email/postfix guru help needed, will compensate

  • George
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2010
      Clearly we are no good with email servers, so we come to the experts.

      Centos 5.3, dbmail, postfix, pgsql. All up and running.

      1. Outgoing mail works fine.
      2. Incoming we get the
      Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

      virtual
      queries return the 1 and empty per dbmail wiki instructions. Sounds like we
      are missing something obvious but we have ran out of time.

      Is anyone available to help us out get this server going?, we will be more than happy to compensate for time spent. - george

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2010
        On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 08:23:56PM -0700, George wrote:

        > Clearly we are no good with email servers, so we come to the experts.

        Also, not too strong on asking questions that can be answered. :-(

        > Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

        Don't remove log entries from their context. Show the full
        log entry. You can mask address local parts, but leave
        everything else unmodified and report the entire log entry.

        The recipient domain is listed in $mydestination, but the recipient
        address (neither user@domain, nor just "user") is not listed in
        $local_recipient_maps.

      • George
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2010
          Thank you to all who replied with offers to help.
          postfix does indeed work great out of the box with minimal configuration. Our dns related issue was fixed after a 45 minute investigation with one of you, thanks again - george