Re: dyndns adsl port forward

    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 30, 2010
      Hi Basanta,

      Basanta shrestha a écrit :
      > [snip]
      >>> Now trying to make my computer a full fledged mail server. I am behind ADSL NAT
      >>>
      >>> got a dyndns address lal.homelinux.org.
      >>> In adsl router, configured the above address, port forward tcp port
      >>> 110 to 192.168.0.x ( x being ip address of my computer)
      >>> can resolve lal.homelinux.org to ADSL WAN IP address.
      >> 110? that's not smtp. please take the time to learn about smtp, pop3 and
      >> imap. these are completely different things. postfix only implements smtp.
      >
      > You'd better gone through the very first mail on the thread before you
      > gave your valuable time and suggestions.

      hmmm. I actually replied to your original post (if you use a "thread
      aware" mailer, you'll see that easily). BTW, I also read your other
      posts (so if I missed something, it's not because I didn't read, but
      maybe because I'm too old:).

      > That I am also using dovecot
      > for pop3 and I am trying to port forward the request comming to the
      > pop3 (110) on my router (only public ip) to the mail server which is
      > behind my ADSL NAT.

      my meaning was that: you'll get better help here if you concentrate on
      smtp related issues. if you say you have a POP issue, we'll simply wait
      until you fix it. compared to SMTP, POP(3) is a trivial protocol. As
      long as you have problems with POP(3) or IMAP, focus on that. SMTP is a
      harder beast.

      > I seem to have found the problem. the port 110 is not seen from
      > outside world. issue with adsl router I guess.

      If it's a 110 port issue, then it's not postfix related. which is what I
      tried to say. obviously, I wasn't clear enough. sorry and good luck...