Several relay_recipient_maps files ?

  • Frank Bonnet
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
      Hello

      is it possible to have several declared files/db in
      the relay_recipient_maps statement ?

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
        Frank Bonnet:

        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relay_recipient_maps

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
          On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 03:49:44PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:

          > Hello
          >
          > is it possible to have several declared files/db in
          > the relay_recipient_maps statement ?

          Yes, but it is a bad idea, multiple indexed files increase lookup disk
          I/O cost and especially with Berkeley DB 2.x and later, increase the
          per-process memory footprint.

        • Frank Bonnet
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
            On 09/01/2010 03:52 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
            > On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 03:49:44PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
            >
            >> Hello
            >>
            >> is it possible to have several declared files/db in
            >> the relay_recipient_maps statement ?
            >
            > Yes, but it is a bad idea, multiple indexed files increase lookup disk
            > I/O cost and especially with Berkeley DB 2.x and later, increase the
            > per-process memory footprint.

            Ok but it wouldn't be a problem as this runs on our MX machine that have
            enough power to hold this.

            My purpose is to separate real users addresses and administratives
            aliases to facilitate administration.

            The file containing users adresses is constantly moving and need
            an automated script that check if the address is still valid to
            keep or not in the users's relay_recipient_map file.

            Adminstratives aliases don't need this because of their stability

            Is the following syntax good ?

            relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients.users
            hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients.adm

            Thanks
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2010
              Le 01/09/2010 16:09, Frank Bonnet a écrit :

              > On 09/01/2010 03:52 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
              >> On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 03:49:44PM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
              >>
              >>> Hello
              >>>
              >>> is it possible to have several declared files/db in
              >>> the relay_recipient_maps statement ?
              >>
              >> Yes, but it is a bad idea, multiple indexed files increase lookup disk
              >> I/O cost and especially with Berkeley DB 2.x and later, increase the
              >> per-process memory footprint.
              >>

              > Ok but it wouldn't be a problem as this runs on our MX machine that
              > have enough power to hold this.
              >
              > My purpose is to separate real users addresses and administratives
              > aliases to facilitate administration.
              >
              > The file containing users adresses is constantly moving and need
              > an automated script that check if the address is still valid to
              > keep or not in the users's relay_recipient_map file.

              the script could merge the final files...

              > Adminstratives aliases don't need this because of their stability
              >
              > Is the following syntax good ?
              >
              > relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients.users
              > hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients.adm

              that's ok.