Re: set a catch-all for users that not exists in database

  • David Touzeau
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
      Thanks for this information markus

      I would like to know if for this kind of virtual maps

      users1@... users1@...
      users2@... users2@...
      users3@... users3@...
      @... noexistant@...

      when i send an email to users1@... postfix send to
      noexistant@...

      when i send an email to users2@... postfix send to
      noexistant@...

      when i send an email to users3@... postfix send to
      noexistant@...

      when i send an email to anonymous@... postfix send to
      noexistant@...

      is it a normal behavior that postfix send all mails to catch-all even
      the email address is existent in the hash table ?

      On 01/07/2010 09:52, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
      > 01.07.2010 00:07, David Touzeau:
      >
      >> dear I know this is not a good idea but this is for an internal server
      >> in order to auto-create mailboxes.
      >> A script parse the catch-all mailbox and create the appropriate mailbox
      >>
      >> THe behavior is when i send mail to users1@... the catch-all
      >> take the hand and all mails are transfered to it noexistant@...
      >
      > Which then creates the users1@... mailbox?
      > If so, and if I understand correctly, after users1@... was
      > created and someone wants to send a mail to this new account but
      > mis-types the address, for example user1@..., the (potential)
      > recipient won't get the message but rather the account user1@...
      > will be created. Moreover, the sender won't be notified that he sent
      > mail to a non-existent address.
      >
      >> so i have 2 choices :
      >>
      >> enable catch-all but all mail going trough the catch-all mailbox
      >>
      >> disable catch-all and forgot the script...
      >
      > No, you have more choices. Among them are
      >
      > 3. Instead of a catch-all, use a single fixed account for sending
      > mailbox creation requests to in combination with + addressing.
      > For example, use createmb@... as the account requests are sent
      > to, and, if you want to create the users1@... account, send a
      > mail to createmb+users1@....
      >
      > 4. Choose from the many mail management solutions that already exist.

    • Markus Schönhaber
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
        01.07.2010 10:49, David Touzeau:

        > I would like to know if for this kind of virtual maps
        >
        > users1@... users1@...
        > users2@... users2@...
        > users3@... users3@...
        > @... noexistant@...
        >
        > when i send an email to users1@... postfix send to
        > noexistant@...
        >
        > when i send an email to users2@... postfix send to
        > noexistant@...
        >
        > when i send an email to users3@... postfix send to
        > noexistant@...
        >
        > when i send an email to anonymous@... postfix send to
        > noexistant@...
        >
        > is it a normal behavior that postfix send all mails to catch-all even
        > the email address is existent in the hash table ?

        No. Look at
        man 5 virtual

        Did you postmap the table?
        If you did, provide the output of
        postconf -n
        Otherwise it's hard to tell what is wrong.

        Nevertheless, I'd strongly recommend that you get rid of the catch-all.

        --
        Regards
        mks
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
          On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 9:39 AM, David Touzeau <david@...> wrote:
          > Dear
          >
          > I would like to redirect messages that recipient are not listed in aliases
          > to a single mailbox
          >
          > have set
          >
          > virtual_alias_maps=hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
          >
          > users1@... users1@...
          > users2@... users2@...
          > users3@... users3@...
          > @... noexistant@...
          >
          > is there is way to do this ?

          Maybe that's not what you want but look into regex map; it's
          documented properly.
          I use that map in a QC machine which must not send any outgoing emails
          to any domains.
          (Only local port is open FYI)

          From memory that map looks sthing like

          virtual domain map:

          /(.*)/ :ACCEPT

          virtual mailbox map:

          /(.*)/ :mailtrap
        • Datatronics Gmail
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
            Hello Everyone, i´m going to make it quick,

            We are receiving a lot of errors from the Queue of postfix, and emails are
            not going out, we are getting this error:

            host mx2.hotmail.com[65.54.188.72] said: 451 Couldn't open temporary file

            We have also seen that we have been marked as a blacklist in this is:

            http://www.uceprotect.net

            does it have anything to do with it?

            Thanks a lot in advance.
          • David Touzeau
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
              here it is the main.cf

              2bounce_notice_recipient = postmaster
              address_verify_negative_cache = yes
              address_verify_negative_expire_time = 3d
              address_verify_negative_refresh_time = 3h
              address_verify_poll_count = 3
              address_verify_poll_delay = 3s
              address_verify_positive_expire_time = 31d
              address_verify_positive_refresh_time = 7d
              address_verify_sender = double-bounce
              alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
              alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
              append_dot_mydomain = no
              biff = no
              bounce_notice_recipient = postmaster
              bounce_queue_lifetime = 5d
              bounce_service_name = bounce
              bounce_size_limit = 50000
              bounce_template_file = /etc/postfix/bounce.template.cf
              broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
              config_directory = /etc/postfix
              connection_cache_status_update_time = 600s
              connection_cache_ttl_limit = 2s
              content_filter =
              default_destination_recipient_limit = 50
              default_process_limit = 100
              delay_notice_recipient = postmaster
              disable_dns_lookups = no
              double_bounce_sender = double-bounce
              empty_address_recipient = MAILER-DAEMON
              enable_original_recipient = yes
              error_notice_recipient = postmaster
              header_address_token_limit = 10240
              header_checks =
              ignore_mx_lookup_error = no
              in_flow_delay = 1s
              inet_interfaces = all
              initial_destination_concurrency = 5
              local_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
              local_recipient_maps =
              mailbox_size_limit = 102400000
              mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/spool/postfix/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp
              maximal_backoff_time = 4000s
              maximal_queue_lifetime = 5d
              message_size_limit = 102400000
              mime_header_checks =
              mime_nesting_limit = 100
              minimal_backoff_time = 300s
              mydestination =
              myhostname = server-mail.touzeau.biz.touzeau.biz.local.local
              mynetworks = 172.16.40.0/24
              myorigin = /etc/mailname
              qmgr_message_recipient_limit = 20000
              qmgr_message_recipient_minimum = 10
              queue_run_delay = 300s
              readme_directory = no
              receive_override_options =
              recipient_canonical_maps =
              recipient_delimiter = +
              relay_recipient_maps =
              relayhost =
              smtp_connect_timeout = 30s
              smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yes
              smtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s
              smtp_connection_reuse_time_limit = 300s
              smtp_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
              smtp_helo_timeout = 300s
              smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/smtp_sasl_password
              smtp_send_xforward_command = yes
              smtp_sender_dependent_authentication = no
              smtp_tls_mandatory_protocols = SSLv3,TLSv1
              smtp_tls_session_cache_database =
              btree:/var/lib/postfix/smtpd_tls_session_cache
              smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 50
              smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 0
              smtpd_client_message_rate_limit = 0
              smtpd_client_new_tls_session_rate_limit = 0
              smtpd_client_recipient_rate_limit = 0
              smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access
              ldap:smtpd_client_restrictions_check_client_access
              smtpd_error_sleep_time = 1s
              smtpd_hard_error_limit = 20
              smtpd_recipient_limit = 1000
              smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
              permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated,reject_unauth_destination
              smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient = yes
              smtpd_restriction_classes =
              smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
              smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks =
              smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
              smtpd_sasl_path = smtpd
              smtpd_soft_error_limit = 10
              smtpd_timeout = 300
              smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/ssl/certs/postfix/ca.csr
              smtpd_tls_ask_ccert = no
              smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
              smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/postfix/ca.crt
              smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/certs/postfix/ca.key
              smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
              smtpd_tls_req_ccert = no
              smtpd_tls_security_level = may
              smtpd_use_tls = yes
              undisclosed_recipients_header = To: undisclosed-recipients:;
              virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
              virtual_mailbox_limit = 102400000
              virtual_transport = $mailbox_transport
              virtual_uid_maps = static:5000

              content of /etc/postfix/virtual
              ------------------------------------
              @... all-users@...

              content of /etc/postfix/aliases
              ------------------------------------

              user1 user1@...
              user2 user2@...
              all-users all-users@...

              piece of log when sending from external to user1

              Jul 1 14:38:37 server-mail postfix/cleanup[8627]: 67B7F2BCC:
              message-id=<20100701123823.67B7F2BCC@...>
              Jul 1 14:38:37 server-mail postfix/qmgr[4773]: 67B7F2BCC:
              from=<toto@...>, size=415, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
              Jul 1 14:38:37 server-mail postfix/smtp[8737]: 67B7F2BCC:
              to=<all-users@...>, orig_to=<user1@...>, ....

              so user1 exists but postfix whant to send to all-users@... has
              the catch all

              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                01.07.2010 14:40, David Touzeau:

                > here it is the main.cf

                Post the output of
                postconf -n
                next time

> [...]
                > smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient = yes
                > smtpd_restriction_classes =
                > smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
                > smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks =
                > smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
                > smtpd_sasl_path = smtpd
                > smtpd_soft_error_limit = 10
                > smtpd_timeout = 300
                > smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/ssl/certs/postfix/ca.csr
                > smtpd_tls_ask_ccert = no
                > smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
                > smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/postfix/ca.crt
                > smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/certs/postfix/ca.key
                > smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
                > smtpd_tls_req_ccert = no
                > smtpd_tls_security_level = may
                > smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtpd_scache
                > smtpd_use_tls = yes
                > undisclosed_recipients_header = To: undisclosed-recipients:;
                > virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

                which differs significantly from what you claimed previously being the
                content of your "virtual maps".

                > content of /etc/postfix/aliases
                > ------------------------------------
                >
                > user1 user1@...
                > user2 user2@...
                > all-users all-users@...
                >

                > piece of log when sending from external to user1
                >
                > Jul 1 14:38:37 server-mail postfix/cleanup[8627]: 67B7F2BCC:
                > message-id=<20100701123823.67B7F2BCC@...>
                > Jul 1 14:38:37 server-mail postfix/qmgr[4773]: 67B7F2BCC:
                > from=<toto@...>, size=415, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
                > Jul 1 14:38:37 server-mail postfix/smtp[8737]: 67B7F2BCC:
                > to=<all-users@...>, orig_to=<user1@...>, ....
                >
                > so user1 exists but postfix whant to send to all-users@... has
                > the catch all

                Which is exactly what you instructed postfix to do with the above
                /etc/postfix/virtual map.
                Note: alias_maps and alias_database are only used by the local(8)
                delivery agent, but since your "mydestination" is empty, "company.tld"
                isn't a local domain.

                Regards
                mks
              • David Touzeau
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                  On 01/07/2010 15:17, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> [...]
                  >> ------------------------------------
                  >>
                  >> user1 user1@...
                  >> user2 user2@...
                  >> all-users all-users@...
                  >>

                  >> piece of log when sending from external to user1
                  >>
                  >> Jul 1 14:38:37 server-mail postfix/cleanup[8627]: 67B7F2BCC:
                  >> message-id=<20100701123823.67B7F2BCC@...>
                  >> Jul 1 14:38:37 server-mail postfix/qmgr[4773]: 67B7F2BCC:
                  >> from=<toto@...>, size=415, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
                  >> Jul 1 14:38:37 server-mail postfix/smtp[8737]: 67B7F2BCC:
                  >> to=<all-users@...>, orig_to=<user1@...>, ....
                  >>
                  >> so user1 exists but postfix whant to send to all-users@... has
                  >> the catch all
                  >
                  > Which is exactly what you instructed postfix to do with the above
                  > /etc/postfix/virtual map.
                  > Note: alias_maps and alias_database are only used by the local(8)
                  > delivery agent, but since your "mydestination" is empty, "company.tld"

                  yes

                  excuse me

                  here it is the postconf -n

[...]
                  mydestination = hash:/etc/postfix/mydestination
                  myhostname = server-mail.touzeau.biz.touzeau.biz.local.local
                  mynetworks = 172.16.40.0/24
                  myorigin = /etc/mailname
                  qmgr_message_recipient_limit = 20000
                  qmgr_message_recipient_minimum = 10
                  queue_run_delay = 300s
                  readme_directory = no
                  receive_override_options =
                  recipient_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_bcc
                  recipient_canonical_maps =
                  recipient_delimiter = +
                  relay_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_domains
                  relay_recipient_maps =
                  relayhost =
                  sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
                  sender_dependent_relayhost_maps =
                  hash:/etc/postfix/sender_dependent_relayhost
[...]
                  virtual_mailbox_domains =
                  virtual_mailbox_limit = 102400000
                  virtual_transport = $mailbox_transport
                  virtual_uid_maps = static:5000

                  i have set mydestination, sorry it was a fresh install for this discuss.

                  here it is the piece of log when sending a mail

                  ul 1 15:45:18 server-mail postfix/cleanup[2923]: 226B42BCC:
                  message-id=<20100701134510.226B42BCC@...>
                  Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail postfix/qmgr[11911]: 226B42BCC:
                  from=<user@...>, size=398, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
                  Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail cyrus/master[3239]: about to exec
                  /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/lmtpd
                  Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[3239]: executed
                  Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[3239]: accepted connection
                  Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[3239]: lmtp connection
                  preauth'd as postman
                  Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[3239]:
                  verify_user(user.all-users) failed: Mailbox does not exist
                  Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail postfix/lmtp[3238]: 226B42BCC:
                  to=<all-users@...>, orig_to=<user1@...>,
                  relay=server-mail.touzeau.biz.touzeau.biz.local.local[/var/spool/postfix/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp],

                  so what's interesting :

                  user@... -> user1@...

                  The expected behavior is to send to user1@... but in real state
                  postfix translate user1 to the catch all:

                  user@... -> user1@... -> all-users@...
                  to=<all-users@...>, orig_to=<user1@...>

                  what i have missed ??

                  best regards
                • Markus Schönhaber
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                    01.07.2010 15:48, David Touzeau:

> [...]
                    > smtpd_timeout = 300
                    > smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/ssl/certs/postfix/ca.csr
                    > smtpd_tls_ask_ccert = no
                    > smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
                    > smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/postfix/ca.crt
                    > smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/certs/postfix/ca.key
                    > smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
                    > smtpd_tls_req_ccert = no
                    > smtpd_tls_security_level = may
                    > smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtpd_scache
                    > smtpd_use_tls = yes
                    > undisclosed_recipients_header = To: undisclosed-recipients:;
                    > virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
                    > virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
                    > virtual_mailbox_domains =
                    > virtual_mailbox_limit = 102400000
                    > virtual_transport = $mailbox_transport
                    > virtual_uid_maps = static:5000
                    >

                    > i have set mydestination, sorry it was a fresh install for this discuss.

                    What are the contents of /etc/postfix/mydestination? Did you postmap it?

                    BTW: what's the point in explicitly setting so many configuration
                    variables to their default values?

                    > here it is the piece of log when sending a mail
                    >
                    > ul 1 15:45:18 server-mail postfix/cleanup[2923]: 226B42BCC:
                    > message-id=<20100701134510.226B42BCC@...>
                    > Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail postfix/qmgr[11911]: 226B42BCC:
                    > from=<user@...>, size=398, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
                    > Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail cyrus/master[3239]: about to exec
                    > /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/lmtpd
                    > Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[3239]: executed
                    > Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[3239]: accepted connection
                    > Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[3239]: lmtp connection
                    > preauth'd as postman
                    > Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[3239]:
                    > verify_user(user.all-users) failed: Mailbox does not exist

                    So you've probably created a source for backscatter - which can happen
                    very easily when you break recipient validation (which at least three
                    people on this list have warned you of doing).

                    > Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail postfix/lmtp[3238]: 226B42BCC:
                    > to=<all-users@...>, orig_to=<user1@...>,
                    > relay=server-mail.touzeau.biz.touzeau.biz.local.local[/var/spool/postfix/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp],
                    >
                    > so what's interesting :
                    >
                    > user@... -> user1@...
                    >
                    > The expected behavior is to send to user1@... but in real state
                    > postfix translate user1 to the catch all:
                    >
                    > user@... -> user1@... -> all-users@...
                    > to=<all-users@...>, orig_to=<user1@...>
                    >
                    > what i have missed ??

                    You missed to show the log entries for the complete mail transaction
                    starting from the point where the mail enters the system till final
                    delivery.

                    --
                    Regards
                    mks
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                      On 01/07/2010 16:34, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
> [...]
                      >> verify_user(user.all-users) failed: Mailbox does not exist
                      >
                      > So you've probably created a source for backscatter - which can happen
                      > very easily when you break recipient validation (which at least three
                      > people on this list have warned you of doing).
                      >
                      >> Jul 1 15:45:18 server-mail postfix/lmtp[3238]: 226B42BCC:
                      >> to=<all-users@...>, orig_to=<user1@...>,
                      >> relay=server-mail.touzeau.biz.touzeau.biz.local.local[/var/spool/postfix/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp],
                      >>
                      >> so what's interesting :
                      >>
                      >> user@... -> user1@...
                      >>
                      >> The expected behavior is to send to user1@... but in real state
                      >> postfix translate user1 to the catch all:
                      >>
                      >> user@... -> user1@... -> all-users@...
                      >> to=<all-users@...>, orig_to=<user1@...>
                      >>
                      >> what i have missed ??
                      >
                      > You missed to show the log entries for the complete mail transaction
                      > starting from the point where the mail enters the system till final

                      here it is :

                      Jul 1 16:48:08 server-mail postfix/smtpd[21427]: connect from
                      unknown[172.16.40.1]
                      Jul 1 16:48:30 server-mail cyrus/master[27446]: process 20566 exited,
                      status 0
                      Jul 1 16:48:31 server-mail cyrus/master[27446]: process 21226 exited,
                      status 0
                      Jul 1 16:49:01 server-mail postfix/smtpd[21427]: 47CF02BCC:
                      client=unknown[172.16.40.1]
                      Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail postfix/cleanup[22048]: 47CF02BCC:
                      message-id=<20100701144901.47CF02BCC@...>
                      Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail postfix/qmgr[21345]: 47CF02BCC:
                      from=<user1@...>, size=420, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
                      Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/master[22266]: about to exec
                      /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/lmtpd
                      Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: executed
                      Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: accepted connection
                      Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: lmtp connection
                      preauth'd as postman
                      Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: WARNING: sieve script
                      /var/spool/cyrus/sieve/a/all-users/defaultbc doesn't exist: No such file
                      or directory
                      Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: Delivered:
                      <20100701144901.47CF02BCC@...>
                      to mailbox: user.all-users
                      Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail postfix/lmtp[22265]: 47CF02BCC:
                      to=<all-users@...>, orig_to=<user1@...>,
                      relay=server-mail.touzeau.biz.touzeau.biz.local.local[/var/spool/postfix/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp],
                      delay=41, delays=41/0.02/0.03/0.07, dsn=2.1.5, status=sent (250 2.1.5 Ok)
                      Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail postfix/qmgr[21345]: 47CF02BCC: removed
                    • Markus Schönhaber
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                        01.07.2010 16:49, David Touzeau:

                        > On 01/07/2010 16:34, Markus Schönhaber wrote:

                        Again:

                        >> What are the contents of /etc/postfix/mydestination? Did you postmap it?

                        And:

                        >> BTW: what's the point in explicitly setting so many configuration
                        >> variables to their default values?

                        > Jul 1 16:48:08 server-mail postfix/smtpd[21427]: connect from
                        > unknown[172.16.40.1]
                        > Jul 1 16:48:30 server-mail cyrus/master[27446]: process 20566 exited,
                        > status 0
                        > Jul 1 16:48:31 server-mail cyrus/master[27446]: process 21226 exited,
                        > status 0
                        > Jul 1 16:49:01 server-mail postfix/smtpd[21427]: 47CF02BCC:
                        > client=unknown[172.16.40.1]
                        > Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail postfix/cleanup[22048]: 47CF02BCC:
                        > message-id=<20100701144901.47CF02BCC@...>
                        > Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail postfix/qmgr[21345]: 47CF02BCC:
                        > from=<user1@...>, size=420, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
                        > Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/master[22266]: about to exec
                        > /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/lmtpd
                        > Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: executed
                        > Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: accepted connection
                        > Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: lmtp connection
                        > preauth'd as postman
                        > Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: WARNING: sieve script
                        > /var/spool/cyrus/sieve/a/all-users/defaultbc doesn't exist: No such file
                        > or directory
                        > Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: Delivered:
                        > <20100701144901.47CF02BCC@...>
                        > to mailbox: user.all-users
                        > Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail postfix/lmtp[22265]: 47CF02BCC:
                        > to=<all-users@...>, orig_to=<user1@...>,
                        > relay=server-mail.touzeau.biz.touzeau.biz.local.local[/var/spool/postfix/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp],
                        > delay=41, delays=41/0.02/0.03/0.07, dsn=2.1.5, status=sent (250 2.1.5 Ok)
                        > Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail postfix/qmgr[21345]: 47CF02BCC: removed

                        So you've sent a mail from user1@... to user1@... and it
                        was delivered to all-users@....

                        What are the contents of
                        /etc/postfix/mydestination
                        /etc/postfix/aliases
                        /etc/postfix/virtual

                        And: did you postmap (or newaliases when it comes to aliases) them?

                        Oh, and if you didn't change this (taken from a previous post of yours):

                        > content of /etc/postfix/aliases
                        >> ------------------------------------
                        >>
                        >> user1 user1@...
                        >> user2 user2@...
                        >> all-users all-users@...

                        That's not a valid aliases(5) file. But newaliases should have warned
                        you about that fact.

                        --
                        Regards
                        mks

                        --
                        Regards
                        mks
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                          On 01/07/2010 17:22, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
                          > 01.07.2010 16:49, David Touzeau:
                          >
                          >> On 01/07/2010 16:34, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
                          >
                          > Again:
                          >
                          >>> What are the contents of /etc/postfix/mydestination? Did you postmap it?
                          >
                          > And:
                          >
                          >>> BTW: what's the point in explicitly setting so many configuration
                          >>> variables to their default values?
                          >

                          >> Jul 1 16:48:08 server-mail postfix/smtpd[21427]: connect from
                          >> unknown[172.16.40.1]
                          >> Jul 1 16:48:30 server-mail cyrus/master[27446]: process 20566 exited,
                          >> status 0
                          >> Jul 1 16:48:31 server-mail cyrus/master[27446]: process 21226 exited,
                          >> status 0
                          >> Jul 1 16:49:01 server-mail postfix/smtpd[21427]: 47CF02BCC:
                          >> client=unknown[172.16.40.1]
                          >> Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail postfix/cleanup[22048]: 47CF02BCC:
                          >> message-id=<20100701144901.47CF02BCC@...>
                          >> Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail postfix/qmgr[21345]: 47CF02BCC:
                          >> from=<user1@...>, size=420, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
                          >> Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/master[22266]: about to exec
                          >> /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/lmtpd
                          >> Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: executed
                          >> Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: accepted connection
                          >> Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: lmtp connection
                          >> preauth'd as postman
                          >> Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: WARNING: sieve script
                          >> /var/spool/cyrus/sieve/a/all-users/defaultbc doesn't exist: No such file
                          >> or directory
                          >> Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[22266]: Delivered:
                          >> <20100701144901.47CF02BCC@...>
                          >> to mailbox: user.all-users
                          >> Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail postfix/lmtp[22265]: 47CF02BCC:
                          >> to=<all-users@...>, orig_to=<user1@...>,
                          >> relay=server-mail.touzeau.biz.touzeau.biz.local.local[/var/spool/postfix/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp],
                          >> delay=41, delays=41/0.02/0.03/0.07, dsn=2.1.5, status=sent (250 2.1.5 Ok)
                          >> Jul 1 16:49:11 server-mail postfix/qmgr[21345]: 47CF02BCC: removed
                          >
                          > So you've sent a mail from user1@... to user1@... and it
                          > was delivered to all-users@....
                          >
                          > What are the contents of
                          > /etc/postfix/mydestination
                          > /etc/postfix/aliases
                          > /etc/postfix/virtual
                          >
                          > And: did you postmap (or newaliases when it comes to aliases) them?
                          >
                          > Oh, and if you didn't change this (taken from a previous post of yours):
                          >
                          >> content of /etc/postfix/aliases
                          >>> ------------------------------------
                          >>>
                          >>> user1 user1@...
                          >>> user2 user2@...
                          >>> all-users all-users@...
                          >
                          > That's not a valid aliases(5) file. But newaliases should have warned
                          > you about that fact.

                          your are right, aliases was not correctly formated, i have changed it
                          but no changes

                          postmap and newaliases was executed

                          this is the content of

                          /etc/postfix/mydestination
                          -----------------------------------
                          company.tld OK

                          /etc/postfix/aliases
                          -----------------------------------
                          user1:user1@...
                          user2:user2@...
                          all-users:all-users@...

                          /etc/postfix/virtual
                          -----------------------------------
                          @... all-users@...

                          Jul 1 17:33:04 server-mail postfix/master[4937]: reload configuration
                          /etc/postfix
                          Jul 1 17:33:38 server-mail postfix/smtpd[27394]: connect from
                          unknown[172.16.40.1]
                          Jul 1 17:34:07 server-mail postfix/smtpd[27394]: 470342BCC:
                          client=unknown[172.16.40.1]
                          Jul 1 17:34:13 server-mail postfix/cleanup[28618]: 470342BCC:
                          message-id=<20100701153407.470342BCC@...>
                          Jul 1 17:34:13 server-mail postfix/qmgr[26396]: 470342BCC:
                          from=<toto@...>, size=397, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
                          Jul 1 17:34:13 server-mail cyrus/master[28623]: about to exec
                          /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/lmtpd
                          Jul 1 17:34:13 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[28623]: executed
                          Jul 1 17:34:13 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[28623]: accepted connection
                          Jul 1 17:34:13 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[28623]: lmtp connection
                          preauth'd as postman
                          Jul 1 17:34:13 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[28623]: WARNING: sieve script
                          /var/spool/cyrus/sieve/a/all-users/defaultbc doesn't exist: No such file
                          or directory
                          Jul 1 17:34:13 server-mail cyrus/lmtpunix[28623]: Delivered:
                          <20100701153407.470342BCC@...>
                          to mailbox: user.all-users
                          Jul 1 17:34:13 server-mail postfix/lmtp[28622]: 470342BCC:
                          to=<all-users@...>, orig_to=<user1@...>,
                          relay=server-mail.touzeau.biz.touzeau.biz.local.local[/var/spool/postfix/var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp],
                          delay=21, delays=20/0.01/0.03/0.03, dsn=2.1.5, status=sent (250 2.1.5 Ok)
                          Jul 1 17:34:13 server-mail postfix/qmgr[26396]: 470342BCC: removed

                          catch-all still take the hand
                        • Markus Schönhaber
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                            01.07.2010 17:38, David Touzeau:

                            > this is the content of
                            >
                            > /etc/postfix/mydestination
                            > -----------------------------------
                            > company.tld OK
                            >
                            > /etc/postfix/aliases
                            > -----------------------------------
                            > user1:user1@...
                            > user2:user2@...
                            > all-users:all-users@...
                            >
                            > /etc/postfix/virtual
                            > -----------------------------------
                            > @... all-users@...

                            > catch-all still take the hand

                            And that's OK, since cleanup(8) has rewritten the recipient address to
                            all-users@... according to virtual before local(8) is handed the
                            message and has the chance to do further rewriting according to aliases.
                            http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#overview

                            --
                            Regards
                            mks
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                              On 01/07/2010 17:59, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
                              > 01.07.2010 17:38, David Touzeau:
                              >
                              >> this is the content of
                              >>
                              >> /etc/postfix/mydestination
                              >> -----------------------------------
                              >> company.tld OK
                              >>
                              >> /etc/postfix/aliases
                              >> -----------------------------------
                              >> user1:user1@...
                              >> user2:user2@...
                              >> all-users:all-users@...
                              >>
                              >> /etc/postfix/virtual
                              >> -----------------------------------
                              >> @... all-users@...
                              >
                              >> catch-all still take the hand
                              >
                              > And that's OK, since cleanup(8) has rewritten the recipient address to
                              > all-users@... according to virtual before local(8) is handed the
                              > message and has the chance to do further rewriting according to aliases.
                              > http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#overview

                              THanks to explain to me the process but what is for you the best
                              settings to fix the situation ?
                            • Markus Schönhaber
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                                01.07.2010 18:13, David Touzeau:

                                > THanks to explain to me the process but what is for you the best
                                > settings to fix the situation ?

                                Hm, I have already said what I consider the best fix for the situation:
                                get rid of the catch-all and implement recipient validation.

                                --
                                Regards
                                mks
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 1, 2010
                                  I think i have found the solution

                                  the solution is to populate the /etc/postfix/virtual with user's emails
                                  addresses maps before the catch-all

                                  instead this

                                  @... all-users@...

                                  fill this: