Re: Virtual domains (more)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2010
      curtis@... a écrit :
      > Can I also assume that I would use relay_domains and relay_transport?
      >
      > Correct?

      see the ADDRESS CLASS README.

      in short, domains/addresses come into many flaours:

      - if mail is to be delivered to unix accounts, then
      * list the domain in mydestination
      * list valid addresses in local_recipient_maps

      - if postfix should deliver locally to virtual mailboxes (same box, but
      not unix accounts). then
      * list the domain in virtual_mailbox_domains
      * list valid addresses in virtual_mailbox_maps

      - if mail should be forwarded to a remote server, then
      * list the domain in relay_domains
      * list valid addresses in relay_recipient_maps

      - if the domain is an alias (foo@... goes to
      foo@...), then
      * list the domain in virtual_alias_domains
      * add address mappings in virtual_alias_maps.

      - anything else is a "foreign" mail that is rejected by
      reject_unauth_destination. and is otherwise forwared using transports
      (default-ing to MX/A lookup).

      with experience, you can play with all the above (for example, with
      transport_maps, you can change the destination...). but the above should
      give you an idea of what class is for what mail.