Re: default_destination_recipient_limit not working after changing the mailbox_transport to local_transport

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
      guido@...:
      > local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
      > default_destination_recipient_limit = 60
      >
      > isn't working...

      As documented, the local_destination_recipient_limit setting has
      precedence over the default_destination_recipient_limit setting.

      Wietse
    • Reinaldo de Carvalho
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
        On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, <guido@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
        > singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one copy
        > of every recipient.
        >
        > To make this work, I had to change the:
        >
        > mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
        > local_transport =

        > mailbox_transport =
        > local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
        >
        > When I made this change, now it seems that the:
        >
        > default_destination_recipient_limit = 60
        >
        > isn't working...

        What the problem? Do you want enforce 60? Do you want a regular file
        foreach 60 recipients? why?

        > Now I can add 600 recipients in one mail, with no problem. Before the
        > change, the 60 limit was working.
        >
        > Why? Any ideas how to fix this?

        What the local_destination_concurrency_limit and
        local_destination_recipient_limit values?

        With local_destination_concurrency_limit > 1, you can't enforce one
        regular file. Cyrus will be create 1 regular file peer message, if you
        have concurrency connections, the recipients will be splited in some
        messages.

        --
        Reinaldo de Carvalho
        http://korreio.sf.net

        "While not fully understand a software, don't try to adapt this
        software to the way you work, but rather yourself to the way the
        software works" (myself)
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
          On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 02:13:53PM -0300, guido@... wrote:

          > Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
          > singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one copy
          > of every recipient.

          This is only possible if you use LMTP delivery directly, without a trip
          through local(8), and move all alias processing from aliases(5) to
          virtual(5).

          The local(8) delivery agent always delivers one recipient at a time,
          even when the recipient concurrency is incorrectly set > 1, it just loops
          through the recipient list, doing one-at-a-time delivery.

        • Reinaldo de Carvalho
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
            On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, <guido@...> wrote:
            > Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
            > singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one copy
            > of every recipient.
            >
            > To make this work, I had to change the:
            >
            > mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
            > local_transport =

            > mailbox_transport =
            > local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp

            As Victor explain, local LDA don't send multirecipients on a message,
            and you must remove mailbox_transport and local_transport values and
            use transport_maps:

            # main.cf

            # /etc/postfix/transport
            exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 1, 2010
              On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 03:30:57PM -0300, Reinaldo de Carvalho wrote:

              > > To make this work, I had to change the:
              > >
              > > mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
              > > local_transport =

              > > mailbox_transport =
              > > local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
              > >

              > As Victor explain, local LDA don't send multirecipients on a message,
              > and you must remove mailbox_transport and local_transport values and
              > use transport_maps:
              >
              > # main.cf
              >
              > # /etc/postfix/transport
              > exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket

              No, setting "local_transport" is equivant to using transport_maps, but
              is more drastic, since it disables local delivery for all domains in
              $mydestination. Typically one wants to leave some ability to process
              local aliases in suitably designated domains.

            • guido@lorenzutti.com.ar
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                > On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, <guido@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
                >> singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one
                >> copy
                >> of every recipient.
                >>
                >> To make this work, I had to change the:
                >>
                >> mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
                >> local_transport =

                >> mailbox_transport =
                >> local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
                >>
                >> When I made this change, now it seems that the:
                >>
                >> default_destination_recipient_limit = 60
                >>
                >> isn't working...
                >
                > What the problem? Do you want enforce 60? Do you want a regular file
                > foreach 60 recipients? why?
                >

                >> Now I can add 600 recipients in one mail, with no problem. Before the
                >> change, the 60 limit was working.
                >>
                >> Why? Any ideas how to fix this?
                >>

                > What the local_destination_concurrency_limit and
                > local_destination_recipient_limit values?
                >
                > With local_destination_concurrency_limit > 1, you can't enforce one
                > regular file. Cyrus will be create 1 regular file peer message, if you
                > have concurrency connections, the recipients will be splited in some
                > messages.
                >
                > --
                > Reinaldo de Carvalho
                > http://korreio.sf.net
                > http://python-cyrus.sf.net
                >
                > "While not fully understand a software, don't try to adapt this
                > software to the way you work, but rather yourself to the way the
                > software works" (myself)

                postconf |grep _recipient_limit
                default_destination_recipient_limit = 30
                default_extra_recipient_limit = 1000
                default_recipient_limit = 20000
                lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                local_destination_recipient_limit = 30
                qmgr_message_recipient_limit = 20000
                relay_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                smtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                smtpd_recipient_limit = 1000
                virtual_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit

                Im still able to send an email to 300 users... I don't understand why.

                Tnxs in advance.
              • guido@lorenzutti.com.ar
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                  > On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 02:13:53PM -0300, guido@... wrote:
                  >
                  >> Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
                  >> singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one
                  >> copy
                  >> of every recipient.
                  >
                  > This is only possible if you use LMTP delivery directly, without a trip
                  > through local(8), and move all alias processing from aliases(5) to
                  > virtual(5).
                  >
                  > The local(8) delivery agent always delivers one recipient at a time,
                  > even when the recipient concurrency is incorrectly set > 1, it just loops
                  > through the recipient list, doing one-at-a-time delivery.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Viktor.

                  The singleinstancestore works just fine.
                  But when I change the parameters to make it work, the limit of recipients
                  per message dosen't work anymore.

                  I just change mailbox_tranport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
                  to nothing (mailbox_transport = ) and modify the local_transport to
                  local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp

                  Tnxs.
                • guido@lorenzutti.com.ar
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                    > On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 2:13 PM, <guido@...> wrote:
                    >> Hello everyone. Im using postfix 2.5.5 and im trying to use the
                    >> singleinstancestore of cyrus to hardlink mails instead of having one
                    >> copy
                    >> of every recipient.
                    >>
                    >> To make this work, I had to change the:
                    >>
                    >> mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
                    >> local_transport =

                    >> mailbox_transport =
                    >> local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
                    >>

                    > As Victor explain, local LDA don't send multirecipients on a message,
                    > and you must remove mailbox_transport and local_transport values and
                    > use transport_maps:
                    >
                    > # main.cf
                    >
                    > # /etc/postfix/transport
                    > exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket

                    MMmmm... when I remove the local_transport and add everything to the
                    transport_map I get this message:

                    Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning: process
                    /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 28551 exit status 1
                    Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning:
                    /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling

                    This is my full main.cf

                    2bounce_notice_recipient = postmaster
                    access_map_reject_code = 554
                    address_verify_default_transport = $default_transport
                    address_verify_local_transport = $local_transport
                    address_verify_map =
                    address_verify_negative_cache = yes
                    address_verify_negative_expire_time = 3d
                    address_verify_negative_refresh_time = 3h
                    address_verify_poll_count = 3
                    address_verify_poll_delay = 3s
                    address_verify_positive_expire_time = 31d
                    address_verify_positive_refresh_time = 7d
                    address_verify_relay_transport = $relay_transport
                    address_verify_relayhost = $relayhost
                    address_verify_sender = $double_bounce_sender
                    address_verify_sender_dependent_relayhost_maps =
                    $sender_dependent_relayhost_maps
                    address_verify_service_name = verify
                    address_verify_transport_maps = $transport_maps
                    address_verify_virtual_transport = $virtual_transport
                    alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
                    alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
                    allow_mail_to_commands = alias, forward
                    allow_mail_to_files = alias, forward
                    allow_min_user = no
                    allow_percent_hack = yes
                    allow_untrusted_routing = no
                    alternate_config_directories =
                    always_bcc =
                    anvil_rate_time_unit = 60s
                    anvil_status_update_time = 600s
                    append_at_myorigin = yes
                    append_dot_mydomain = yes
                    application_event_drain_time = 100s
                    authorized_flush_users = static:anyone
                    authorized_mailq_users = static:anyone
                    authorized_submit_users = static:anyone
                    backwards_bounce_logfile_compatibility = yes
                    berkeley_db_create_buffer_size = 16777216
                    berkeley_db_read_buffer_size = 131072
                    best_mx_transport =
                    biff = yes
                    body_checks =
                    body_checks_size_limit = 51200
                    bounce_notice_recipient = postmaster
                    bounce_queue_lifetime = 4h
                    bounce_service_name = bounce
                    bounce_size_limit = 4096
                    bounce_template_file =
                    broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
                    canonical_classes = envelope_sender, envelope_recipient, header_sender,
                    header_recipient
                    canonical_maps =
                    cleanup_service_name = cleanup
                    command_directory = /usr/sbin
                    command_execution_directory =
                    command_expansion_filter =
                    1234567890!@%-_=+:,./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
                    command_time_limit = 1000s
                    config_directory = /etc/postfix
                    connection_cache_protocol_timeout = 5s
                    connection_cache_service_name = scache
                    connection_cache_status_update_time = 600s
                    connection_cache_ttl_limit = 2s
                    content_filter =
                    cyrus_sasl_config_path =
                    daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
                    daemon_timeout = 18000s
                    data_directory = /var/lib/postfix
                    debug_peer_level = 2
                    debug_peer_list =
                    default_database_type = hash
                    default_delivery_slot_cost = 5
                    default_delivery_slot_discount = 50
                    default_delivery_slot_loan = 3
                    default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit = 1
                    default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback = 1
                    default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback = 1
                    default_destination_rate_delay = 0s
                    default_destination_recipient_limit = 30
                    default_extra_recipient_limit = 1000
                    default_minimum_delivery_slots = 3
                    default_privs = nobody
                    default_process_limit = 200
                    default_rbl_reply = $rbl_code Service unavailable; $rbl_class [$rbl_what]
                    blocked using $rbl_domain${rbl_reason?; $rbl_reason}
                    default_recipient_limit = 20000
                    default_recipient_refill_delay = 5s
                    default_recipient_refill_limit = 100
                    default_transport = smtp
                    default_verp_delimiters = +=
                    defer_code = 450
                    defer_service_name = defer
                    defer_transports =
                    delay_logging_resolution_limit = 2
                    delay_notice_recipient = postmaster
                    delay_warning_time = 0h
                    deliver_lock_attempts = 20
                    deliver_lock_delay = 1s
                    destination_concurrency_feedback_debug = no
                    detect_8bit_encoding_header = yes
                    disable_dns_lookups = no
                    disable_mime_input_processing = no
                    disable_mime_output_conversion = no
                    disable_verp_bounces = no
                    disable_vrfy_command = no
                    dont_remove = 0
                    double_bounce_sender = double-bounce
                    duplicate_filter_limit = 1000
                    empty_address_recipient = MAILER-DAEMON
                    empty_address_relayhost_maps_lookup_key = <>
                    enable_original_recipient = yes
                    error_notice_recipient = postmaster
                    error_service_name = error
                    execution_directory_expansion_filter =
                    1234567890!@%-_=+:,./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
                    expand_owner_alias = no
                    export_environment = TZ MAIL_CONFIG LANG
                    fallback_transport =
                    fallback_transport_maps =
                    fast_flush_domains = $relay_domains
                    fast_flush_purge_time = 7d
                    fast_flush_refresh_time = 12h
                    fault_injection_code = 0
                    flush_service_name = flush
                    fork_attempts = 5
                    fork_delay = 1s
                    forward_expansion_filter =
                    1234567890!@%-_=+:,./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
                    forward_path = $home/.forward${recipient_delimiter}${extension},
                    $home/.forward
                    frozen_delivered_to = yes
                    hash_queue_depth = 1
                    hash_queue_names = deferred, defer
                    header_address_token_limit = 10240
                    header_checks =
                    header_size_limit = 102400
                    helpful_warnings = yes
                    home_mailbox =
                    hopcount_limit = 50
                    html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/html
                    ignore_mx_lookup_error = no
                    import_environment = MAIL_CONFIG MAIL_DEBUG MAIL_LOGTAG TZ XAUTHORITY
                    DISPLAY LANG=C
                    in_flow_delay = 1s
                    inet_interfaces = all
                    inet_protocols = ipv4
                    initial_destination_concurrency = 5
                    internal_mail_filter_classes =
                    invalid_hostname_reject_code = 501
                    ipc_idle = 5s
                    ipc_timeout = 3600s
                    ipc_ttl = 1000s
                    line_length_limit = 2048
                    lmtp_bind_address =
                    lmtp_bind_address6 =
                    lmtp_body_checks =
                    lmtp_cname_overrides_servername = no
                    lmtp_connect_timeout = 0s
                    lmtp_connection_cache_destinations =
                    lmtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yes
                    lmtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s
                    lmtp_connection_reuse_time_limit = 300s
                    lmtp_data_done_timeout = 600s
                    lmtp_data_init_timeout = 120s
                    lmtp_data_xfer_timeout = 180s
                    lmtp_defer_if_no_mx_address_found = no
                    lmtp_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                    lmtp_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
                    lmtp_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                    lmtp_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                    lmtp_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                    lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                    lmtp_discard_lhlo_keyword_address_maps =
                    lmtp_discard_lhlo_keywords =
                    lmtp_enforce_tls = no
                    lmtp_generic_maps =
                    lmtp_header_checks =
                    lmtp_host_lookup = dns
                    lmtp_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                    lmtp_lhlo_name = $myhostname
                    lmtp_lhlo_timeout = 300s
                    lmtp_line_length_limit = 990
                    lmtp_mail_timeout = 300s
                    lmtp_mime_header_checks =
                    lmtp_mx_address_limit = 5
                    lmtp_mx_session_limit = 2
                    lmtp_nested_header_checks =
                    lmtp_pix_workaround_delay_time = 10s
                    lmtp_pix_workaround_maps =
                    lmtp_pix_workaround_threshold_time = 500s
                    lmtp_pix_workarounds = disable_esmtp,delay_dotcrlf
                    lmtp_quit_timeout = 300s
                    lmtp_quote_rfc821_envelope = yes
                    lmtp_randomize_addresses = yes
                    lmtp_rcpt_timeout = 300s
                    lmtp_rset_timeout = 20s
                    lmtp_sasl_auth_cache_name =
                    lmtp_sasl_auth_cache_time = 90d
                    lmtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
                    lmtp_sasl_auth_soft_bounce = yes
                    lmtp_sasl_mechanism_filter =
                    lmtp_sasl_password_maps =
                    lmtp_sasl_path =
                    lmtp_sasl_security_options = noplaintext, noanonymous
                    lmtp_sasl_tls_security_options = $lmtp_sasl_security_options
                    lmtp_sasl_tls_verified_security_options = $lmtp_sasl_tls_security_options
                    lmtp_sasl_type = cyrus
                    lmtp_send_xforward_command = no
                    lmtp_sender_dependent_authentication = no
                    lmtp_skip_5xx_greeting = yes
                    lmtp_starttls_timeout = 300s
                    lmtp_tcp_port = 24
                    lmtp_tls_CAfile =
                    lmtp_tls_CApath =
                    lmtp_tls_cert_file =
                    lmtp_tls_dcert_file =
                    lmtp_tls_dkey_file = $lmtp_tls_dcert_file
                    lmtp_tls_enforce_peername = yes
                    lmtp_tls_exclude_ciphers =
                    lmtp_tls_fingerprint_cert_match =
                    lmtp_tls_fingerprint_digest = md5
                    lmtp_tls_key_file = $lmtp_tls_cert_file
                    lmtp_tls_loglevel = 0
                    lmtp_tls_mandatory_ciphers = medium
                    lmtp_tls_mandatory_exclude_ciphers =
                    lmtp_tls_mandatory_protocols = SSLv3, TLSv1
                    lmtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = no
                    lmtp_tls_per_site =
                    lmtp_tls_policy_maps =
                    lmtp_tls_scert_verifydepth = 9
                    lmtp_tls_secure_cert_match = nexthop
                    lmtp_tls_security_level =
                    lmtp_tls_session_cache_database =
                    lmtp_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
                    lmtp_tls_verify_cert_match = hostname
                    lmtp_use_tls = no
                    lmtp_xforward_timeout = 300s
                    local_command_shell =
                    local_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                    local_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
                    local_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                    local_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                    local_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                    local_destination_recipient_limit = 30
                    local_header_rewrite_clients = permit_inet_interfaces
                    local_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                    local_recipient_maps = proxy:unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps
                    local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/public/lmtp
                    luser_relay =
                    mail_name = Postfix
                    mail_owner = postfix
                    mail_release_date = 20080902
                    mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
                    mail_version = 2.5.5
                    mailbox_command =
                    mailbox_command_maps =
                    mailbox_delivery_lock = fcntl, dotlock
                    mailbox_size_limit = 51200000
                    mailbox_transport =
                    mailbox_transport_maps =
                    mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
                    manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
                    maps_rbl_domains =
                    maps_rbl_reject_code = 554
                    masquerade_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender, header_recipient
                    masquerade_domains =
                    masquerade_exceptions =
                    max_idle = 100s
                    max_use = 100
                    maximal_backoff_time = 4000s
                    maximal_queue_lifetime = 4h
                    message_reject_characters =
                    message_size_limit = 50240000
                    message_strip_characters =
                    milter_command_timeout = 30s
                    milter_connect_macros = j {daemon_name} v
                    milter_connect_timeout = 30s
                    milter_content_timeout = 300s
                    milter_data_macros = i
                    milter_default_action = tempfail
                    milter_end_of_data_macros = i
                    milter_end_of_header_macros = i
                    milter_helo_macros = {tls_version} {cipher} {cipher_bits} {cert_subject}
                    {cert_issuer}
                    milter_macro_daemon_name = $myhostname
                    milter_macro_v = $mail_name $mail_version
                    milter_mail_macros = i {auth_type} {auth_authen} {auth_author} {mail_addr}
                    milter_protocol = 2
                    milter_rcpt_macros = i {rcpt_addr}
                    milter_unknown_command_macros =
                    mime_boundary_length_limit = 2048
                    mime_header_checks = $header_checks
                    mime_nesting_limit = 100
                    minimal_backoff_time = 300s
                    multi_recipient_bounce_reject_code = 550
                    mydestination = $myhostname, MYDOMAIN.COM
                    mydomain = MYDOMAIN.COM
                    myhostname = mail3.MYDOMAIN.COM
                    mynetworks = /etc/postfix/mynetworks
                    mynetworks_style = subnet
                    myorigin = $myhostname
                    nested_header_checks = $header_checks
                    newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
                    non_fqdn_reject_code = 504
                    non_smtpd_milters =
                    notify_classes = resource, software
                    owner_request_special = yes
                    parent_domain_matches_subdomains =
                    debug_peer_list,fast_flush_domains,mynetworks,permit_mx_backup_networks,qmqpd_authorized_clients,smtpd_access_maps
                    permit_mx_backup_networks =
                    pickup_service_name = pickup
                    plaintext_reject_code = 450
                    prepend_delivered_header = command, file, forward
                    process_id_directory = pid
                    propagate_unmatched_extensions = canonical, virtual
                    proxy_interfaces =
                    proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps
                    $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains
                    $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains $canonical_maps
                    $sender_canonical_maps $recipient_canonical_maps $relocated_maps
                    $transport_maps $mynetworks $sender_bcc_maps $recipient_bcc_maps
                    $smtp_generic_maps $lmtp_generic_maps
                    proxy_write_maps = $smtp_sasl_auth_cache_name $lmtp_sasl_auth_cache_name
                    qmgr_clog_warn_time = 300s
                    qmgr_fudge_factor = 100
                    qmgr_message_active_limit = 20000
                    qmgr_message_recipient_limit = 20000
                    qmgr_message_recipient_minimum = 10
                    qmqpd_authorized_clients =
                    qmqpd_client_port_logging = no
                    qmqpd_error_delay = 1s
                    qmqpd_timeout = 300s
                    queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
                    queue_file_attribute_count_limit = 100
                    queue_minfree = 0
                    queue_run_delay = 300s
                    queue_service_name = qmgr
                    rbl_reply_maps =
                    readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix
                    receive_override_options =
                    recipient_bcc_maps =
                    recipient_canonical_classes = envelope_recipient, header_recipient
                    recipient_canonical_maps =
                    recipient_delimiter = +
                    reject_code = 554
                    relay_clientcerts =
                    relay_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                    relay_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
                    relay_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                    relay_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                    relay_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                    relay_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                    relay_domains = listas.MYDOMAIN.COM
                    relay_domains_reject_code = 554
                    relay_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                    relay_recipient_maps =
                    relay_transport = relay
                    relayhost =
                    relocated_maps =
                    remote_header_rewrite_domain =
                    require_home_directory = no
                    resolve_dequoted_address = yes
                    resolve_null_domain = no
                    resolve_numeric_domain = no
                    rewrite_service_name = rewrite
                    sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/examples
                    send_cyrus_sasl_authzid = no
                    sender_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_bcc
                    sender_canonical_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender
                    sender_canonical_maps =
                    sender_dependent_relayhost_maps =
                    sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
                    service_throttle_time = 60s
                    setgid_group = postdrop
                    show_user_unknown_table_name = yes
                    showq_service_name = showq
                    smtp_always_send_ehlo = yes
                    smtp_bind_address =
                    smtp_bind_address6 =
                    smtp_body_checks =
                    smtp_cname_overrides_servername = no
                    smtp_connect_timeout = 30s
                    smtp_connection_cache_destinations =
                    smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yes
                    smtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s
                    smtp_connection_reuse_time_limit = 300s
                    smtp_data_done_timeout = 600s
                    smtp_data_init_timeout = 120s
                    smtp_data_xfer_timeout = 180s
                    smtp_defer_if_no_mx_address_found = no
                    smtp_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                    smtp_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
                    smtp_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                    smtp_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                    smtp_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                    smtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                    smtp_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps =
                    smtp_discard_ehlo_keywords =
                    smtp_enforce_tls = no
                    smtp_fallback_relay = $fallback_relay
                    smtp_generic_maps =
                    smtp_header_checks =
                    smtp_helo_name = $myhostname
                    smtp_helo_timeout = 300s
                    smtp_host_lookup = dns
                    smtp_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                    smtp_line_length_limit = 990
                    smtp_mail_timeout = 300s
                    smtp_mime_header_checks =
                    smtp_mx_address_limit = 5
                    smtp_mx_session_limit = 2
                    smtp_nested_header_checks =
                    smtp_never_send_ehlo = no
                    smtp_pix_workaround_delay_time = 10s
                    smtp_pix_workaround_maps =
                    smtp_pix_workaround_threshold_time = 500s
                    smtp_pix_workarounds = disable_esmtp,delay_dotcrlf
                    smtp_quit_timeout = 300s
                    smtp_quote_rfc821_envelope = yes
                    smtp_randomize_addresses = yes
                    smtp_rcpt_timeout = 300s
                    smtp_rset_timeout = 20s
                    smtp_sasl_auth_cache_name =
                    smtp_sasl_auth_cache_time = 90d
                    smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
                    smtp_sasl_auth_soft_bounce = yes
                    smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter =
                    smtp_sasl_password_maps =
                    smtp_sasl_path =
                    smtp_sasl_security_options = noplaintext, noanonymous
                    smtp_sasl_tls_security_options = $smtp_sasl_security_options
                    smtp_sasl_tls_verified_security_options = $smtp_sasl_tls_security_options
                    smtp_sasl_type = cyrus
                    smtp_send_xforward_command = no
                    smtp_sender_dependent_authentication = no
                    smtp_skip_5xx_greeting = yes
                    smtp_skip_quit_response = yes
                    smtp_starttls_timeout = 300s
                    smtp_tls_CAfile =
                    smtp_tls_CApath =
                    smtp_tls_cert_file =
                    smtp_tls_dcert_file =
                    smtp_tls_dkey_file = $smtp_tls_dcert_file
                    smtp_tls_enforce_peername = yes
                    smtp_tls_exclude_ciphers =
                    smtp_tls_fingerprint_cert_match =
                    smtp_tls_fingerprint_digest = md5
                    smtp_tls_key_file = $smtp_tls_cert_file
                    smtp_tls_loglevel = 0
                    smtp_tls_mandatory_ciphers = medium
                    smtp_tls_mandatory_exclude_ciphers =
                    smtp_tls_mandatory_protocols = SSLv3, TLSv1
                    smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = no
                    smtp_tls_per_site =
                    smtp_tls_policy_maps =
                    smtp_tls_scert_verifydepth = 9
                    smtp_tls_secure_cert_match = nexthop, dot-nexthop
                    smtp_tls_security_level =
                    smtp_tls_session_cache_database =
                    smtp_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
                    smtp_tls_verify_cert_match = hostname
                    smtp_use_tls = no
                    smtp_xforward_timeout = 300s
                    smtpd_authorized_verp_clients = $authorized_verp_clients
                    smtpd_authorized_xclient_hosts =
                    smtpd_authorized_xforward_hosts =
                    smtpd_banner = $mydomain ESMTP
                    smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 50
                    smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 0
                    smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions =
                    ${smtpd_client_connection_limit_exceptions:$mynetworks}
                    smtpd_client_message_rate_limit = 0
                    smtpd_client_new_tls_session_rate_limit = 0
                    smtpd_client_port_logging = no
                    smtpd_client_recipient_rate_limit = 0
                    smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access
                    hash:/etc/postfix/servers, check_recipient_access
                    hash:/etc/postfix/whitelist, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject
                    smtpd_data_restrictions =
                    smtpd_delay_open_until_valid_rcpt = yes
                    smtpd_delay_reject = yes
                    smtpd_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps =
                    smtpd_discard_ehlo_keywords =
                    smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions =
                    smtpd_enforce_tls = no
                    smtpd_error_sleep_time = 1s
                    smtpd_etrn_restrictions =
                    smtpd_expansion_filter =
                    \t\40!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~
                    smtpd_forbidden_commands = CONNECT GET POST
                    smtpd_hard_error_limit = 20
                    smtpd_helo_required = no
                    smtpd_helo_restrictions =
                    smtpd_history_flush_threshold = 100
                    smtpd_junk_command_limit = 100
                    smtpd_milters =
                    smtpd_noop_commands =
                    smtpd_null_access_lookup_key = <>
                    smtpd_peername_lookup = yes
                    smtpd_policy_service_max_idle = 300s
                    smtpd_policy_service_max_ttl = 1000s
                    smtpd_policy_service_timeout = 100s
                    smtpd_proxy_ehlo = $myhostname
                    smtpd_proxy_filter =
                    smtpd_proxy_timeout = 100s
                    smtpd_recipient_limit = 1000
                    smtpd_recipient_overshoot_limit = 1000
                    smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
                    reject_unknown_recipient_domain, check_recipient_access
                    hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_access, permit_mynetworks,
                    permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination
                    smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient = yes
                    smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender = no
                    smtpd_restriction_classes =
                    smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
                    smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
                    smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks =
                    smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
                    smtpd_sasl_path = smtpd
                    smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = $smtpd_sasl_security_options
                    smtpd_sasl_type = cyrus
                    smtpd_sender_login_maps =
                    smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access
                    hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access
                    smtpd_soft_error_limit = 10
                    smtpd_starttls_timeout = 300s
                    smtpd_timeout = 300s
                    smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/verisign-ca.crt
                    smtpd_tls_CApath =
                    smtpd_tls_always_issue_session_ids = yes
                    smtpd_tls_ask_ccert = no
                    smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
                    smtpd_tls_ccert_verifydepth = 9
                    smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/mail.MYDOMAIN.COM.crt
                    smtpd_tls_dcert_file =
                    smtpd_tls_dh1024_param_file =
                    smtpd_tls_dh512_param_file =
                    smtpd_tls_dkey_file = $smtpd_tls_dcert_file
                    smtpd_tls_exclude_ciphers =
                    smtpd_tls_fingerprint_digest = md5
                    smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/mail.MYDOMAIN.COM.key
                    smtpd_tls_loglevel = 0
                    smtpd_tls_mandatory_ciphers = medium
                    smtpd_tls_mandatory_exclude_ciphers =
                    smtpd_tls_mandatory_protocols = SSLv3, TLSv1
                    smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
                    smtpd_tls_req_ccert = no
                    smtpd_tls_security_level =
                    smtpd_tls_session_cache_database =
                    smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
                    smtpd_tls_wrappermode = no
                    smtpd_use_tls = no
                    soft_bounce = no
                    stale_lock_time = 500s
                    stress =
                    strict_7bit_headers = no
                    strict_8bitmime = no
                    strict_8bitmime_body = no
                    strict_mailbox_ownership = yes
                    strict_mime_encoding_domain = no
                    strict_rfc821_envelopes = no
                    sun_mailtool_compatibility = no
                    swap_bangpath = yes
                    syslog_facility = mail
                    syslog_name = postfix
                    tls_daemon_random_bytes = 32
                    tls_export_cipherlist = ALL:+RC4:@STRENGTH
                    tls_high_cipherlist = ALL:!EXPORT:!LOW:!MEDIUM:+RC4:@STRENGTH
                    tls_low_cipherlist = ALL:!EXPORT:+RC4:@STRENGTH
                    tls_medium_cipherlist = ALL:!EXPORT:!LOW:+RC4:@STRENGTH
                    tls_null_cipherlist = eNULL:!aNULL
                    tls_random_bytes = 32
                    tls_random_exchange_name = ${data_directory}/prng_exch
                    tls_random_prng_update_period = 3600s
                    tls_random_reseed_period = 3600s
                    tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
                    trace_service_name = trace
                    transport_retry_time = 60s
                    trigger_timeout = 10s
                    undisclosed_recipients_header = To: undisclosed-recipients:;
                    unknown_address_reject_code = 450
                    unknown_client_reject_code = 450
                    unknown_hostname_reject_code = 450
                    unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
                    unknown_relay_recipient_reject_code = 550
                    unknown_virtual_alias_reject_code = 550
                    unknown_virtual_mailbox_reject_code = 550
                    unverified_recipient_reject_code = 450
                    unverified_sender_reject_code = 450
                    verp_delimiter_filter = -=+
                    virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps
                    virtual_alias_expansion_limit = 1000
                    virtual_alias_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-virtual-alias-maps
                    virtual_alias_recursion_limit = 1000
                    virtual_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_failed_cohort_limit
                    virtual_destination_concurrency_limit =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_limit
                    virtual_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_negative_feedback
                    virtual_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback =
                    $default_destination_concurrency_positive_feedback
                    virtual_destination_rate_delay = $default_destination_rate_delay
                    virtual_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
                    virtual_gid_maps =
                    virtual_initial_destination_concurrency = $initial_destination_concurrency
                    virtual_mailbox_base =
                    virtual_mailbox_domains = $virtual_mailbox_maps
                    virtual_mailbox_limit = 51200000
                    virtual_mailbox_lock = fcntl, dotlock
                    virtual_mailbox_maps =
                    virtual_minimum_uid = 100
                    virtual_transport = virtual
                    virtual_uid_maps =

                    And my transport map...

                    MYDOMAIN.COM :
                    LISTS.MYDOMAIN.COM mailman:
                    * smtp:smtp.MYDOMAIN.COM
                  • Stan Hoeppner
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 2, 2010
                      guido@... put forth on 11/2/2010 10:03 PM:

                      >> # main.cf
                      >> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
                      >>
                      >> # /etc/postfix/transport
                      >> exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket

                      > MMmmm... when I remove the local_transport and add everything to the
                      > transport_map I get this message:
                      >
                      > Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning: process
                      > /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 28551 exit status 1
                      > Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning:
                      > /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling

                      Did you execute:

                      /$ postmap /etc/postfix/transport

                      after making changes to the file? Normally this is required after
                      changing a has table.

                      --
                      Stan
                    • Reinaldo de Carvalho
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                        On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 12:03 AM, <guido@...> wrote:

                        >> # main.cf
                        >> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
                        >>
                        >> # /etc/postfix/transport
                        >> exmaple.org      lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket
                        >>

                        > MMmmm... when I remove the local_transport and add everything to the
                        > transport_map I get this message:
                        >
                        > Nov  2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning: process
                        > /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 28551 exit status 1
                        > Nov  2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning:
                        > /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling

                        After solve this problem (you should find it), you must verify if
                        recipient validation still works, because local transport check valid
                        users on local_recipient_maps, and this don't occurs anymore using
                        transport_maps. And also local aliases will not be processed without
                        local transport.

                        As Victor correct me (again) to use transport_maps isn't the better
                        approach, although works for me. I use transport_maps to integrate
                        postfix->lmtp->cyrus and do recipient validation on virtual_alias_maps
                        with LDAP.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                          > guido@... put forth on 11/2/2010 10:03 PM:
                          >
                          >>> # main.cf
                          >>> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
                          >>>
                          >>> # /etc/postfix/transport
                          >>> exmaple.org lmtp:unix:/path/to/cyrus-lmtp-server-socket
                          >

                          >> MMmmm... when I remove the local_transport and add everything to the
                          >> transport_map I get this message:
                          >>
                          >> Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning: process
                          >> /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 28551 exit status 1
                          >> Nov 2 23:57:04 mail3 postfix/master[28541]: warning:
                          >> /usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling
                          >
                          > Did you execute:
                          >
                          > /$ postmap /etc/postfix/transport
                          >
                          > after making changes to the file? Normally this is required after
                          > changing a has table.
                          >
                          > --
                          > Stan

                          Yes.. I did that.
                          Im going to setup a test server to try everything.

                          tnxs.
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 3, 2010
                            On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 08:39:52AM -0300, Reinaldo de Carvalho wrote:

                            > As Victor correct me (again) to use transport_maps isn't the better
                            > approach, although works for me.

                            It is a more flexible approach, just not mandatory, which was the
                            substance of the error in your previous post. Setting "local_transport" is
                            *equivalent* to a transport_maps entry for *every* domain in $mydestination.
                            Using the table, gives one more control, but it is not wrong to instead
                            set "local_transport".