5).
              >
              > The local(8) delivery agent always delivers one recipient at a time,
              > even when the recipient concurrency is incorrectly set > 1, it just loops
              > through the recipient list, doing one-at-a-time delivery.
              >
              > --
              > Viktor.

              The singleinstancestore works just fine.
              But when I change the parameters to make it work, the limit of recipients
              per message dosen't work anymore.

              I just change mailbox_tranport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
              to nothing (mailbox_transport = ) and modify the local_transport to
              local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp

              Tnxs.
            • guido@lorenzutti.com.ar
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                > On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, <guido@...> wrote:
                >> Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
                >> singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one
                >> copy
                >> of every recipient.
                >>
                >> To make this work, I had to change the:
                >>
                >> mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
                >> local_transport =

                >> mailbox_transport =
                >> local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
                >>

                > As Victor explain, local LDA don't send multirecipients on a message,
                > and you must remove mailbox_transport and local_transport values and
                > use transport_maps:
                >
                > # main.cf
                >
                > # /etc/postfix/transport
                > exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket

                MMmmm... when I remove the local_transport and add everything to the
                transport_map I get this message:

                Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning: process
                /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 28551 exit status 1
                Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning:
                /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling

                This is my full main.cf

                2bounce_notice_recipient = postmaster
                access_map_reject_code = 554
                address_verify_default_transport = $default_transport
                address_verify_local_transport = $local_transport
                address_verify_map =
                address_verify_negative_cache = yes
                address_verify_negative_expire_time = 3d
                address_verify_negative_refresh_time = 3h
                address_verify_poll_count = 3
                address_verify_poll_delay = 3s
                address_verify_positive_expire_time = 31d
                address_verify_positive_refresh_time = 7d
                address_verify_relay_transport = $relay_transport
                address_verify_relayhost = $relayhost
                address_verify_sender = $double_bounce_sender
                address_verify_sender_dependent_relayhost_maps =
                $sender_dependent_relayhost_maps
                address_verify_service_name = verify
                address_verify_transport_maps = $transport_maps
                address_verify_virtual_transport = $virtual_transport
                alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
                alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
                allow_mail_to_commands = alias, forward
                allow_mail_to_files = alias, forward
                allow_min_user = no
                allow_percent_hack = yes
                allow_untrusted_routing = no
                alternate_config_directories =
                always_bcc =
                anvil_rate_time_unit = 60s
                anvil_status_update_time = 600s
                append_at_myorigin = yes
                append_dot_mydomain = yes
                application_event_drain_time = 100s
                authorized_flush_users = static:anyone
                authorized_mailq_users = static:anyone
                authorized_submit_users = static:anyone
                backwards_bounce_logfile_compatibility = yes
                berkeley_db_create_buffer_size = 16777216
                berkeley_db_read_buffer_size = 131072
                best_mx_transport =
                biff = yes
                body_checks =
                body_checks_size_limit = 51200
                bounce_notice_recipient = postmaster
                bounce_queue_lifetime = 4h
                bounce_service_name = bounce
                bounce_size_limit = 4096
                bounce_template_file =
                broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
                canonical_classes = envelope_sender, envelope_recipient, header_sender,
                header_recipient
                canonical_maps =
                cleanup_service_name = cleanup
                command_directory = /usr/sbin
                command_execution_directory =
                command_expansion_filter =
                1234567890!@%-_=+:,./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
                command_time_limit = 1000s
                config_directory = /etc/postfix
                connection_cache_protocol_timeout = 5s
                connection_cache_service_name = scache
                connection_cache_status_update_time = 600s
                connection_cache_ttl_limit = 2s
                content_filter =
                cyrus_sasl_config_path =
                daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
                daemon_timeout = 18000s
                data_directory = /var/lib/postfix
                debug_peer_level = 2
                debug_peer_list =
                default_database_type = hash
                default_delivery_slot_cost = 5
                default_delivery_slot_discount = 50
                default_delivery_slot_loan = 3
                default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit = 1
                default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback = 1
                default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback = 1
                default_destination_rate_delay = 0s
                default_destination_recipient_limit = 30
                default_extra_recipient_limit = 1000
                default_minimum_delivery_slots = 3
                default_privs = nobody
                default_process_limit = 200
                default_rbl_reply = $rbl_code Service unavailable; $rbl_class [$rbl_what]
                blocked using $rbl_domain${rbl_reason?; $rbl_reason}
                default_recipient_limit = 20000
                default_recipient_refill_delay = 5s
                default_recipient_refill_limit = 100
                default_transport = smtp
                default_verp_delimiters = +=
                defer_code = 450
                defer_service_name = defer
                defer_transports =
                delay_logging_resolution_limit = 2
                delay_notice_recipient = postmaster
                delay_warning_time = 0h
                deliver_lock_attempts = 20
                deliver_lock_delay = 1s
                destination_concurrency_feedback_debug = no
                detect_8bit_encoding_header = yes
                disable_dns_lookups = no
                disable_mime_input_processing = no
                disable_mime_output_conversion = no
                disable_verp_bounces = no
                disable_vrfy_command = no
                dont_remove = 0
                double_bounce_sender = double-bounce
                duplicate_filter_limit = 1000
                empty_address_recipient = MAILER-DAEMON
                empty_address_relayhost_maps_lookup_key = <>
                enable_original_recipient = yes
                error_notice_recipient = postmaster
                error_service_name = error
                execution_directory_expansion_filter =
                1234567890!@%-_=+:,./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
                expand_owner_alias = no
                export_environment = TZ MAIL_CONFIG LANG
                fallback_transport =
                fallback_transport_maps =
                fast_flush_domains = $relay_domains
                fast_flush_purge_time = 7d
                fast_flush_refresh_time = 12h
                fault_injection_code = 0
                flush_service_name = flush
                fork_attempts = 5
                fork_delay = 1s
                forward_expansion_filter =
                1234567890!@%-_=+:,./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
                forward_path = $home/.forward${recipient_delimiter}${extension},
                $home/.forward
                frozen_delivered_to = yes
                hash_queue_depth = 1
                hash_queue_names = deferred, defer
                header_address_token_limit = 10240
                header_checks =
                header_size_limit = 102400
                helpful_warnings = yes
                home_mailbox =
                hopcount_limit = 50
                html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/html
                ignore_mx_lookup_error = no
                import_environment = MAIL_CONFIG MAIL_DEBUG MAIL_LOGTAG TZ XAUTHORITY
                DISPLAY LANG=C
                in_flow_delay = 1s
                inet_interfaces = all
                inet_protocols = ipv4
                initial_destination_concurrency = 5
                internal_mail_filter_classes =
                invalid_hostname_reject_code = 501
                ipc_idle = 5s
                ipc_timeout = 3600s
                ipc_ttl = 1000s
                line_length_limit = 2048
                lmtp_bind_address =
                lmtp_bind_address6 =
                lmtp_body_checks =
                lmtp_cname_overrides_servername = no
                lmtp_connect_timeout = 0s
                lmtp_connection_cache_destinations =
                lmtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yes
                lmtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s
                lmtp_connection_reuse_time_limit = 300s
                lmtp_data_done_timeout = 600s
                lmtp_data_init_timeout = 120s
                lmtp_data_xfer_timeout = 180s
                lmtp_defer_if_no_mx_address_found = no
                lmtp_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                lmtp_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
                lmtp_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                lmtp_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                lmtp_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                lmtp_discard_lhlo_keyword_address_maps =
                lmtp_discard_lhlo_keywords =
                lmtp_enforce_tls = no
                lmtp_generic_maps =
                lmtp_header_checks =
                lmtp_host_lookup = dns
                lmtp_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                lmtp_lhlo_name = $myhostname
                lmtp_lhlo_timeout = 300s
                lmtp_line_length_limit = 990
                lmtp_mail_timeout = 300s
                lmtp_mime_header_checks =
                lmtp_mx_address_limit = 5
                lmtp_mx_session_limit = 2
                lmtp_nested_header_checks =
                lmtp_pix_workaround_delay_time = 10s
                lmtp_pix_workaround_maps =
                lmtp_pix_workaround_threshold_time = 500s
                lmtp_pix_workarounds = disable_esmtp,delay_dotcrlf
                lmtp_quit_timeout = 300s
                lmtp_quote_rfc821_envelope = yes
                lmtp_randomize_addresses = yes
                lmtp_rcpt_timeout = 300s
                lmtp_rset_timeout = 20s
                lmtp_sasl_auth_cache_name =
                lmtp_sasl_auth_cache_time = 90d
                lmtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
                lmtp_sasl_auth_soft_bounce = yes
                lmtp_sasl_mechanism_filter =
                lmtp_sasl_password_maps =
                lmtp_sasl_path =
                lmtp_sasl_security_options = noplaintext, noanonymous
                lmtp_sasl_tls_security_options = $lmtp_sasl_security_options
                lmtp_sasl_tls_verified_security_options = $lmtp_sasl_tls_security_options
                lmtp_sasl_type = cyrus
                lmtp_send_xforward_command = no
                lmtp_sender_dependent_authentication = no
                lmtp_skip_5xx_greeting = yes
                lmtp_starttls_timeout = 300s
                lmtp_tcp_port = 24
                lmtp_tls_CAfile =
                lmtp_tls_CApath =
                lmtp_tls_cert_file =
                lmtp_tls_dcert_file =
                lmtp_tls_dkey_file = $lmtp_tls_dcert_file
                lmtp_tls_enforce_peername = yes
                lmtp_tls_exclude_ciphers =
                lmtp_tls_fingerprint_cert_match =
                lmtp_tls_fingerprint_digest = md5
                lmtp_tls_key_file = $lmtp_tls_cert_file
                lmtp_tls_loglevel = 0
                lmtp_tls_mandatory_ciphers = medium
                lmtp_tls_mandatory_exclude_ciphers =
                lmtp_tls_mandatory_protocols = SSLv3, TLSv1
                lmtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = no
                lmtp_tls_per_site =
                lmtp_tls_policy_maps =
                lmtp_tls_scert_verifydepth = 9
                lmtp_tls_secure_cert_match = nexthop
                lmtp_tls_security_level =
                lmtp_tls_session_cache_database =
                lmtp_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
                lmtp_tls_verify_cert_match = hostname
                lmtp_use_tls = no
                lmtp_xforward_timeout = 300s
                local_command_shell =
                local_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                local_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
                local_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                local_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                local_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                local_destination_recipient_limit = 30
                local_header_rewrite_clients = permit_inet_interfaces
                local_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                local_recipient_maps = proxy:unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps
                local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
                luser_relay =
                mail_name = Postfix
                mail_owner = postfix
                mail_release_date = 20080902
                mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
                mail_version = 2.5.5
                mailbox_command =
                mailbox_command_maps =
                mailbox_delivery_lock = fcntl, dotlock
                mailbox_size_limit = 51200000
                mailbox_transport =
                mailbox_transport_maps =
                mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
                manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
                maps_rbl_domains =
                maps_rbl_reject_code = 554
                masquerade_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender, header_recipient
                masquerade_domains =
                masquerade_exceptions =
                max_idle = 100s
                max_use = 100
                maximal_backoff_time = 4000s
                maximal_queue_lifetime = 4h
                message_reject_characters =
                message_size_limit = 50240000
                message_strip_characters =
                milter_command_timeout = 30s
                milter_connect_macros = j {daemon_name} v
                milter_connect_timeout = 30s
                milter_content_timeout = 300s
                milter_data_macros = i
                milter_default_action = tempfail
                milter_end_of_data_macros = i
                milter_end_of_header_macros = i
                milter_helo_macros = {tls_version} {cipher} {cipher_bits} {cert_subject}
                {cert_issuer}
                milter_macro_daemon_name = $myhostname
                milter_macro_v = $mail_name $mail_version
                milter_mail_macros = i {auth_type} {auth_authen} {auth_author} {mail_addr}
                milter_protocol = 2
                milter_rcpt_macros = i {rcpt_addr}
                milter_unknown_command_macros =
                mime_boundary_length_limit = 2048
                mime_header_checks = $header_checks
                mime_nesting_limit = 100
                minimal_backoff_time = 300s
                multi_recipient_bounce_reject_code = 550
                mydestination = $myhostname, MYDOMAIN.COM
                mydomain = MYDOMAIN.COM
                myhostname = mail3.MYDOMAIN.COM
                mynetworks = /etc/postfix/mynetworks
                mynetworks_style = subnet
                myorigin = $myhostname
                nested_header_checks = $header_checks
                newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
                non_fqdn_reject_code = 504
                non_smtpd_milters =
                notify_classes = resource, software
                owner_request_special = yes
                parent_domain_matches_subdomains =
                debug_peer_list,fast_flush_domains,mynetworks,permit_mx_backup_networks,qmqpd_authorized_clients,smtpd_access_maps
                permit_mx_backup_networks =
                pickup_service_name = pickup
                plaintext_reject_code = 450
                prepend_delivered_header = command, file, forward
                process_id_directory = pid
                propagate_unmatched_extensions = canonical, virtual
                proxy_interfaces =
                proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps
                $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains
                $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains $canonical_maps
                $sender_canonical_maps $recipient_canonical_maps $relocated_maps
                $transport_maps $mynetworks $sender_bcc_maps $recipient_bcc_maps
                $smtp_generic_maps $lmtp_generic_maps
                proxy_write_maps = $smtp_sasl_auth_cache_name $lmtp_sasl_auth_cache_name
                qmgr_clog_warn_time = 300s
                qmgr_fudge_factor = 100
                qmgr_message_active_limit = 20000
                qmgr_message_recipient_limit = 20000
                qmgr_message_recipient_minimum = 10
                qmqpd_authorized_clients =
                qmqpd_client_port_logging = no
                qmqpd_error_delay = 1s
                qmqpd_timeout = 300s
                queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
                queue_file_attribute_count_limit = 100
                queue_minfree = 0
                queue_run_delay = 300s
                queue_service_name = qmgr
                rbl_reply_maps =
                readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix
                receive_override_options =
                recipient_bcc_maps =
                recipient_canonical_classes = envelope_recipient, header_recipient
                recipient_canonical_maps =
                recipient_delimiter = +
                reject_code = 554
                relay_clientcerts =
                relay_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                relay_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
                relay_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                relay_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                relay_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                relay_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                relay_domains = listas.MYDOMAIN.COM
                relay_domains_reject_code = 554
                relay_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                relay_recipient_maps =
                relay_transport = relay
                relayhost =
                relocated_maps =
                remote_header_rewrite_domain =
                require_home_directory = no
                resolve_dequoted_address = yes
                resolve_null_domain = no
                resolve_numeric_domain = no
                rewrite_service_name = rewrite
                sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/examples
                send_cyrus_sasl_authzid = no
                sender_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_bcc
                sender_canonical_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender
                sender_canonical_maps =
                sender_dependent_relayhost_maps =
                sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
                service_throttle_time = 60s
                setgid_group = postdrop
                show_user_unknown_table_name = yes
                showq_service_name = showq
                smtp_always_send_ehlo = yes
                smtp_bind_address =
                smtp_bind_address6 =
                smtp_body_checks =
                smtp_cname_overrides_servername = no
                smtp_connect_timeout = 30s
                smtp_connection_cache_destinations =
                smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yes
                smtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s
                smtp_connection_reuse_time_limit = 300s
                smtp_data_done_timeout = 600s
                smtp_data_init_timeout = 120s
                smtp_data_xfer_timeout = 180s
                smtp_defer_if_no_mx_address_found = no
                smtp_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                smtp_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
                smtp_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                smtp_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                smtp_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                smtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                smtp_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps =
                smtp_discard_ehlo_keywords =
                smtp_enforce_tls = no
                smtp_fallback_relay = $fallback_relay
                smtp_generic_maps =
                smtp_header_checks =
                smtp_helo_name = $myhostname
                smtp_helo_timeout = 300s
                smtp_host_lookup = dns
                smtp_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                smtp_line_length_limit = 990
                smtp_mail_timeout = 300s
                smtp_mime_header_checks =
                smtp_mx_address_limit = 5
                smtp_mx_session_limit = 2
                smtp_nested_header_checks =
                smtp_never_send_ehlo = no
                smtp_pix_workaround_delay_time = 10s
                smtp_pix_workaround_maps =
                smtp_pix_workaround_threshold_time = 500s
                smtp_pix_workarounds = disable_esmtp,delay_dotcrlf
                smtp_quit_timeout = 300s
                smtp_quote_rfc821_envelope = yes
                smtp_randomize_addresses = yes
                smtp_rcpt_timeout = 300s
                smtp_rset_timeout = 20s
                smtp_sasl_auth_cache_name =
                smtp_sasl_auth_cache_time = 90d
                smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
                smtp_sasl_auth_soft_bounce = yes
                smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter =
                smtp_sasl_password_maps =
                smtp_sasl_path =
                smtp_sasl_security_options = noplaintext, noanonymous
                smtp_sasl_tls_security_options = $smtp_sasl_security_options
                smtp_sasl_tls_verified_security_options = $smtp_sasl_tls_security_options
                smtp_sasl_type = cyrus
                smtp_send_xforward_command = no
                smtp_sender_dependent_authentication = no
                smtp_skip_5xx_greeting = yes
                smtp_skip_quit_response = yes
                smtp_starttls_timeout = 300s
                smtp_tls_CAfile =
                smtp_tls_CApath =
                smtp_tls_cert_file =
                smtp_tls_dcert_file =
                smtp_tls_dkey_file = $smtp_tls_dcert_file
                smtp_tls_enforce_peername = yes
                smtp_tls_exclude_ciphers =
                smtp_tls_fingerprint_cert_match =
                smtp_tls_fingerprint_digest = md5
                smtp_tls_key_file = $smtp_tls_cert_file
                smtp_tls_loglevel = 0
                smtp_tls_mandatory_ciphers = medium
                smtp_tls_mandatory_exclude_ciphers =
                smtp_tls_mandatory_protocols = SSLv3, TLSv1
                smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = no
                smtp_tls_per_site =
                smtp_tls_policy_maps =
                smtp_tls_scert_verifydepth = 9
                smtp_tls_secure_cert_match = nexthop, dot-nexthop
                smtp_tls_security_level =
                smtp_tls_session_cache_database =
                smtp_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
                smtp_tls_verify_cert_match = hostname
                smtp_use_tls = no
                smtp_xforward_timeout = 300s
                smtpd_authorized_verp_clients = $authorized_verp_clients
                smtpd_authorized_xclient_hosts =
                smtpd_authorized_xforward_hosts =
                smtpd_banner = $mydomain ESMTP
                smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 50
                smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 0
                smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions =
                ${smtpd_client_connection_limit_exceptions:$mynetworks}
                smtpd_client_message_rate_limit = 0
                smtpd_client_new_tls_session_rate_limit = 0
                smtpd_client_port_logging = no
                smtpd_client_recipient_rate_limit = 0
                smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access
                hash:/etc/postfix/servers, check_recipient_access
                hash:/etc/postfix/whitelist, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject
                smtpd_data_restrictions =
                smtpd_delay_open_until_valid_rcpt = yes
                smtpd_delay_reject = yes
                smtpd_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps =
                smtpd_discard_ehlo_keywords =
                smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions =
                smtpd_enforce_tls = no
                smtpd_error_sleep_time = 1s
                smtpd_etrn_restrictions =
                smtpd_expansion_filter =
                \t\40!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~
                smtpd_forbidden_commands = CONNECT GET POST
                smtpd_hard_error_limit = 20
                smtpd_helo_required = no
                smtpd_helo_restrictions =
                smtpd_history_flush_threshold = 100
                smtpd_junk_command_limit = 100
                smtpd_milters =
                smtpd_noop_commands =
                smtpd_null_access_lookup_key = <>
                smtpd_peername_lookup = yes
                smtpd_policy_service_max_idle = 300s
                smtpd_policy_service_max_ttl = 1000s
                smtpd_policy_service_timeout = 100s
                smtpd_proxy_ehlo = $myhostname
                smtpd_proxy_filter =
                smtpd_proxy_timeout = 100s
                smtpd_recipient_limit = 1000
                smtpd_recipient_overshoot_limit = 1000
                smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
                reject_unknown_recipient_domain, check_recipient_access
                hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_access, permit_mynetworks,
                permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination
                smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient = yes
                smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender = no
                smtpd_restriction_classes =
                smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
                smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
                smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks =
                smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
                smtpd_sasl_path = smtpd
                smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = $smtpd_sasl_security_options
                smtpd_sasl_type = cyrus
                smtpd_sender_login_maps =
                smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access
                hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access
                smtpd_soft_error_limit = 10
                smtpd_starttls_timeout = 300s
                smtpd_timeout = 300s
                smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/verisign-ca.crt
                smtpd_tls_CApath =
                smtpd_tls_always_issue_session_ids = yes
                smtpd_tls_ask_ccert = no
                smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
                smtpd_tls_ccert_verifydepth = 9
                smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/mail.MYDOMAIN.COM.crt
                smtpd_tls_dcert_file =
                smtpd_tls_dh1024_param_file =
                smtpd_tls_dh512_param_file =
                smtpd_tls_dkey_file = $smtpd_tls_dcert_file
                smtpd_tls_exclude_ciphers =
                smtpd_tls_fingerprint_digest = md5
                smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/mail.MYDOMAIN.COM.key
                smtpd_tls_loglevel = 0
                smtpd_tls_mandatory_ciphers = medium
                smtpd_tls_mandatory_exclude_ciphers =
                smtpd_tls_mandatory_protocols = SSLv3, TLSv1
                smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
                smtpd_tls_req_ccert = no
                smtpd_tls_security_level =
                smtpd_tls_session_cache_database =
                smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
                smtpd_tls_wrappermode = no
                smtpd_use_tls = no
                soft_bounce = no
                stale_lock_time = 500s
                stress =
                strict_7bit_headers = no
                strict_8bitmime = no
                strict_8bitmime_body = no
                strict_mailbox_ownership = yes
                strict_mime_encoding_domain = no
                strict_rfc821_envelopes = no
                sun_mailtool_compatibility = no
                swap_bangpath = yes
                syslog_facility = mail
                syslog_name = postfix
                tls_daemon_random_bytes = 32
                tls_export_cipherlist = ALL:+RC4:@STRENGTH
                tls_high_cipherlist = ALL:!EXPORT:!LOW:!MEDIUM:+RC4:@STRENGTH
                tls_low_cipherlist = ALL:!EXPORT:+RC4:@STRENGTH
                tls_medium_cipherlist = ALL:!EXPORT:!LOW:+RC4:@STRENGTH
                tls_null_cipherlist = eNULL:!aNULL
                tls_random_bytes = 32
                tls_random_exchange_name = ${data_directory}/prng_exch
                tls_random_prng_update_period = 3600s
                tls_random_reseed_period = 3600s
                tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
                trace_service_name = trace
                transport_retry_time = 60s
                trigger_timeout = 10s
                undisclosed_recipients_header = To: undisclosed-recipients:;
                unknown_address_reject_code = 450
                unknown_client_reject_code = 450
                unknown_hostname_reject_code = 450
                unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
                unknown_relay_recipient_reject_code = 550
                unknown_virtual_alias_reject_code = 550
                unknown_virtual_mailbox_reject_code = 550
                unverified_recipient_reject_code = 450
                unverified_sender_reject_code = 450
                verp_delimiter_filter = -=+
                virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps
                virtual_alias_expansion_limit = 1000
                virtual_alias_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-virtual-alias-maps
                virtual_alias_recursion_limit = 1000
                virtual_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                virtual_destination_concurrency_limit =
                $default_destination_concurrency_limit
                virtual_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                virtual_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                virtual_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                virtual_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                virtual_gid_maps =
                virtual_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                virtual_mailbox_base =
                virtual_mailbox_domains = $virtual_mailbox_maps
                virtual_mailbox_limit = 51200000
                virtual_mailbox_lock = fcntl, dotlock
                virtual_mailbox_maps =
                virtual_minimum_uid = 100
                virtual_transport = virtual
                virtual_uid_maps =

                And my transport map...

                MYDOMAIN.COM :
                LISTS.MYDOMAIN.COM mailman:
                * smtp:smtp.MYDOMAIN.COM
              • Stan Hoeppner
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                  guido@... put forth on 11/2/2010 10:03 PM:

                  >> # main.cf
                  >> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
                  >>
                  >> # /etc/postfix/transport
                  >> exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket

                  > MMmmm... when I remove the local_transport and add everything to the
                  > transport_map I get this message:
                  >
                  > Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning: process
                  > /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 28551 exit status 1
                  > Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning:
                  > /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling

                  Did you execute:

                  /$ postmap /etc/postfix/transport

                  after making changes to the file? Normally this is required after
                  changing a has table.

                  --
                  Stan
                • Reinaldo de Carvalho
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                    On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 12:03 AM, <guido@...> wrote:

                    >> # main.cf
                    >> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
                    >>
                    >> # /etc/postfix/transport
                    >> exmaple.org      lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket
                    >>

                    > MMmmm... when I remove the local_transport and add everything to the
                    > transport_map I get this message:
                    >
                    > Nov  2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning: process
                    > /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 28551 exit status 1
                    > Nov  2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning:
                    > /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling

                    After solve this problem (you should find it), you must verify if
                    recipient validation still works, because local transport check valid
                    users on local_recipient_maps, and this don't occurs anymore using
                    transport_maps. And also local aliases will not be processed without
                    local transport.

                    As Victor correct me (again) to use transport_maps isn't the better
                    approach, although works for me. I use transport_maps to integrate
                    postfix->lmtp->cyrus and do recipient validation on virtual_alias_maps
                    with LDAP.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                      > guido@... put forth on 11/2/2010 10:03 PM:
                      >
                      >>> # main.cf
                      >>> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
                      >>>
                      >>> # /etc/postfix/transport
                      >>> exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket
                      >

                      >> MMmmm... when I remove the local_transport and add everything to the
                      >> transport_map I get this message:
                      >>
                      >> Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning: process
                      >> /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 28551 exit status 1
                      >> Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning:
                      >> /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling
                      >
                      > Did you execute:
                      >
                      > /$ postmap /etc/postfix/transport
                      >
                      > after making changes to the file? Normally this is required after
                      > changing a has table.
                      >
                      > --
                      > Stan

                      Yes.. I did that.
                      Im going to setup a test server to try everything.

                      tnxs.
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                        On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 08:39:52AM -0300, Reinaldo de Carvalho wrote:

                        > As Victor correct me (again) to use transport_maps isn't the better
                        > approach, although works for me.

                        It is a more flexible approach, just not mandatory, which was the
                        substance of the error in your previous post. Setting "local_transport" is
                        *equivalent* to a transport_maps entry for *every* domain in $mydestination.
                        Using the table, gives one more control, but it is not wrong to instead
                        set "local_transport".