same mailboxname in both virtual alias maps && virtual mailbox maps to create a forward ?

  • Gerrit
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2010
      Hi All,

      I have searched many hours on google trying to find if an virtual alias
      is possible in combination with a virtual mailbox with te same name.

      The setup we have is a complete complete virtual based one with
      mailboxes stored in mysql

      virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps
      virtual_alias_expansion_limit = 1000
      virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-autoreply.cf
      mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf
      hash:/etc/postfix/virtual-special
      regexp:/etc/postfix/reserved-addresses
      virtual_alias_recursion_limit = 1000
      virtual_destination_concurrency_limit =
      $default_destination_concurrency_limit
      virtual_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
      virtual_gid_maps = static:1002
      virtual_mailbox_base = /
      virtual_mailbox_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/mailbox-domains
      mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-transport.cf
      virtual_mailbox_limit = 51200000
      virtual_mailbox_lock = fcntl
      virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-mailbox.cf
      virtual_minimum_uid = 1000
      virtual_transport = virtual
      virtual_uid_maps = static:1002

      Now i have already this working situation :
      When an email comes in for a certain mailbox, lets say
      destination@..., it is aliased to
      seconddestination@... and somebox@yahoomail.
      In my mysql table i then have two entries destination@... ->
      seconddestination@... and destination@... ->
      somebox@yahoomail.
      This would make destination@... a pure virt. alias and
      seconddestination@... a pure virtual mailbox.

      My wish is this :
      When an email comes in for a certain mailbox, lets say
      wish@..., i also want a copy to somebox@....
      How do i have to setup this ?
      @ first i would think of this : In my virtual mailbox maps i put
      wish@... and in my virtual alias maps i put 2 entries :
      wish@... -> wish@... and wish@... ->
      somebox@....

      But in this example, the mail never arrives in the wish@...
      virtual mailbox.
      Is it because the same name is present in both virtual alias maps and
      virtual mailbox maps ?

      Kind regards

      Gerrit.
    • ram
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2010
        On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 09:13 +0200, Gerrit wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I have searched many hours on google trying to find if an virtual alias
        > is possible in combination with a virtual mailbox with te same name.
        >
        > The setup we have is a complete complete virtual based one with
        > mailboxes stored in mysql
        >
        > virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps
        > virtual_alias_expansion_limit = 1000
        > virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-autoreply.cf
        > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf
        > hash:/etc/postfix/virtual-special
        > regexp:/etc/postfix/reserved-addresses
        > virtual_alias_recursion_limit = 1000
        > virtual_destination_concurrency_limit =
        > $default_destination_concurrency_limit
        > virtual_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
        > virtual_gid_maps = static:1002
        > virtual_mailbox_base = /
        > virtual_mailbox_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/mailbox-domains
        > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-transport.cf
        > virtual_mailbox_limit = 51200000
        > virtual_mailbox_lock = fcntl
        > virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-mailbox.cf
        > virtual_minimum_uid = 1000
        > virtual_transport = virtual
        > virtual_uid_maps = static:1002
        >

        > Now i have already this working situation :
        > When an email comes in for a certain mailbox, lets say
        > destination@..., it is aliased to
        > seconddestination@... and somebox@yahoomail.
        > In my mysql table i then have two entries destination@... ->
        > seconddestination@... and destination@... ->
        > somebox@yahoomail.
        > This would make destination@... a pure virt. alias and
        > seconddestination@... a pure virtual mailbox.
        >

        > My wish is this :
        > When an email comes in for a certain mailbox, lets say
        > wish@..., i also want a copy to somebox@....
        > How do i have to setup this ?
        > @ first i would think of this : In my virtual mailbox maps i put
        > wish@... and in my virtual alias maps i put 2 entries :
        > wish@... -> wish@... and wish@... ->
        > somebox@....

        I guess you need recipient_bcc_maps
        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#recipient_bcc_maps

        Thanks
        Ram
      • Rene Bakkum
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2010
          Gerrit wrote:
          > Hi All,
          >
          > I have searched many hours on google trying to find if an virtual
          > alias is possible in combination with a virtual mailbox with te same
          > name.
          >
          > The setup we have is a complete complete virtual based one with
          > mailboxes stored in mysql
          >
          > virtual_alias_domains = $virtual_alias_maps
          > virtual_alias_expansion_limit = 1000
          > virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-autoreply.cf
          > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf
          > hash:/etc/postfix/virtual-special
          > regexp:/etc/postfix/reserved-addresses
          > virtual_alias_recursion_limit = 1000
          > virtual_destination_concurrency_limit =
          > $default_destination_concurrency_limit
          > virtual_destination_recipient_limit =
          > $default_destination_recipient_limit
          > virtual_gid_maps = static:1002
          > virtual_mailbox_base = /
          > virtual_mailbox_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/mailbox-domains
          > mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-transport.cf
          > virtual_mailbox_limit = 51200000
          > virtual_mailbox_lock = fcntl
          > virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-mailbox.cf
          > virtual_minimum_uid = 1000
          > virtual_transport = virtual
          > virtual_uid_maps = static:1002
          >

          > Now i have already this working situation :
          > When an email comes in for a certain mailbox, lets say
          > destination@..., it is aliased to
          > seconddestination@... and somebox@yahoomail.
          > In my mysql table i then have two entries destination@...
          > -> seconddestination@... and destination@... ->
          > somebox@yahoomail.
          > This would make destination@... a pure virt. alias and
          > seconddestination@... a pure virtual mailbox.
          >

          > My wish is this :
          > When an email comes in for a certain mailbox, lets say
          > wish@..., i also want a copy to somebox@....
          > How do i have to setup this ?
          > @ first i would think of this : In my virtual mailbox maps i put
          > wish@... and in my virtual alias maps i put 2 entries :
          > wish@... -> wish@... and wish@... ->
          > somebox@....
          >
          > But in this example, the mail never arrives in the wish@...
          > virtual mailbox.
          > Is it because the same name is present in both virtual alias maps and
          > virtual mailbox maps ?
          >
          > Kind regards
          >
          > Gerrit.

          In my setup I have a second destination set by comma seperate.

          To stay in your example:
          In table tbl_alias:
          wish@... => wish@..., somebox@...

          - Rene