own script to handle messages

  • Jiri Vitek
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2010
      Hi everybody,

      i need configure postfix to handle just one incoming address(i can do
      that without problem), and not sending it to mailbox after validation,
      but pass it to myown script(thats my question about). Which will parse
      message and then send shorten way as sms using asterisk vgsm module..

      What's the best way to do that?

      btw I'm not afraid of spam, attacks and other threats, this setup will
      run on isolated network and mua is security alert HW..

      thanks for any tips
      J.Vitek
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2010
        On 6/29/2010 10:58 AM, Jiri Vitek wrote:
        > Hi everybody,
        >
        > i need configure postfix to handle just one incoming address(i can do
        > that without problem), and not sending it to mailbox after validation,
        > but pass it to myown script(thats my question about). Which will parse
        > message and then send shorten way as sms using asterisk vgsm module..
        >
        > What's the best way to do that?
        >
        > btw I'm not afraid of spam, attacks and other threats, this setup will
        > run on isolated network and mua is security alert HW..
        >
        > thanks for any tips
        > J.Vitek

        Here's the docs for delivering mail to an external script:
        http://www.postfix.org/MAILDROP_README.html

        Just replace references to "maildrop" with your custom script.

        -- Noel Jones
      • Jiri Vitek
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
          thank you, that is exactly what i was looking for..

          J.Vitek