Postfix "order of operations"

  • Pavel Dimow
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2010
      Hi,

      I can't find info (or I don't know the right query), but I would like
      to know some order of operations.
      Fore example, when mail arrives, postfix will do:

      1. Take a look at local alias maps (if there is a match it will ...)
      2. Take a look at virtual_alias_maps (if there is a match it will ...)
      3. .....

      and so on.

      Is there any doc of this kind? :)
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2010
        On 8/2/2010 5:29 AM, Pavel Dimow wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I can't find info (or I don't know the right query), but I would like
        > to know some order of operations.
        > Fore example, when mail arrives, postfix will do:
        >
        > 1. Take a look at local alias maps (if there is a match it will ...)
        > 2. Take a look at virtual_alias_maps (if there is a match it will ...)
        > 3. .....
        >
        > and so on.
        >
        > Is there any doc of this kind? :)

        http://www.postfix.org/OVERVIEW.html