Re: "virtual pipe" (i.e. in SQL database)?

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2010
      On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 02:31:25PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

      > Tomasz Chmielewski:
      > > It works OK, but I'd rather keep it in MySQL only, or, have it somehow without having to edit master.cf each time.
      > >
      > > Is it possible?
      >
      > Except for the local aliases map, no Postfix table supports "please
      > execute this command line".

      The OP probably wants a VDA that runs configurable commands for virtual
      users possibly with a different uid (security context) for each user.

      Perhaps something along the lines of:

      http://www.postfix.org/MAILDROP_README.html

      with suitable back-end plumbing for maildrop. Other options along these
      lines may be possible.

      For separation of privileges, the maildrop command may need to be
      setuid, IIRC that's a supported deployment model..