warning: Connection concurrency limit exceeded: 11 from xx[w.x.y.z] for service smtp

  • Eddy Ilg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2010
      Dear postfix users,

      I am struggeling with the concurency limit of postfix. We are using two
      postfix MTAs. MTA one wants to deliver to MTA two and has 300 mails in
      the queue.

      Trying to flush the queue always results in the error
      warning: Connection concurrency limit exceeded: 11 from xx[w.x.y.z] for
      service smtp
      on MTA two.

      I tried excepting MTA one in the config of MTA two from the limits as
      follows:

      smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 30
      smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions = $mynetworks, mta.one

      Somehow, both of these parameters have no effect. Note the 11 in the
      message above.

      Are these the wrong parameters? How do I enable MTA one to open many
      connections? (disable limit?)

      Best regards,

      Eddy Ilg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2010
        On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 06:42:07AM +0200, Eddy Ilg wrote:

        > warning: Connection concurrency limit exceeded: 11 from xx[w.x.y.z] for
        > service smtp

        Butchered logs make it difficult to help you, the "xx" and "w.x.y.z"
        need to be shown unaltered, so that they can be compared with the
        configuration settings.

        > I tried excepting MTA one in the config of MTA two from the limits as
        > follows:
        >
        > smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 30
        > smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions = $mynetworks, mta.one

        Is host "xx" or IP address "w.x.y.z" listed in mynetworks or is
        "xx" equal to "mta.one"?

        > Somehow, both of these parameters have no effect. Note the 11 in the
        > message above.

        Well, the default connection count limit is 50 not 10, so your
        configuration settings are not as reported, perhaps you have master.cf
        overrides, or additional settings lower in main.cf.