Re: Postini, Has bad idea for adding ip numbers. This is sendmail example

  • Charles Marcus
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2010
      On 2010-06-04 1:27 PM, Dan Burkland wrote:
      > For my Postfix + Postini setup I have the following configuration options set:
      >
      > relayhost = PostiniFQDNGoeshHere
      > mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, PostiniIPBLockGoesHere
      > smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
      >
      > -Dan

      Ugh, why in the world would you put them in your mynetworks?

      Although I use webroot, the concept is identical:

      smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
      permit_mynetworks,
      permit_sasl_authenticated,
      reject_unauth_destination,
      check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/allowed_clients.cidr,
      check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/x-employees,
      check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/blocked_senders,
      check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/nospoof

      Where allowed_clients.cidr contains:

      # Allowed IP blocks, with subsequent checks. To disallow subsequent
      # checks, use permit_auth_destination instead of dunno
      #
      # webroot netblocks
      208.87.136.0/23 dunno
      203.100.58.0/24 dunno
      194.116.198.0/23 dunno
      #
      # Reject all clients not matching anything above
      #
      0.0.0.0/0 reject unauthorized client, please use our MX

      --

      Best regards,

      Charles