Re: postfix/smtpd: queue file size limit exceeded

  • Sahil Tandon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 23, 2010
      On Fri, 2010-07-23 at 10:16:08 +0200, Stanisław Findeisen wrote:

      > On 2010-07-23 02:44, Sahil Tandon wrote:
      > > It appears that google's SMTP client does not use the SIZE declaration
      > > as outlined in RFC 1870. You can record the conversation between google
      > > and your server to verify this yourself; instead of:
      > >
      > > MAIL FROM:<foo.bar@...> SIZE=500000
      > >
      > > you will see:
      > >
      > > MAIL FROM:<foo.bar@...>
      >
      > So neither SIZE declaration from the client, nor taking into
      > consideration SIZE declaration from the server.

      Uhm, no. They are *related*. The appearance of SIZE in a server's
      response to the EHLO command is what informs the client that the SIZE
      service extension is supported. Google's SMTP client just doesn't use
      this extension.

      > > Because google is trying to deliver mail. :) After receiving the
      > > message, Postfix measures it to exceed $message_size_limit and rejects
      > > it.
      >
      > Oh really? If I send a 1000000 GB message to Postfix, Postfix will try
      > to receive it and *then* measure??! :-O

      Homework assignment: try it with a more sane message size that still
      exceeds your server's limit, and see what happens.

      --
      Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>