Re: default_destination_recipient_limit not working after changing the mailbox_transport to local_transport

  • Reinaldo de Carvalho
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
      On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, <guido@...> wrote:

      > Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
      > singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one copy
      > of every recipient.
      >
      > To make this work, I had to change the:
      >
      > mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
      > local_transport =

      > mailbox_transport =
      > local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
      >
      > When I made this change, now it seems that the:
      >
      > default_destination_recipient_limit = 60
      >
      > isn't working...

      What the problem? Do you want enforce 60? Do you want a regular file
      foreach 60 recipients? why?

      > Now I can add 600 recipients in one mail, with no problem. Before the
      > change, the 60 limit was working.
      >
      > Why? Any ideas how to fix this?

      What the local_destination_concurrency_limit and
      local_destination_recipient_limit values?

      With local_destination_concurrency_limit > 1, you can't enforce one
      regular file. Cyrus will be create 1 regular file peer message, if you
      have concurrency connections, the recipients will be splited in some
      messages.

      --
      Reinaldo de Carvalho
      http://korreio.sf.net

      "While not fully understand a software, don't try to adapt this
      software to the way you work, but rather yourself to the way the
      software works" (myself)
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
        On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 02:13:53PM -0300, guido@... wrote:

        > Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
        > singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one copy
        > of every recipient.

        This is only possible if you use LMTP delivery directly, without a trip
        through local(8), and move all alias processing from aliases(5) to
        virtual(5).

        The local(8) delivery agent always delivers one recipient at a time,
        even when the recipient concurrency is incorrectly set > 1, it just loops
        through the recipient list, doing one-at-a-time delivery.

      • Reinaldo de Carvalho
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
          On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, <guido@...> wrote:
          > Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
          > singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one copy
          > of every recipient.
          >
          > To make this work, I had to change the:
          >
          > mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
          > local_transport =

          > mailbox_transport =
          > local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp

          As Victor explain, local LDA don't send multirecipients on a message,
          and you must remove mailbox_transport and local_transport values and
          use transport_maps:

          # main.cf

          # /etc/postfix/transport
          exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket

          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
            On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 03:30:57PM -0300, Reinaldo de Carvalho wrote:

            > > To make this work, I had to change the:
            > >
            > > mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
            > > local_transport =

            > > mailbox_transport =
            > > local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
            > >

            > As Victor explain, local LDA don't send multirecipients on a message,
            > and you must remove mailbox_transport and local_transport values and
            > use transport_maps:
            >
            > # main.cf
            >
            > # /etc/postfix/transport
            > exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket

            No, setting "local_transport" is equivant to using transport_maps, but
            is more drastic, since it disables local delivery for all domains in
            $mydestination. Typically one wants to leave some ability to process
            local aliases in suitably designated domains.

          • guido@lorenzutti.com.ar
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
              > On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, <guido@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
              >> singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one
              >> copy
              >> of every recipient.
              >>
              >> To make this work, I had to change the:
              >>
              >> mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
              >> local_transport =

              >> mailbox_transport =
              >> local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
              >>
              >> When I made this change, now it seems that the:
              >>
              >> default_destination_recipient_limit = 60
              >>
              >> isn't working...
              >
              > What the problem? Do you want enforce 60? Do you want a regular file
              > foreach 60 recipients? why?
              >

              >> Now I can add 600 recipients in one mail, with no problem. Before the
              >> change, the 60 limit was working.
              >>
              >> Why? Any ideas how to fix this?
              >>

              > What the local_destination_concurrency_limit and
              > local_destination_recipient_limit values?
              >
              > With local_destination_concurrency_limit > 1, you can't enforce one
              > regular file. Cyrus will be create 1 regular file peer message, if you
              > have concurrency connections, the recipients will be splited in some
              > messages.
              >
              > --
              > Reinaldo de Carvalho
              > http://korreio.sf.net
              > http://python-cyrus.sf.net
              >
              > "While not fully understand a software, don't try to adapt this
              > software to the way you work, but rather yourself to the way the
              > software works" (myself)

              postconf |grep _recipient_limit
              default_destination_recipient_limit = 30
              default_extra_recipient_limit = 1000
              default_recipient_limit = 20000
              lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
              local_destination_recipient_limit = 30
              qmgr_message_recipient_limit = 20000
              relay_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
              smtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
              smtpd_recipient_limit = 1000
              virtual_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit

              Im still able to send an email to 300 users... I don't understand why.

              Tnxs in advance.
            • guido@lorenzutti.com.ar
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                > On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 02:13:53PM -0300, guido@... wrote:
                >
                >> Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
                >> singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one
                >> copy
                >> of every recipient.
                >
                > This is only possible if you use LMTP delivery directly, without a trip
                > through local(8), and move all alias processing from aliases(5) to
                > virtual(5).
                >
                > The local(8) delivery agent always delivers one recipient at a time,
                > even when the recipient concurrency is incorrectly set > 1, it just loops
                > through the recipient list, doing one-at-a-time delivery.
                >
                > --
                > Viktor.

                The singleinstancestore works just fine.
                But when I change the parameters to make it work, the limit of recipients
                per message dosen't work anymore.

                I just change mailbox_tranport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
                to nothing (mailbox_transport = ) and modify the local_transport to
                local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp

                Tnxs.
              • guido@lorenzutti.com.ar
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                  > On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, <guido@...> wrote:
                  >> Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
                  >> singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one
                  >> copy
                  >> of every recipient.
                  >>
                  >> To make this work, I had to change the:
                  >>
                  >> mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
                  >> local_transport =

                  >> mailbox_transport =
                  >> local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
                  >>

                  > As Victor explain, local LDA don't send multirecipients on a message,
                  > and you must remove mailbox_transport and local_transport values and
                  > use transport_maps:
                  >
                  > # main.cf
                  >
                  > # /etc/postfix/transport
                  > exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket

                  MMmmm... when I remove the local_transport and add everything to the
                  transport_map I get this message:

                  Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning: process
                  /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 28551 exit status 1
                  Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning:
                  /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling

                  This is my full main.cf

                  2bounce_notice_recipient = postmaster
                  access_map_reject_code = 554
                  address_verify_default_transport = $default_transport
                  address_verify_local_transport = $local_transport
                  address_verify_map =
                  address_verify_negative_cache = yes
                  address_verify_negative_expire_time = 3d
                  address_verify_negative_refresh_time = 3h
                  address_verify_poll_count = 3
                  address_verify_poll_delay = 3s
                  address_verify_positive_expire_time = 31d
                  address_verify_positive_refresh_time = 7d
                  address_verify_relay_transport = $relay_transport
                  address_verify_relayhost = $relayhost
                  address_verify_sender = $double_bounce_sender
                  address_verify_sender_dependent_relayhost_maps =
                  $sender_dependent_relayhost_maps
                  address_verify_service_name = verify
                  address_verify_transport_maps = $transport_maps
                  address_verify_virtual_transport = $virtual_transport
                  alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
                  alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
                  allow_mail_to_commands = alias, forward
                  allow_mail_to_files = alias, forward
                  allow_min_user = no
                  allow_percent_hack = yes
                  allow_untrusted_routing = no
                  alternate_config_directories =
                  always_bcc =
                  anvil_rate_time_unit = 60s
                  anvil_status_update_time = 600s
                  append_at_myorigin = yes
                  append_dot_mydomain = yes
                  application_event_drain_time = 100s
                  authorized_flush_users = static:anyone
                  authorized_mailq_users = static:anyone
                  authorized_submit_users = static:anyone
                  backwards_bounce_logfile_compatibility = yes
                  berkeley_db_create_buffer_size = 16777216
                  berkeley_db_read_buffer_size = 131072
                  best_mx_transport =
                  biff = yes
                  body_checks =
                  body_checks_size_limit = 51200
                  bounce_notice_recipient = postmaster
                  bounce_queue_lifetime = 4h
                  bounce_service_name = bounce
                  bounce_size_limit = 4096
                  bounce_template_file =
                  broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
                  canonical_classes = envelope_sender, envelope_recipient, header_sender,
                  header_recipient
                  canonical_maps =
                  cleanup_service_name = cleanup
                  command_directory = /usr/sbin
                  command_execution_directory =
                  command_expansion_filter =
                  1234567890!@%-_=+:,./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
                  command_time_limit = 1000s
                  config_directory = /etc/postfix
                  connection_cache_protocol_timeout = 5s
                  connection_cache_service_name = scache
                  connection_cache_status_update_time = 600s
                  connection_cache_ttl_limit = 2s
                  content_filter =
                  cyrus_sasl_config_path =
                  daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
                  daemon_timeout = 18000s
                  data_directory = /var/lib/postfix
                  debug_peer_level = 2
                  debug_peer_list =
                  default_database_type = hash
                  default_delivery_slot_cost = 5
                  default_delivery_slot_discount = 50
                  default_delivery_slot_loan = 3
                  default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit = 1
                  default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback = 1
                  default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback = 1
                  default_destination_rate_delay = 0s
                  default_destination_recipient_limit = 30
                  default_extra_recipient_limit = 1000
                  default_minimum_delivery_slots = 3
                  default_privs = nobody
                  default_process_limit = 200
                  default_rbl_reply = $rbl_code Service unavailable; $rbl_class [$rbl_what]
                  blocked using $rbl_domain${rbl_reason?; $rbl_reason}
                  default_recipient_limit = 20000
                  default_recipient_refill_delay = 5s
                  default_recipient_refill_limit = 100
                  default_transport = smtp
                  default_verp_delimiters = +=
                  defer_code = 450
                  defer_service_name = defer
                  defer_transports =
                  delay_logging_resolution_limit = 2
                  delay_notice_recipient = postmaster
                  delay_warning_time = 0h
                  deliver_lock_attempts = 20
                  deliver_lock_delay = 1s
                  destination_concurrency_feedback_debug = no
                  detect_8bit_encoding_header = yes
                  disable_dns_lookups = no
                  disable_mime_input_processing = no
                  disable_mime_output_conversion = no
                  disable_verp_bounces = no
                  disable_vrfy_command = no
                  dont_remove = 0
                  double_bounce_sender = double-bounce
                  duplicate_filter_limit = 1000
                  empty_address_recipient = MAILER-DAEMON
                  empty_address_relayhost_maps_lookup_key = <>
                  enable_original_recipient = yes
                  error_notice_recipient = postmaster
                  error_service_name = error
                  execution_directory_expansion_filter =
                  1234567890!@%-_=+:,./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
                  expand_owner_alias = no
                  export_environment = TZ MAIL_CONFIG LANG
                  fallback_transport =
                  fallback_transport_maps =
                  fast_flush_domains = $relay_domains
                  fast_flush_purge_time = 7d
                  fast_flush_refresh_time = 12h
                  fault_injection_code = 0
                  flush_service_name = flush
                  fork_attempts = 5
                  fork_delay = 1s
                  forward_expansion_filter =
                  1234567890!@%-_=+:,./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
                  forward_path = $home/.forward${recipient_delimiter}${extension},
                  $home/.forward
                  frozen_delivered_to = yes
                  hash_queue_depth = 1
                  hash_queue_names = deferred, defer
                  header_address_token_limit = 10240
                  header_checks =
                  header_size_limit = 102400
                  helpful_warnings = yes
                  home_mailbox =
                  hopcount_limit = 50
                  html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/html
                  ignore_mx_lookup_error = no
                  import_environment = MAIL_CONFIG MAIL_DEBUG MAIL_LOGTAG TZ XAUTHORITY
                  DISPLAY LANG=C
                  in_flow_delay = 1s
                  inet_interfaces = all
                  inet_protocols = ipv4
                  initial_destination_concurrency = 5
                  internal_mail_filter_classes =
                  invalid_hostname_reject_code = 501
                  ipc_idle = 5s
                  ipc_timeout = 3600s
                  ipc_ttl = 1000s
                  line_length_limit = 2048
                  lmtp_bind_address =
                  lmtp_bind_address6 =
                  lmtp_body_checks =
                  lmtp_cname_overrides_servername = no
                  lmtp_connect_timeout = 0s
                  lmtp_connection_cache_destinations =
                  lmtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yes
                  lmtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s
                  lmtp_connection_reuse_time_limit = 300s
                  lmtp_data_done_timeout = 600s
                  lmtp_data_init_timeout = 120s
                  lmtp_data_xfer_timeout = 180s
                  lmtp_defer_if_no_mx_address_found = no
                  lmtp_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                  lmtp_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
                  lmtp_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                  lmtp_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                  lmtp_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                  lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                  lmtp_discard_lhlo_keyword_address_maps =
                  lmtp_discard_lhlo_keywords =
                  lmtp_enforce_tls = no
                  lmtp_generic_maps =
                  lmtp_header_checks =
                  lmtp_host_lookup = dns
                  lmtp_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                  lmtp_lhlo_name = $myhostname
                  lmtp_lhlo_timeout = 300s
                  lmtp_line_length_limit = 990
                  lmtp_mail_timeout = 300s
                  lmtp_mime_header_checks =
                  lmtp_mx_address_limit = 5
                  lmtp_mx_session_limit = 2
                  lmtp_nested_header_checks =
                  lmtp_pix_workaround_delay_time = 10s
                  lmtp_pix_workaround_maps =
                  lmtp_pix_workaround_threshold_time = 500s
                  lmtp_pix_workarounds = disable_esmtp,delay_dotcrlf
                  lmtp_quit_timeout = 300s
                  lmtp_quote_rfc821_envelope = yes
                  lmtp_randomize_addresses = yes
                  lmtp_rcpt_timeout = 300s
                  lmtp_rset_timeout = 20s
                  lmtp_sasl_auth_cache_name =
                  lmtp_sasl_auth_cache_time = 90d
                  lmtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
                  lmtp_sasl_auth_soft_bounce = yes
                  lmtp_sasl_mechanism_filter =
                  lmtp_sasl_password_maps =
                  lmtp_sasl_path =
                  lmtp_sasl_security_options = noplaintext, noanonymous
                  lmtp_sasl_tls_security_options = $lmtp_sasl_security_options
                  lmtp_sasl_tls_verified_security_options = $lmtp_sasl_tls_security_options
                  lmtp_sasl_type = cyrus
                  lmtp_send_xforward_command = no
                  lmtp_sender_dependent_authentication = no
                  lmtp_skip_5xx_greeting = yes
                  lmtp_starttls_timeout = 300s
                  lmtp_tcp_port = 24
                  lmtp_tls_CAfile =
                  lmtp_tls_CApath =
                  lmtp_tls_cert_file =
                  lmtp_tls_dcert_file =
                  lmtp_tls_dkey_file = $lmtp_tls_dcert_file
                  lmtp_tls_enforce_peername = yes
                  lmtp_tls_exclude_ciphers =
                  lmtp_tls_fingerprint_cert_match =
                  lmtp_tls_fingerprint_digest = md5
                  lmtp_tls_key_file = $lmtp_tls_cert_file
                  lmtp_tls_loglevel = 0
                  lmtp_tls_mandatory_ciphers = medium
                  lmtp_tls_mandatory_exclude_ciphers =
                  lmtp_tls_mandatory_protocols = SSLv3, TLSv1
                  lmtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = no
                  lmtp_tls_per_site =
                  lmtp_tls_policy_maps =
                  lmtp_tls_scert_verifydepth = 9
                  lmtp_tls_secure_cert_match = nexthop
                  lmtp_tls_security_level =
                  lmtp_tls_session_cache_database =
                  lmtp_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
                  lmtp_tls_verify_cert_match = hostname
                  lmtp_use_tls = no
                  lmtp_xforward_timeout = 300s
                  local_command_shell =
                  local_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                  local_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
                  local_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                  local_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                  local_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                  local_destination_recipient_limit = 30
                  local_header_rewrite_clients = permit_inet_interfaces
                  local_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                  local_recipient_maps = proxy:unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps
                  local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
                  luser_relay =
                  mail_name = Postfix
                  mail_owner = postfix
                  mail_release_date = 20080902
                  mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
                  mail_version = 2.5.5
                  mailbox_command =
                  mailbox_command_maps =
                  mailbox_delivery_lock = fcntl, dotlock
                  mailbox_size_limit = 51200000
                  mailbox_transport =
                  mailbox_transport_maps =
                  mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
                  manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
                  maps_rbl_domains =
                  maps_rbl_reject_code = 554
                  masquerade_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender, header_recipient
                  masquerade_domains =
                  masquerade_exceptions =
                  max_idle = 100s
                  max_use = 100
                  maximal_backoff_time = 4000s
                  maximal_queue_lifetime = 4h
                  message_reject_characters =
                  message_size_limit = 50240000
                  message_strip_characters =
                  milter_command_timeout = 30s
                  milter_connect_macros = j {daemon_name} v
                  milter_connect_timeout = 30s
                  milter_content_timeout = 300s
                  milter_data_macros = i
                  milter_default_action = tempfail
                  milter_end_of_data_macros = i
                  milter_end_of_header_macros = i
                  milter_helo_macros = {tls_version} {cipher} {cipher_bits} {cert_subject}
                  {cert_issuer}
                  milter_macro_daemon_name = $myhostname
                  milter_macro_v = $mail_name $mail_version
                  milter_mail_macros = i {auth_type} {auth_authen} {auth_author} {mail_addr}
                  milter_protocol = 2
                  milter_rcpt_macros = i {rcpt_addr}
                  milter_unknown_command_macros =
                  mime_boundary_length_limit = 2048
                  mime_header_checks = $header_checks
                  mime_nesting_limit = 100
                  minimal_backoff_time = 300s
                  multi_recipient_bounce_reject_code = 550
                  mydestination = $myhostname, MYDOMAIN.COM
                  mydomain = MYDOMAIN.COM
                  myhostname = mail3.MYDOMAIN.COM
                  mynetworks = /etc/postfix/mynetworks
                  mynetworks_style = subnet
                  myorigin = $myhostname
                  nested_header_checks = $header_checks
                  newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
                  non_fqdn_reject_code = 504
                  non_smtpd_milters =
                  notify_classes = resource, software
                  owner_request_special = yes
                  parent_domain_matches_subdomains =
                  debug_peer_list,fast_flush_domains,mynetworks,permit_mx_backup_networks,qmqpd_authorized_clients,smtpd_access_maps
                  permit_mx_backup_networks =
                  pickup_service_name = pickup
                  plaintext_reject_code = 450
                  prepend_delivered_header = command, file, forward
                  process_id_directory = pid
                  propagate_unmatched_extensions = canonical, virtual
                  proxy_interfaces =
                  proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps
                  $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains
                  $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains $canonical_maps
                  $sender_canonical_maps $recipient_canonical_maps $relocated_maps
                  $transport_maps $mynetworks $sender_bcc_maps $recipient_bcc_maps
                  $smtp_generic_maps $lmtp_generic_maps
                  proxy_write_maps = $smtp_sasl_auth_cache_name $lmtp_sasl_auth_cache_name
                  qmgr_clog_warn_time = 300s
                  qmgr_fudge_factor = 100
                  qmgr_message_active_limit = 20000
                  qmgr_message_recipient_limit = 20000
                  qmgr_message_recipient_minimum = 10
                  qmqpd_authorized_clients =
                  qmqpd_client_port_logging = no
                  qmqpd_error_delay = 1s
                  qmqpd_timeout = 300s
                  queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
                  queue_file_attribute_count_limit = 100
                  queue_minfree = 0
                  queue_run_delay = 300s
                  queue_service_name = qmgr
                  rbl_reply_maps =
                  readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix
                  receive_override_options =
                  recipient_bcc_maps =
                  recipient_canonical_classes = envelope_recipient, header_recipient
                  recipient_canonical_maps =
                  recipient_delimiter = +
                  reject_code = 554
                  relay_clientcerts =
                  relay_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                  relay_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
                  relay_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                  relay_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                  relay_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                  relay_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                  relay_domains = listas.MYDOMAIN.COM
                  relay_domains_reject_code = 554
                  relay_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                  relay_recipient_maps =
                  relay_transport = relay
                  relayhost =
                  relocated_maps =
                  remote_header_rewrite_domain =
                  require_home_directory = no
                  resolve_dequoted_address = yes
                  resolve_null_domain = no
                  resolve_numeric_domain = no
                  rewrite_service_name = rewrite
                  sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/examples
                  send_cyrus_sasl_authzid = no
                  sender_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_bcc
                  sender_canonical_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender
                  sender_canonical_maps =
                  sender_dependent_relayhost_maps =
                  sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
                  service_throttle_time = 60s
                  setgid_group = postdrop
                  show_user_unknown_table_name = yes
                  showq_service_name = showq
                  smtp_always_send_ehlo = yes
                  smtp_bind_address =
                  smtp_bind_address6 =
                  smtp_body_checks =
                  smtp_cname_overrides_servername = no
                  smtp_connect_timeout = 30s
                  smtp_connection_cache_destinations =
                  smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yes
                  smtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s
                  smtp_connection_reuse_time_limit = 300s
                  smtp_data_done_timeout = 600s
                  smtp_data_init_timeout = 120s
                  smtp_data_xfer_timeout = 180s
                  smtp_defer_if_no_mx_address_found = no
                  smtp_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                  smtp_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
                  smtp_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                  smtp_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                  smtp_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                  smtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                  smtp_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps =
                  smtp_discard_ehlo_keywords =
                  smtp_enforce_tls = no
                  smtp_fallback_relay = $fallback_relay
                  smtp_generic_maps =
                  smtp_header_checks =
                  smtp_helo_name = $myhostname
                  smtp_helo_timeout = 300s
                  smtp_host_lookup = dns
                  smtp_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                  smtp_line_length_limit = 990
                  smtp_mail_timeout = 300s
                  smtp_mime_header_checks =
                  smtp_mx_address_limit = 5
                  smtp_mx_session_limit = 2
                  smtp_nested_header_checks =
                  smtp_never_send_ehlo = no
                  smtp_pix_workaround_delay_time = 10s
                  smtp_pix_workaround_maps =
                  smtp_pix_workaround_threshold_time = 500s
                  smtp_pix_workarounds = disable_esmtp,delay_dotcrlf
                  smtp_quit_timeout = 300s
                  smtp_quote_rfc821_envelope = yes
                  smtp_randomize_addresses = yes
                  smtp_rcpt_timeout = 300s
                  smtp_rset_timeout = 20s
                  smtp_sasl_auth_cache_name =
                  smtp_sasl_auth_cache_time = 90d
                  smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
                  smtp_sasl_auth_soft_bounce = yes
                  smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter =
                  smtp_sasl_password_maps =
                  smtp_sasl_path =
                  smtp_sasl_security_options = noplaintext, noanonymous
                  smtp_sasl_tls_security_options = $smtp_sasl_security_options
                  smtp_sasl_tls_verified_security_options = $smtp_sasl_tls_security_options
                  smtp_sasl_type = cyrus
                  smtp_send_xforward_command = no
                  smtp_sender_dependent_authentication = no
                  smtp_skip_5xx_greeting = yes
                  smtp_skip_quit_response = yes
                  smtp_starttls_timeout = 300s
                  smtp_tls_CAfile =
                  smtp_tls_CApath =
                  smtp_tls_cert_file =
                  smtp_tls_dcert_file =
                  smtp_tls_dkey_file = $smtp_tls_dcert_file
                  smtp_tls_enforce_peername = yes
                  smtp_tls_exclude_ciphers =
                  smtp_tls_fingerprint_cert_match =
                  smtp_tls_fingerprint_digest = md5
                  smtp_tls_key_file = $smtp_tls_cert_file
                  smtp_tls_loglevel = 0
                  smtp_tls_mandatory_ciphers = medium
                  smtp_tls_mandatory_exclude_ciphers =
                  smtp_tls_mandatory_protocols = SSLv3, TLSv1
                  smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = no
                  smtp_tls_per_site =
                  smtp_tls_policy_maps =
                  smtp_tls_scert_verifydepth = 9
                  smtp_tls_secure_cert_match = nexthop, dot-nexthop
                  smtp_tls_security_level =
                  smtp_tls_session_cache_database =
                  smtp_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
                  smtp_tls_verify_cert_match = hostname
                  smtp_use_tls = no
                  smtp_xforward_timeout = 300s
                  smtpd_authorized_verp_clients = $authorized_verp_clients
                  smtpd_authorized_xclient_hosts =
                  smtpd_authorized_xforward_hosts =
                  smtpd_banner = $mydomain ESMTP
                  smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 50
                  smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 0
                  smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions =
                  ${smtpd_client_connection_limit_exceptions:$mynetworks}
                  smtpd_client_message_rate_limit = 0
                  smtpd_client_new_tls_session_rate_limit = 0
                  smtpd_client_port_logging = no
                  smtpd_client_recipient_rate_limit = 0
                  smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access
                  hash:/etc/postfix/servers, check_recipient_access
                  hash:/etc/postfix/whitelist, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject
                  smtpd_data_restrictions =
                  smtpd_delay_open_until_valid_rcpt = yes
                  smtpd_delay_reject = yes
                  smtpd_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps =
                  smtpd_discard_ehlo_keywords =
                  smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions =
                  smtpd_enforce_tls = no
                  smtpd_error_sleep_time = 1s
                  smtpd_etrn_restrictions =
                  smtpd_expansion_filter =
                  \t\40!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~
                  smtpd_forbidden_commands = CONNECT GET POST
                  smtpd_hard_error_limit = 20
                  smtpd_helo_required = no
                  smtpd_helo_restrictions =
                  smtpd_history_flush_threshold = 100
                  smtpd_junk_command_limit = 100
                  smtpd_milters =
                  smtpd_noop_commands =
                  smtpd_null_access_lookup_key = <>
                  smtpd_peername_lookup = yes
                  smtpd_policy_service_max_idle = 300s
                  smtpd_policy_service_max_ttl = 1000s
                  smtpd_policy_service_timeout = 100s
                  smtpd_proxy_ehlo = $myhostname
                  smtpd_proxy_filter =
                  smtpd_proxy_timeout = 100s
                  smtpd_recipient_limit = 1000
                  smtpd_recipient_overshoot_limit = 1000
                  smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
                  reject_unknown_recipient_domain, check_recipient_access
                  hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_access, permit_mynetworks,
                  permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination
                  smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient = yes
                  smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender = no
                  smtpd_restriction_classes =
                  smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
                  smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
                  smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks =
                  smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
                  smtpd_sasl_path = smtpd
                  smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = $smtpd_sasl_security_options
                  smtpd_sasl_type = cyrus
                  smtpd_sender_login_maps =
                  smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access
                  hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access
                  smtpd_soft_error_limit = 10
                  smtpd_starttls_timeout = 300s
                  smtpd_timeout = 300s
                  smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/verisign-ca.crt
                  smtpd_tls_CApath =
                  smtpd_tls_always_issue_session_ids = yes
                  smtpd_tls_ask_ccert = no
                  smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
                  smtpd_tls_ccert_verifydepth = 9
                  smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/mail.MYDOMAIN.COM.crt
                  smtpd_tls_dcert_file =
                  smtpd_tls_dh1024_param_file =
                  smtpd_tls_dh512_param_file =
                  smtpd_tls_dkey_file = $smtpd_tls_dcert_file
                  smtpd_tls_exclude_ciphers =
                  smtpd_tls_fingerprint_digest = md5
                  smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/mail.MYDOMAIN.COM.key
                  smtpd_tls_loglevel = 0
                  smtpd_tls_mandatory_ciphers = medium
                  smtpd_tls_mandatory_exclude_ciphers =
                  smtpd_tls_mandatory_protocols = SSLv3, TLSv1
                  smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
                  smtpd_tls_req_ccert = no
                  smtpd_tls_security_level =
                  smtpd_tls_session_cache_database =
                  smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
                  smtpd_tls_wrappermode = no
                  smtpd_use_tls = no
                  soft_bounce = no
                  stale_lock_time = 500s
                  stress =
                  strict_7bit_headers = no
                  strict_8bitmime = no
                  strict_8bitmime_body = no
                  strict_mailbox_ownership = yes
                  strict_mime_encoding_domain = no
                  strict_rfc821_envelopes = no
                  sun_mailtool_compatibility = no
                  swap_bangpath = yes
                  syslog_facility = mail
                  syslog_name = postfix
                  tls_daemon_random_bytes = 32
                  tls_export_cipherlist = ALL:+RC4:@STRENGTH
                  tls_high_cipherlist = ALL:!EXPORT:!LOW:!MEDIUM:+RC4:@STRENGTH
                  tls_low_cipherlist = ALL:!EXPORT:+RC4:@STRENGTH
                  tls_medium_cipherlist = ALL:!EXPORT:!LOW:+RC4:@STRENGTH
                  tls_null_cipherlist = eNULL:!aNULL
                  tls_random_bytes = 32
                  tls_random_exchange_name = ${data_directory}/prng_exch
                  tls_random_prng_update_period = 3600s
                  tls_random_reseed_period = 3600s
                  tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
                  trace_service_name = trace
                  transport_retry_time = 60s
                  trigger_timeout = 10s
                  undisclosed_recipients_header = To: undisclosed-recipients:;
                  unknown_address_reject_code = 450
                  unknown_client_reject_code = 450
                  unknown_hostname_reject_code = 450
                  unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
                  unknown_relay_recipient_reject_code = 550
                  unknown_virtual_alias_reject_code = 550
                  unknown_virtual_mailbox_reject_code = 550
                  unverified_recipient_reject_code = 450
                  unverified_sender_reject_code = 450
                  verp_delimiter_filter = -=+
                  virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps
                  virtual_alias_expansion_limit = 1000
                  virtual_alias_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-virtual-alias-maps
                  virtual_alias_recursion_limit = 1000
                  virtual_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                  virtual_destination_concurrency_limit =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_limit
                  virtual_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                  virtual_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                  $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                  virtual_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                  virtual_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                  virtual_gid_maps =
                  virtual_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                  virtual_mailbox_base =
                  virtual_mailbox_domains = $virtual_mailbox_maps
                  virtual_mailbox_limit = 51200000
                  virtual_mailbox_lock = fcntl, dotlock
                  virtual_mailbox_maps =
                  virtual_minimum_uid = 100
                  virtual_transport = virtual
                  virtual_uid_maps =

                  And my transport map...

                  MYDOMAIN.COM :
                  LISTS.MYDOMAIN.COM mailman:
                  * smtp:smtp.MYDOMAIN.COM
                • Stan Hoeppner
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                    guido@... put forth on 11/2/2010 10:03 PM:

                    >> # main.cf
                    >> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
                    >>
                    >> # /etc/postfix/transport
                    >> exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket

                    > MMmmm... when I remove the local_transport and add everything to the
                    > transport_map I get this message:
                    >
                    > Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning: process
                    > /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 28551 exit status 1
                    > Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning:
                    > /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling

                    Did you execute:

                    /$ postmap /etc/postfix/transport

                    after making changes to the file? Normally this is required after
                    changing a has table.

                    --
                    Stan
                  • Reinaldo de Carvalho
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                      On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 12:03 AM, <guido@...> wrote:

                      >> # main.cf
                      >> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
                      >>
                      >> # /etc/postfix/transport
                      >> exmaple.org      lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket
                      >>

                      > MMmmm... when I remove the local_transport and add everything to the
                      > transport_map I get this message:
                      >
                      > Nov  2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning: process
                      > /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 28551 exit status 1
                      > Nov  2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning:
                      > /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling

                      After solve this problem (you should find it), you must verify if
                      recipient validation still works, because local transport check valid
                      users on local_recipient_maps, and this don't occurs anymore using
                      transport_maps. And also local aliases will not be processed without
                      local transport.

                      As Victor correct me (again) to use transport_maps isn't the better
                      approach, although works for me. I use transport_maps to integrate
                      postfix->lmtp->cyrus and do recipient validation on virtual_alias_maps
                      with LDAP.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                        > guido@... put forth on 11/2/2010 10:03 PM:
                        >
                        >>> # main.cf
                        >>> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
                        >>>
                        >>> # /etc/postfix/transport
                        >>> exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket
                        >

                        >> MMmmm... when I remove the local_transport and add everything to the
                        >> transport_map I get this message:
                        >>
                        >> Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning: process
                        >> /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 28551 exit status 1
                        >> Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning:
                        >> /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling
                        >
                        > Did you execute:
                        >
                        > /$ postmap /etc/postfix/transport
                        >
                        > after making changes to the file? Normally this is required after
                        > changing a has table.
                        >
                        > --
                        > Stan

                        Yes.. I did that.
                        Im going to setup a test server to try everything.

                        tnxs.
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                          On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 08:39:52AM -0300, Reinaldo de Carvalho wrote:

                          > As Victor correct me (again) to use transport_maps isn't the better
                          > approach, although works for me.

                          It is a more flexible approach, just not mandatory, which was the
                          substance of the error in your previous post. Setting "local_transport" is
                          *equivalent* to a transport_maps entry for *every* domain in $mydestination.
                          Using the table, gives one more control, but it is not wrong to instead
                          set "local_transport".