Re: Problems with PCRE recipient_canonical_maps

  • Markus Meyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2010
      Am 27.09.2010 16:35, schrieb Victor Duchovni:

      Hi Victor,

      > Such addresses MUST be quoted to be RFC-compliant, for example:
      >
      > "This-is-a-silly-address."@...
      >
      > Don't use these, or add another form of the regex for quoted strings:
      >
      > /^"[[:alnum:]]{7}-0xrockindahouse0x-(.+)"@(.+)$/ "$1"@$2
      > /^[[:alnum:]]{7}-0xrockindahouse0x-(.+)@(.+)$/ $1@$2

      Thanks a lot, that did the trick.

      I now understood the RFC correctly. This little sentence I always
      overlooked: "If the string can be represented as a dot-atom (that is, it
      contains no characters other than atext characters or "." surrounded by
      atext characters),".

      So one dot surrounded by chars is ok, but not more dots in sequence or
      char-dot-@.

      Cheers, Markus