Virtual domains (more)

  • curtis@maurand.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2010
      Can I also assume that I would use relay_domains and relay_transport?

      Correct?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2010
        curtis@... a écrit :
        > Can I also assume that I would use relay_domains and relay_transport?
        >
        > Correct?

        see the ADDRESS CLASS README.

        in short, domains/addresses come into many flaours:

        - if mail is to be delivered to unix accounts, then
        * list the domain in mydestination
        * list valid addresses in local_recipient_maps

        - if postfix should deliver locally to virtual mailboxes (same box, but
        not unix accounts). then
        * list the domain in virtual_mailbox_domains
        * list valid addresses in virtual_mailbox_maps

        - if mail should be forwarded to a remote server, then
        * list the domain in relay_domains
        * list valid addresses in relay_recipient_maps

        - if the domain is an alias (foo@... goes to
        foo@...), then
        * list the domain in virtual_alias_domains
        * add address mappings in virtual_alias_maps.

        - anything else is a "foreign" mail that is rejected by
        reject_unauth_destination. and is otherwise forwared using transports
        (default-ing to MX/A lookup).

        with experience, you can play with all the above (for example, with
        transport_maps, you can change the destination...). but the above should
        give you an idea of what class is for what mail.