smtp hung (was: milter still hungs)

    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 24, 2010
      Jesus Cea:
      -- Start of PGP signed section.
      > On 24/07/10 01:28, Wietse Venema wrote:
      > > 2) I repeat, the problem is that Postfix does not recognize the
      > > end of the message.
      >
      > I don't send the message completely. According to thunderbird, it sends

      The logging shows that Postfix is still waiting for the end of the
      message. Therefore, I have changed the subject of this thread from
      "MILTER HUNG" to "SMTP HUNG".

      The end of the message is indicated with ``<CR><LF>.<CR><LF>''.
      I suggest that you experiment with the length of the email address,
      by adding and removing one character at a time. Then you will find
      out what lengths "work" and what breaks. I suspect that there is a
      problem when ``<CR><LF>.<CR><LF>'' is broken up over two packets.

      You may also send me a tcpdump recording of a failed SMTP session,
      and I'll analyze the bits. See http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html
      for instructions on how to mkae such a recording.