Re: Providing SMTP relay access to roaming laptop without creating an open relay...

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 10:56 AM
      Peter L. Berghold:
      > Hi folks,
      >
      > In pseudo code here's how I want my outside mail exchange system to
      > behave:

      On the Postfix server:

      /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      permit_mynetworks
      permit_sasl_authenticated <- for the roaming laptop
      reject_unauth_destination

      Then configure the Postfix server for SASL (to authenticate the
      roaming laptop) and perhaps TLS encryption (to protect the login
      sequence).

      http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#server_sasl
      http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#server_tls

      Wietse
    • Jonathan Tripathy
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 10:59 AM
        On 01/08/10 18:56, Wietse Venema wrote:
        > and perhaps TLS encryption (to protect the login

        Do not underestimate the importance of enabling TLS :)