Re: Verification failed error

  • Ralf Hildebrandt
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
      * Aniruddha <mailingdotlist@...>:
      > On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt
      > <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...> wrote:
      >
      > > $ host -t mx redmijncomputer.nl
      > > redmijncomputer.nl mail is handled by 10 95.97.73.154.
      > >
      > > It should be mail.redmijncomputer.nl instead of 95.97.73.154
      > > --
      > Thank you for your quick reply. I'll ask my hosting company to fix
      > this. This means that my configuration is ok and that this problem is
      > a DNS error?

      I consider a DNS error to be a configuration error.

      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt
      Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
        On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt
        <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...> wrote:
        > I consider a DNS error to be a configuration error.

        That is true :) I meant that there is no error in my postfix
        configuration. This error needs to be solved by the person providing
        the DNS server for my domain (in my case the hosting provider)
      • Aniruddha
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
          On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt
          <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...> wrote:

          >> That is true :) I meant that there is no error in my postfix
          >> configuration. This error needs to be solved by the person providing
          >> the DNS server for my domain (in my case the hosting provider)
          >
          > Yep

          You have been a great help, thank you!
        • Aniruddha
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
            On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Aniruddha <mailingdotlist@...> wrote:
            > On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt
            > <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...> wrote:
            >>>
            >>> That is true :) I meant that there is no error in my postfix
            >>> configuration. This error needs to be solved by the person providing
            >>> the DNS server for my domain (in my case the hosting provider)
            >>
            >> Yep
            >>

            > You have been a great help, thank you!
          • Tom Kinghorn
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
              On 2010/09/02 10:24 AM, Aniruddha wrote:
              > On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Aniruddha<mailingdotlist@...> wrote:
              >>> Yep
              >>>
              >> You have been a great help, thank you!
              classic :o)