Re: Several relay_recipient_maps files ?

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
      On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 03:49:44PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > is it possible to have several declared files/db in
      > the relay_recipient_maps statement ?

      Yes, but it is a bad idea, multiple indexed files increase lookup disk
      I/O cost and especially with Berkeley DB 2.x and later, increase the
      per-process memory footprint.

    • Frank Bonnet
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
        On 09/01/2010 03:52 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
        > On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 03:49:44PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
        >
        >> Hello
        >>
        >> is it possible to have several declared files/db in
        >> the relay_recipient_maps statement ?
        >
        > Yes, but it is a bad idea, multiple indexed files increase lookup disk
        > I/O cost and especially with Berkeley DB 2.x and later, increase the
        > per-process memory footprint.

        Ok but it wouldn't be a problem as this runs on our MX machine that have
        enough power to hold this.

        My purpose is to separate real users addresses and administratives
        aliases to facilitate administration.

        The file containing users adresses is constantly moving and need
        an automated script that check if the address is still valid to
        keep or not in the users's relay_recipient_map file.

        Adminstratives aliases don't need this because of their stability

        Is the following syntax good ?

        relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients.users
        hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients.adm

        Thanks
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
          Le 01/09/2010 16:09, Frank Bonnet a écrit :

          > On 09/01/2010 03:52 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
          >> On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 03:49:44PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
          >>
          >>> Hello
          >>>
          >>> is it possible to have several declared files/db in
          >>> the relay_recipient_maps statement ?
          >>
          >> Yes, but it is a bad idea, multiple indexed files increase lookup disk
          >> I/O cost and especially with Berkeley DB 2.x and later, increase the
          >> per-process memory footprint.
          >>

          > Ok but it wouldn't be a problem as this runs on our MX machine that
          > have enough power to hold this.
          >
          > My purpose is to separate real users addresses and administratives
          > aliases to facilitate administration.
          >
          > The file containing users adresses is constantly moving and need
          > an automated script that check if the address is still valid to
          > keep or not in the users's relay_recipient_map file.

          the script could merge the final files...

          > Adminstratives aliases don't need this because of their stability
          >
          > Is the following syntax good ?
          >
          > relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients.users
          > hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients.adm

          that's ok.