Postfix 2.8 and 2.7 updates ready for testing

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
      I just uploaded new versions of Postfix 2.8-20100601 "experimental"
      and a release candidate for Postfix 2.7.1 "stable".

      Both versions have the same fixes/workarounds for incompatible
      changes in MacOS 10.6, OpenSSL 1.0.0, and Berkeley DB 5.0.21,
      which were contributed from various places.

      At the moment I either don't have these systems or I don't use them
      enough to make a convincing test case, so it would be good if some
      people can confirm that the changes are integrated properly.

      Wietse
    • Matt Hayes
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
        On 06/01/2010 08:30 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
        > I just uploaded new versions of Postfix 2.8-20100601 "experimental"
        > and a release candidate for Postfix 2.7.1 "stable".
        >
        > Both versions have the same fixes/workarounds for incompatible
        > changes in MacOS 10.6, OpenSSL 1.0.0, and Berkeley DB 5.0.21,
        > which were contributed from various places.
        >
        > At the moment I either don't have these systems or I don't use them
        > enough to make a convincing test case, so it would be good if some
        > people can confirm that the changes are integrated properly.
        >
        > Wietse

        Wietse,

        Do you by chance have the CHANGELOG and RELEASE_NOTES for the latest 2.8
        snapshot release?

        -Matt
      • Sahil Tandon
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
          On Tue, 01 Jun 2010, Matt Hayes wrote:

          > On 06/01/2010 08:30 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
          > > I just uploaded new versions of Postfix 2.8-20100601 "experimental"
          > > and a release candidate for Postfix 2.7.1 "stable".
          > >
          > > Both versions have the same fixes/workarounds for incompatible
          > > changes in MacOS 10.6, OpenSSL 1.0.0, and Berkeley DB 5.0.21,
          > > which were contributed from various places.
          > >
          > > At the moment I either don't have these systems or I don't use them
          > > enough to make a convincing test case, so it would be good if some
          > > people can confirm that the changes are integrated properly.
          >
          > Do you by chance have the CHANGELOG and RELEASE_NOTES for the latest 2.8
          > snapshot release?

          Change log/History is here:

          ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/experimental/postfix-2.8-20100601.HISTORY

          --
          Sahil Tandon <sahil@...>
        • Matt Hayes
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
            On 06/01/2010 08:50 PM, Sahil Tandon wrote:
            > On Tue, 01 Jun 2010, Matt Hayes wrote:
            >
            >> On 06/01/2010 08:30 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
            >>> I just uploaded new versions of Postfix 2.8-20100601 "experimental"
            >>> and a release candidate for Postfix 2.7.1 "stable".
            >>>
            >>> Both versions have the same fixes/workarounds for incompatible
            >>> changes in MacOS 10.6, OpenSSL 1.0.0, and Berkeley DB 5.0.21,
            >>> which were contributed from various places.
            >>>
            >>> At the moment I either don't have these systems or I don't use them
            >>> enough to make a convincing test case, so it would be good if some
            >>> people can confirm that the changes are integrated properly.
            >>
            >> Do you by chance have the CHANGELOG and RELEASE_NOTES for the latest 2.8
            >> snapshot release?
            >
            > Change log/History is here:
            >
            > ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/experimental/postfix-2.8-20100601.HISTORY

            Oh duH! Thanks Sahil.. didn't even think to check the actual ftp site!

            Loooong day :)

            -Matt
          • Jim Wright
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010
              OS X 10.6.3, attempting to build 2.7.1-RC1:

              (snip)
              In file included from dns_lookup.c:152:
              dns.h:26:28: error: nameser_compat.h: No such file or directory
              make: *** [dns_lookup.o] Error 1
              make: *** [update] Error 1

              In my 2.7 build, I referenced this file: arpa/nameser_compat.h

              Jim

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 3, 2010
                Jim Wright:
                > OS X 10.6.3, attempting to build 2.7.1-RC1:
                >
                > (snip)
                > In file included from dns_lookup.c:152:
                > dns.h:26:28: error: nameser_compat.h: No such file or directory
                > make: *** [dns_lookup.o] Error 1
                > make: *** [update] Error 1
                >

                > In my 2.7 build, I referenced this file: arpa/nameser_compat.h

                I have uploaded release candidate 2.

                Next time, perhaps you can send an actual code fragment, to
                avoid errors translating eye witness reports into code.

                Wietse
              • Jim Wright
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 3, 2010
                  On Jun 3, 2010, at 8:25 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:

                  > Jim Wright:
                  >> OS X 10.6.3, attempting to build 2.7.1-RC1:
                  >>
                  >> (snip)
                  >> In file included from dns_lookup.c:152:
                  >> dns.h:26:28: error: nameser_compat.h: No such file or directory
                  >> make: *** [dns_lookup.o] Error 1
                  >> make: *** [update] Error 1
                  >>

                  >> In my 2.7 build, I referenced this file: arpa/nameser_compat.h
                  >
                  > I have uploaded release candidate 2.
                  >
                  > Next time, perhaps you can send an actual code fragment, to
                  > avoid errors translating eye witness reports into code.

                  Sorry about that, I'll make sure to do so next time.

                  RC2 has compiled successfully and has been installed here, so far, no issues.
                • Hari Hendaryanto
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 3, 2010
                    On 6/2/2010 7:30 AM, Wietse Venema wrote:
                    > I just uploaded new versions of Postfix 2.8-20100601 "experimental"

                    i think you have typo in your download site wieste, it said
                    postfix-2.8-20100603.tar.gz , which is not found.

                    thanks

                    PT.CITRA SARI MAKMUR
                    SATELLITE & TERRESTRIAL NETWORK

                    Connecting the distance - anytime, anywhere, any content
                    http://www.csmcom.com