Re: SPF and greylisting conditioning

  • Eugene V. Boontseff
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 2, 2010
      On 26.09.2010 13:24, Michal Bruncko wrote:
      > Hello list
      >
      > I am using postfix (v 2.7.0) with sender policy framework
      > (postfix-policyd-spf-perl-2.001) and greylisting (postgrey-1.32) with
      > following configuration:
      >
      > smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      > check_policy_service unix:private/policy
      > check_policy_service unix:/var/spool/postfix/postgrey/socket
      >
      > where unix:private/policy is SPF socket and followed by greylist rule.
      >
      > It is possible in some way to configure postfix, that SPF Passed mails
      > will be automatically accepted with postfix without greylisting? And
      > using greylist only for mails with other SPF result codes (none,
      > softfail,..)?
      > Current configuration only denies mails with SPF Fail and all other
      > mails where being greylisted.

      Use the attached patch for postfix-policyd-spf-perl-2.007, and you get
      what you want.

      --
      Eugene
    • Scott Kitterman
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 2, 2010
        On Saturday, October 02, 2010 08:55:49 am Eugene V. Boontseff wrote:
        > On 26.09.2010 13:24, Michal Bruncko wrote:
        > > Hello list
        > >
        > > I am using postfix (v 2.7.0) with sender policy framework
        > > (postfix-policyd-spf-perl-2.001) and greylisting (postgrey-1.32) with
        > > following configuration:
        > >
        > > smtpd_recipient_restrictions =

        > > check_policy_service unix:private/policy
        > > check_policy_service unix:/var/spool/postfix/postgrey/socket
        > >
        > > where unix:private/policy is SPF socket and followed by greylist rule.
        > >
        > > It is possible in some way to configure postfix, that SPF Passed mails
        > > will be automatically accepted with postfix without greylisting? And
        > > using greylist only for mails with other SPF result codes (none,
        > > softfail,..)?
        > > Current configuration only denies mails with SPF Fail and all other
        > > mails where being greylisted.
        >
        > Use the attached patch for postfix-policyd-spf-perl-2.007, and you get
        > what you want.

        Speaking as the current maintainer for that package, I don't recommend
        patching it to return OK and I don't think that's consistent with what the OP
        wanted (he wanted to skip greylisting, not all further checks).

        A couple of other options:

        tumgreyspf is an integrated SPF/Greylist solution that is designed to do what
        I understand the OP has requested.

        pypolicyd-spf is a more complete SPF policy server than the Perl one and has
        is able to integrate with Postfix restriction classes to do different things
        (one of which could be greylist or not) based on SPF result. This is covered
        in the package documentation.

        Scott K