Re: Integration of milter results in postfix logs

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2010
      Wietse:
      > Postfix does not log message changes unless you turn on debug
      > logging. Message changes can be quite extensive, such as deleting
      > a header, adding a header, or replacing the message body. Such
      > logging is not of interest for production usage.

      Jesus Cea:
      > I find it VERY useful for production use. Could you consider a
      > configuration option for a future postfix version?.

      I don't know how Postfix would log:

      - delete header (log the old header text?)
      - change header (log old text AND nex text?)
      - replace body (log old text AND new text?)

      For now, you can use milter_header_checks to log all headers that
      are added by a Milter application.

      /etc/postfix/main.cf:
      milter_header_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/milter_header_checks

      /etc/postfix/milter_header_checks:
      /(.+)/ WARN $1

      The downside is that this is logged as a warning; I suppose that
      it would make sense to add a new INFO action to Postfix that logs
      the text with "normal" priority.