RE: Error 451 (Couldn't open temporary) #2

  • Datatronics Gmail
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1 6:06 AM
      Hello Everyone, i´m going to make it quick,

      Problem #1

      We are receiving a lot of errors from the Queue of postfix, and emails are
      not going out, we are getting this error:

      host mx2.hotmail.com[65.54.188.72] said: 451 Couldn't open temporary file

      We have also seen that we have been marked as a blacklist in this is:

      http://www.uceprotect.net

      *********************************
      Problem #2

      Also, We are getting the same error when we are sending emails inside our
      network "without sending them through internet" with our outlook, we are
      getting the error: 451 Couldn't open temporary file when we try to send an
      Email Configuration Test,

      I understand the problem with the blacklist, but why is our outlook giving
      us that error when we send them inside our domain?

      Thanks a lot in advance.
    • Patric Falinder
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1 6:42 AM
        Datatronics Gmail skrev 2010-07-01 15:06:

        > Hello Everyone, i´m going to make it quick,

        > Problem #1
        >
        > We are receiving a lot of errors from the Queue of postfix, and emails are
        > not going out, we are getting this error:
        >
        > host mx2.hotmail.com[65.54.188.72] said: 451 Couldn't open temporary file
        >
        > We have also seen that we have been marked as a blacklist in this is:
        >
        > http://www.uceprotect.net
        >
        > *********************************
        > Problem #2
        >
        > Also, We are getting the same error when we are sending emails inside our
        > network "without sending them through internet" with our outlook, we are
        > getting the error: 451 Couldn't open temporary file when we try to send an
        > Email Configuration Test,
        >
        > I understand the problem with the blacklist, but why is our outlook giving
        > us that error when we send them inside our domain?
        >
        > Thanks a lot in advance.

        It sounds like there is some permission problems on postfix working
        directories or that you are running postfix as an other user or similar.

        Check which owner Postfix is running as and what permissions
        /var/lib/postfix/ has (I think), there might be more or other places.
      • Datatronics Gmail
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2 12:07 AM
          Hello Patric,

          Thanks for your quick Reply,

          Looks like our ISP got us out of the blacklist, and all of the emails in the
          queue where delivered during the night, but my question is the following,

          Why were we getting the same 451 error inside our network?, I understand
          that if we are marked as a Spam we can´t send them out, but what about the
          inside of the network?

          Thanks a lot,

          Alan

          Datatronics Gmail skrev 2010-07-01 15:06:

          > Hello Everyone, i´m going to make it quick,

          > Problem #1
          >
          > We are receiving a lot of errors from the Queue of postfix, and emails are
          > not going out, we are getting this error:
          >
          > host mx2.hotmail.com[65.54.188.72] said: 451 Couldn't open temporary file
          >
          > We have also seen that we have been marked as a blacklist in this is:
          >
          > http://www.uceprotect.net
          >
          > *********************************
          > Problem #2
          >
          > Also, We are getting the same error when we are sending emails inside our
          > network "without sending them through internet" with our outlook, we are
          > getting the error: 451 Couldn't open temporary file when we try to send an
          > Email Configuration Test,
          >
          > I understand the problem with the blacklist, but why is our outlook giving
          > us that error when we send them inside our domain?
          >
          > Thanks a lot in advance.

          It sounds like there is some permission problems on postfix working
          directories or that you are running postfix as an other user or similar.

          Check which owner Postfix is running as and what permissions
          /var/lib/postfix/ has (I think), there might be more or other places.
        • /dev/rob0
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2 6:18 AM
            First, a note about posting etiquette. Please don't top-post your
            replies. And when starting a new thread, start with a NEW message,
            not a reply to someone else's post. Thank you.

            On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 09:07:18AM +0200, Datatronics Gmail wrote:
            > Looks like our ISP got us out of the blacklist, and all of the
            > emails in the queue where delivered during the night, but my

            Out of UCEprotect? The ISP did this for you? Both of these claims
            appear highly unlikely, as was the implied belief that Hotmail/MSN
            uses UCEprotect.

            > question is the following,
            >
            > Why were we getting the same 451 error inside our network?, I
            > understand that if we are marked as a Spam we can´t send them out,
            > but what about the inside of the network?

            Let's examine the log that you posted. Note, it is in plain English
            so as to be understandable.

            > > host mx2.hotmail.com[65.54.188.72] said: 451 Couldn't open
            > > temporary file (in reply to DATA command)

            Host mx2.hotmail.com (at IP address 65.54.188.72) said (presumably to
            your smtp(8) client), "451 Couldn't open temporary file," in reply to
            your DATA command. So, apparently there was some problem at this
            particular Hotmail MX host. The assumption that it was associated
            with a listing on UCEprotect is unfounded and farfetched.

            This was wrong. Nothing posted indicated an issue in the OP's
            installation of Postfix.