Re: clamav with master.cf/main.cf

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 12:57 PM
      On 4/29/2010 2:06 PM, W S wrote:
      > Folks,
      > I would like to filter out and quarantine emails which has SocialSec or
      > CreditCard numbers within Subject or Body of emails [regular ascii digits]
      > I see ClamAV has options with DLP[Data Loss Prevention] - does anyone
      > knows what exactly I have add within master.cf/main.cf to accomplish this?
      > This is a plain internal email relayer running Postfix.
      > Thanks in advance,
      > WS

      The changes made to postfix depends on how you interface
      clamav with postfix.

      Popular interfaces between clamav and postfix are amavisd-new
      used as either a content_filter or smtpd_proxy_filter, or the
      clamav-milter supplied with clamav. There are many other
      content filters and milters to choose from, depending on your
      needs.

      Amavisd-new has flexible quarantine storage options, including
      storing the message in a file, forwarding to a special
      mailbox, or SQL. More information and install instructions
      can be found here:
      http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/

      Clamav-milter quarantines mail by placing it in the postfix
      hold queue. See the clam docs for more info.