Re: Verification failed error

  • Ralf Hildebrandt
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
      * Aniruddha <mailingdotlist@...>:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Most of my mails are delivered and send without problems. However
      > some domains reject e-mails with the error message below. What can I
      > do to fix this? Is this a DNS error? Or a postfix config problem?
      > Thanks in advance!
      >
      > <>: host mxb.mail.widexs.nl[213.206.122.196] said:
      > 550-Verification failed for <info@...> 550-It appears that
      > the DNS operator for redmijncomputer.nl 550-has installed an invalid MX
      > record with an IP address 550-instead of a domain name on the right hand
      > side. 550 Sender verify failed (in reply to RCPT TO command)

      $ host -t mx redmijncomputer.nl
      redmijncomputer.nl mail is handled by 10 95.97.73.154.

      It should be mail.redmijncomputer.nl instead of 95.97.73.154
      --
      Ralf Hildebrandt
      Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
        On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt
        <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...> wrote:

        > $ host -t mx redmijncomputer.nl
        > redmijncomputer.nl mail is handled by 10 95.97.73.154.
        >
        > It should be mail.redmijncomputer.nl instead of 95.97.73.154
        > --
        Thank you for your quick reply. I'll ask my hosting company to fix
        this. This means that my configuration is ok and that this problem is
        a DNS error?
      • Ralf Hildebrandt
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
          * Aniruddha <mailingdotlist@...>:
          > On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt
          > <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...> wrote:
          >
          > > $ host -t mx redmijncomputer.nl
          > > redmijncomputer.nl mail is handled by 10 95.97.73.154.
          > >
          > > It should be mail.redmijncomputer.nl instead of 95.97.73.154
          > > --
          > Thank you for your quick reply. I'll ask my hosting company to fix
          > this. This means that my configuration is ok and that this problem is
          > a DNS error?

          I consider a DNS error to be a configuration error.

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
            On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt
            <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...> wrote:
            > I consider a DNS error to be a configuration error.

            That is true :) I meant that there is no error in my postfix
            configuration. This error needs to be solved by the person providing
            the DNS server for my domain (in my case the hosting provider)
          • Aniruddha
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
              On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt
              <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...> wrote:

              >> That is true :) I meant that there is no error in my postfix
              >> configuration. This error needs to be solved by the person providing
              >> the DNS server for my domain (in my case the hosting provider)
              >
              > Yep

              You have been a great help, thank you!
            • Aniruddha
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
                On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Aniruddha <mailingdotlist@...> wrote:
                > On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt
                > <Ralf.Hildebrandt@...> wrote:
                >>>
                >>> That is true :) I meant that there is no error in my postfix
                >>> configuration. This error needs to be solved by the person providing
                >>> the DNS server for my domain (in my case the hosting provider)
                >>
                >> Yep
                >>

                > You have been a great help, thank you!
              • Tom Kinghorn
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
                  On 2010/09/02 10:24 AM, Aniruddha wrote:
                  > On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Aniruddha<mailingdotlist@...> wrote:
                  >>> Yep
                  >>>
                  >> You have been a great help, thank you!
                  classic :o)