Re: local_recipient_maps with LDAP

  • Jamrock
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2010
      "Marco Rebsamen" <mrebsamen@...> wrote in message news:F70FD6682C026E40970A322E98E7645454E8@......

      Hello Everybody

      I wan’t to have my local recipeints checked against my Active Directory. So I have created the .cf file with the LDAP parameters:

      bind_dn = user@...

      bind_pw = ******

      server_host =

      #Global Catalog port

      server_port = 3268

      search_base = DC=domain, DC=local

      query_filter = proxyAddresses=*%s*

      and changed the main.cf file:

      local_recipient_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/local_recipient_maps.cf unix:passwd.byname

      If i do this now:

      postmap -v -q 'user@...' ldap:/etc/postfix/local_recipient_maps.cf

      It tells me „Search found 1 match(es)“. But If i try to deliver a message with the same address postfix tells me „User not known in local recipient maps“

      How can i figure out whats wrong ?

      The following has worked for me.  Don't know if it is the best way or not.

      Step 1

      Create a user in Active Directory for Postfix to use.

      First name = postfix

      Lastname =

      User Logon Name = postfix

      User cannot change password

      Password never expires

      Step 2

      Add the following to the /etc/postfix/main.cf:

      # Prevents mail from being sent to local user accounts

      local_transport = virtual

      # Information about mailboxes

      virtual_mailbox_base = /var/postfix/maildirs/

      virtual_mailbox_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_mailboxes.cf

      virtual_minimum_uid = 501

      virtual_uid_maps = static:501

      virtual_gid_maps = static:502

      # Files storing user and group information

      virtual_maps = ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_users.cf, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_groups.cf

      Step 3

      Create /etc/postfix/ldap_mailboxes.cf

      server_host = ldap://mail.testcompany.com:389

      version = 3

      search_base = cn=users,dc=testcompany,dc=com

      query_filter = (&(mail=%s) (objectClass=user))

      result_attribute = samaccountname

      result_format = %s/

      bind_dn = postfix

      bind_pw = DFD321

      Step 4

      Create /etc/postfix/ldap_users.cf

       server_host = ldap://mail.testcompany.com:389

      version = 3

      search_base = cn=users,dc=testcompay,dc=com

      query_filter = (&(mail=%s) (objectClass=user))

      result_attribute = samaccountname

      bind_dn = postfix

      bind_pw = DFD321

      Step 5

      Create /etc/postfix/ldap_groups.cf

       server_host = ldap://mail.testcompany.com:389

      version = 3

      search_base = ou=mail_groups,dc=testcompay,dc=com

      query_filter = (&(mail=%s) (objectClass = group))

      special_result_attribute = member

      leaf_result_attribute = mail

      bind_dn = postfix

      bind_pw = DFD321

      Once you get this working, you will need to think about ssl encryption between the Linux box and the Windows box.