Postfix not processing .forward files

  • Rui Francisco
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2010
      Hi,

      We migrated a mail server from qmail + vpopmail to postfix+vpopmail and
      the mail server is working properly with virtual domains.

      The only problem is that if the user has a .forward file in the home or
      in the Maildir doesn't read them and doesn't forward the emails but
      delivers them locally.

      The .forward files are owned by vpopmail and not the user.

      I can't figure why its not reading the .forward files.

      Can anybody give some clues how to solve it ?

      Bellow there is the main.cf file

      Thanks in advance
      Rui

      soft_bounce = no
      smtpd_banner = $myhostname
      biff = no
      append_dot_mydomain = no
      inet_interfaces = all
      myhostname = noname.domain
      myorigin = $myhostname
      mydomain = domain
      mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
      mynetworks_style = host
      #relayhost = 172.16.10.69
      alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases, $virtual_alias_maps
      local_recipient_maps = $alias_maps, $virtual_mailbox_maps
      #local_transport = local
      #transport_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_transport.cf
      debug_peer_level = 2
      debugger_command =
      PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
      ddd $daemon_directory/$process_name $process_id & sleep 5
      #html_directory = /usr/local/share/doc/postfix
      disable_vrfy_command = no
      mailbox_size_limit = 0
      owner_request_special = no
      recipient_delimiter = +
      home_mailbox = Maildir/
      mail_owner = postfix
      command_directory = /usr/sbin
      daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
      data_directory = /var/lib/postfix
      queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
      mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
      mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
      manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
      #setgid_group = maildrop
      unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450

      ########### Virtual Domains Users ######
      #virtual_transport = virtual
      virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
      # ,proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_domains_maps.cf

      virtual_mailbox_domains =
      proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
      virtual_mailbox_maps =
      proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf

      #quota ?
      #virtual_mailbox_limit_maps =
      proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf

      #virtual_mailbox_limit = 512000000

      virtual_mailbox_base = /
      relay_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_relay_domains_maps.cf

      #proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination
      $virtual_alias_maps $virtual_mailbox_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains
      $relay_domains $virtual_mailbox_limit_maps

      proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination
      $virtual_alias_maps $virtual_mailbox_maps $relay_domains
      $virtual_mailbox_domains

      virtual_minimum_uid = 150
      virtual_uid_maps = static:508
      virtual_gid_maps = static:503
      virtual_create_maildirsize = yes
      virtual_mailbox_extended = yes
      virtual_mailbox_limit_override = yes
      virtual_maildir_limit_message = Sorry, the user's maildir has overdrawn
      his disk space quota.
      virtual_overquota_bounce = yes

      # Habilita requisito de HELO/EHLO
      smtpd_helo_required = yes

      # ---- Autentificao no SMTP ---- #
      smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
      smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
      smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
      #smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
      #smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
      broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes

      # Secure SMTP-AUTH
      smtpd_use_tls = yes
      #smtpd_tls_enforce_tls = yes
      smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
      smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem

      # Restricao durante comando HELO/EHLO
      smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_recipient_access
      hash:/etc/postfix/access,
      reject_rbl_client domain-name, reject_unknown_sender_domain,
      reject_unauth_pipelining,
      reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
      reject_non_fqdn_sender,permit_sasl_authenticated,
      reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_unauth_destination

      message_size_limit = 20480000

      forward_path = $home/.forward${recipient_delimiter}${extension},
      $home/.forward, $home/Maildir/.forward
      transport_destination_recipient_limit = 1
      #virtual_transport = maildrop

      --
      Rui Francisco - blackmolly@...
      São João dos Montes - Portugal
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2010
        > Hi,
        >
        > We migrated a mail server from qmail + vpopmail to postfix+vpopmail
        > and the mail server is working properly with virtual domains.
        >
        > The only problem is that if the user has a .forward file in the home
        > or in the Maildir doesn't read them and doesn't forward the emails but
        > delivers them locally.

        If you are delivering mail to virtual users with virtual(8), .forward
        files do not work.
        Only local(8) processes .forward files.

        If you need to process .forward files for virtual users, use another MDA.

        J.