Re: Multiple Users

  • Michael Orlitzky
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2010
      On 06/30/2010 09:15 AM, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:
      > Hi there,
      > Does postfix support multiple users using aliases?
      > Example:
      > sales@... <mailto:sales@...> would send the mail to
      > user1@... <mailto:user1@...>, user2@...
      > <mailto:user2@...>, user3@... <mailto:user3@...>
      > support@... <mailto:support@...> would send the mail to
      > user2@... <mailto:user2@...> and user3@...
      > <mailto:user3@...>
      > My aliases table and user database is stored in a MYSQL database.
      > May this task is more suitable for a mailing list program
      > Thanks

      From http://www.postfix.org/virtual.5.html,

      The optional virtual(5) alias table rewrites recipient
      addresses for all local, all virtual, and all remote mail
      destinations. This is unlike the aliases(5) table which
      is used only for local(8) delivery. Virtual aliasing is
      recursive, and is implemented by the Postfix cleanup(8)
      daemon before mail is queued.

      The main applications of virtual aliasing are:

      o To redirect mail for one address to one or more
      addresses.

      You should be able to place your virtual alias maps in MySQL. If your
      lists grow larger or you intend to modify them frequently, a mailing
      list manager is probably a better long-term solution.