@myowndomain addresse spoofing

  • Rachid Abdelkhalak
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2010
      Hello List,

      Is there any way to tell to my postfix in the relay to never accept email
      sent from an @... email address is it is not coming from my
      internal mail server? I dont want to use SPF now.

      I'm trying to prevent SPAM coming from external networks and spoofing my
      internal addreses.

      Thank you
    • Sahil Tandon
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 2010
        On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 09:47:50 +0100, Rachid Abdelkhalak wrote:

        > Is there any way to tell to my postfix in the relay to never accept
        > email sent from an @... email address is it is not
        > coming from my internal mail server?

        Yes, if it is the envelope that is being spoofed.

        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_recipient_restrictions
        http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html

        --
        Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>
      • Rachid Abdelkhalak
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
          Hello,

          If i understand, the smtpd_recipient_restrictions allow just to give
          postfix the list of addresses for wich he can accept emails, but my need
          is to prevent that an other person use an other mail server to send emails
          using our domain. It mean i want to specify to postfix the servers that
          can send mails using mydomain, and NO OTHER SERVER can do it. If postfix
          receive emails relayed by other server and coming from mydomain Sender
          with @mydomain address, it must reject that email.

          Thank you

          --
          |-Rachid Abdelkhalak
          |-Network Security Engineer, MTDS

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
            On 7/1/2010 4:14 AM, Rachid Abdelkhalak wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > If i understand, the smtpd_recipient_restrictions allow just
            > to give postfix the list of addresses for wich he can accept
            > emails, but my need is to prevent that an other person use an
            > other mail server to send emails using our domain. It mean i
            > want to specify to postfix the servers that can send mails
            > using mydomain, and NO OTHER SERVER can do it. If postfix
            > receive emails relayed by other server and coming from
            > mydomain Sender with @mydomain address, it must reject that
            > email.

            Your understanding is wrong.

            Read up on smtpd_recipient_restrictions and check_sender_access.

            Use a config something like:
            smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
            permit_mynetworks
            reject_unauth_destination
            check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access

            # contents of /etc/postfix/sender_access
            example.com REJECT only internal mail allowed

            replace example.com with your own domain.

            -- Noel Jones
          • Rachid Abdelkhalak
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
              Thank you Noel, I'll try that and let you know.

              Best regards.