Re: Mixed Setup

  • Jonathan Tripathy
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 24, 2010
      On 22/07/10 21:32, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
      > * Michael Orlitzky<michael@...>:
      >

      >>> I'll repeat myself. .local is not a reserved suffix. nor is
      >>> .localdomain, despite what linuxers seem to believe. using such domains
      >>> is a hijack. you are telling the IETF: we decided to use these suffixes
      >>> and you cannot use them anymore. This is unacceptable. chose your camp..

      I'm very sorry but I have to disagree with this. By using .local, what
      one is saying is "this is my local private network. I wish to use this
      suffix for it. If you want to use it elsewhere in the future, then that
      is ok, and I'll face the consequences then." There is nothing illegal
      about calling a private network anywhere. You could give your local
      private network a .gov address and I still think that would be ok....