SMTP proxy

  • mailing@securitylabs.it
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2010
      Hello, actually I have n mail servers, every mail server host n
      domain. Every user can send email using authentication and connecting to
      the right server (simply using mail.domain.tld as smtp server, that
      point to the right server via DNS). So every server has it's own DB
      (virtual users with MySQL).

      I'd like to have many smtp proxy in front of these n servers that
      authenticate to the right server "behind" so I can scale with round
      robin the smtp out for the customers.

      Actually I scale the infrastructure with x servers with imap/pop3 proxy
      (and roundrobin), and y mx servers with transport_maps, but I'm not sure
      how to accomplish this for smtp out.

      I don't like the idea to have a single big db of users, so ideally a
      proxy configuration that authenticate to the right server and let the
      client talk to re right server will be fine, any starting point?

      Oh, obviously postfix as smtp server and MySQL for the DB. Thanks for
      any idea.