Re: Postfix SMTP server

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 29, 2010
      Le 28/09/2010 23:44, motty.cruz a écrit :
      > Hello,
      > When a client has a typo in the recipient email address it takes 5 days for
      > my SMTP server to notify that the user does not exist or was unable to
      > deliver email.

      No. you are wrong. when you mistype an address, you get an immediate
      error stating "doesn't exist". try sending mail to joe@... and
      tell me when you get the error. if it takes you 5 days to see an error
      that was sent 5 days before, you have a serious issue.

      > Any idea where to change the option to make it more reliable.
    • Erwan David
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 29, 2010
        Le Wed 29/09/2010, mouss disait
        > Le 28/09/2010 23:44, motty.cruz a écrit :
        > >Hello,
        > >When a client has a typo in the recipient email address it takes 5 days for
        > >my SMTP server to notify that the user does not exist or was unable to
        > >deliver email.
        >
        > No. you are wrong. when you mistype an address, you get an immediate
        > error stating "doesn't exist". try sending mail to joe@...
        > and tell me when you get the error. if it takes you 5 days to see an
        > error that was sent 5 days before, you have a serious issue.
        >

        > >Any idea where to change the option to make it more reliable.

        It might be that the receiving server is set up to return a temporary error code for unexistent address

        --
        Erwan