Re: Configuring postfix to not reject sender address verification requests

  • Paul Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2010
      On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 22:41 +0200, mouss wrote:
      > SAV is not a default config. show us how you do SAV and what you want
      > to exclude from SAV.

      Not sure who you mean by "you". I don't do anything at all myself; my
      ISP (which happens to be the FSF's gnu.org mail server) does SAV and
      I've no idea how they've configured it, or even if they're using postfix
      at all.

      The originating MTA, which is postfix and is not handling SAV requests
      and that I'm hoping will change, I also do not have the configuration
      for.

      What I want is this:

      > > Basically, what's a simple way to configure postfix ignore incoming mail
      > > to a given address, while still properly handling server address
      > > verification to that address?

      Except I got one thing wrong: they don't ignore incoming email, they
      reject it with an error response telling people to use the web interface
      instead of email to manage bugs.

      It appears that Viktor's suggestion is OK with the remote MTA admins,
      although they do want to preserve the reject operation.

      Thanks!